Squawk of the Day - Jan. 22, 2013

"On exits 2 and 3 on the Liberty bypass, all the trees have not been trimmed. I’m pretty sure we paid our taxes here in East Albany. Would you please trim our trees and pick up the litter? This is a gateway to the city of Albany."

Comments

dickyboy 1 year, 8 months ago

Call 311..tell them your problem.. it worked for me with a sewage problem downtown..

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 8 months ago

The City also has an app for 311. Everytime I call for my neighborhood watch the city always responds and gets the job done.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Squawker, haven't you figured out that we (I live in East Albany) who live in East Albany are second class citizens and therefore not entitled to the perks and services of those who live on the other side of the river? We aren't called river rats for nothing...

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 8 months ago

call the city commission and see if they return your calls.......

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 8 months ago

The litter is very bad in Albany. I pick up litter around my neighborhood and by the next day it seems ten times worse. People have no respect in this town.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 8 months ago

Seriously, squawker??? Is anyone else in Albany like me? I have no idea what the exit numbers are on the expressway...

rock 1 year, 8 months ago

Albany Ga. Leads in welfare Recipients, Leads in teenage pregnancy, Leads in illiiteracy, leads in high school school drop outs, leads in illegal activity by school board members and teachers, leads in felonies on and on and on.

Do we really find the cutting of a few trees and some litter all that important. Focus on the real problems in this area and not on stuff that does'nt matter but to a very select few.

whattheheck 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes we do, Rock. The city cannot seem to be focused on the biggies you mentioned or much of anything worthwhile. So we should get something and if trees are the best we can do, go with it!

Cartman 1 year, 8 months ago

Too bad Wal-Mart isn't in East Albany.

But as we all know, for sales tax revenue neighborhood development purposes: Wal*Mart is "downtown".