Squawk of the Day - Jan. 21, 2013

"The city is making progress and those who exaggerate Albany’s faults are simply haters."

Comments

MRKIA 1 year, 3 months ago

JUST GETTING RID OF MURFREE WAS PROGRESS. STILL A LONNNNGG WAY FROM BRAGGING.

dickyboy 1 year, 3 months ago

I think the word haters should be replaced by realists.. more minus' than plus'....however if you can prove Me wrong I'm all ears..

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

Well, I do not exaggerate. You can bet I will continue to have my say particularly as long as I have to pay the confiscatory, outrageous taxes and get little in return.

RedEric 1 year, 3 months ago

Hater is a racist code word. Why doesn't the squawker just say " I hate all white people". Hey, Carlton, I like this way of thinking. Being a liberal koolaid drinker is way easier than exploring alternatives via two way discussion.

hotdog 1 year, 3 months ago

Hater is a racist code word.....lol...funny

chinaberry25 1 year, 3 months ago

Progress, yea of little faith. If you do not expect much, you will be given little. Progress is Japan. Failure is Albany. Until Albany gets self supporting and 85% of children are not on free or reduced lunches then you have progress. When crime is actually down and unemployment is under 5% and new companies are flowing into Albany, maybe. I lived during the 50's and 60's and as far as comparison, the only progress being done that I can see is government spending and BS. Any government spending is a backward fall not forward. But the deep pockets will never come to Albany again. Go to some of the blogs about where to live in the state of Georgia and see what they are saying. We are the joke of the whole state. They only folks who come back are the ones who come with their tails between their legs after no where else to go but home.

trudy2 1 year, 3 months ago

I came here from another town and find where I live very nice and comfortable. Great neighbors, clean subdivison, pretty much like where I came from, most folks know how to mind their own business. I love it here in Georgia.

agirl_25 1 year, 3 months ago

I love the part of Georgia I live in too, trudy but can't say much for Albany ....I came to Georgia the very first time as a young military bride 50 years ago, my very first visit to the south. I came by train to Albany, and boy was it an eye opener. Lovely train ride and a lovely train station but I must say I was kind of surprised by the WHITE ONLY and COLORED ONLY signs all around. Still, Albany was a beautiful town. My second visit to Albany was by airplane, and the airport was OK, not too big or much to write home about but the plane landed OK and got us here. We came into Albany again when my husband's grandmother and 3 aunts died...and when he retired from the military moved into the SoWeGa area....but are thankful we don't live in the city. As I said, I remember it as a beautiful city back when I first came here, driving down 3rd Avenue, Society Avenue and some of those areas, the homes were so beautiful and the neighborhoods kept so nice. I do love Georgia tho, and love SoWeGa.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

Bet this squawker is on the "Obama give it to me I deserve it" train...

bigbob 1 year, 3 months ago

I would like to here from the bussiness leaders not a freeload libtard thank you on how it is getting better around here.

hotdog 1 year, 3 months ago

Freeloaders entitlements....oh the irony in those words....entitlements have been given to certain people for centuries(landowners, slave owners, white people on the bus etc. also trickle down policies) I like how people switch it up to their liking...

VSU 1 year, 3 months ago

The city is progressively going down the toilet.

hotdog 1 year, 3 months ago

Don't usually agree with you but you are so right on this one...it's not going...it has already gone

oldster 1 year, 3 months ago

For many reasons Albany is going through a very tough time. Many people are working hard to make it a better city. Since the Summer of 1978 when Judge Wilbur Owens ruled for forced busing for the public schools there has been a steady exodus of people (and later businesses) who could afford to move out of town for better schools etc. The city has lost much of it's tax base and tax payers. The task ahead for Albany is difficult but I have to think that someday they will rebound and people will start moving back to town.

Cartman 1 year, 3 months ago

Another squawk from the ADICA CEO. Unlike his predecessors, he is at least trying to sway public opinion by posts and squawks. Good try! But it will take more than that . Its not a perception problem. It's being forced to fund something that we do not believe in. We continue to fund ill-conceived ideas. And those in charge think that we are are the problem.

whattheheck 1 year, 3 months ago

OK, if it makes you feel better, label those with enough sense to realize the predicament Albany is in as "haters". I'm good with that so let's call those who are not haters by the label "losers". Seems to fit real well, don't ya think?