Woman stabbed in neck for ATM card

A Dougherty County woman was stabbed in the neck and her ATM card taken by her husband.

A Dougherty County Police officer looks through a trash been in front of a duplex on the 700 block of Lover's Lane Road Wednesday after a report of a stabbing.

ALBANY, Ga. — Brandie Hurst of 176 Lovers Lane Road, Apt. B, was stabbed before noon on Wednesday by her husband, who then demanded her ATM card, said Capt. Tom Jackson with the Dougherty County Police Department.

MOBILE USERS: Click here for the video.

Jackson Dee Hurst apparently stabbed his wife and then made her tell him the location of her debit card, which he then took with him from the premises. The victim was treated on the scene for "non-life threatening" wounds to the side of the neck, officers said.

Jackson said an all points bulletin was issued for Dee Hurst, who fled the scene in a blue 2009 Chevrolet Malibu, Georgia tag number BKS 6360. Hurst has been charged with aggravated assault under the family violence heading.

Jackson said that shortly after the alleged attack, Hurst sent a text to his employer, stating he was driving to Savannah. He also sent a text to Brandie Hurst's mother asking if his wife was okay, police said.

Brandie Hurst told police that her husband has a history of drug usage.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 2 months ago

"Woman stabbed in neck for ATM card"...........I'm confused...........was there an ATM card in the woman's neck? Did she swallow an ATM card? Was she choking on a partially swallowed ATM card? Had she stolen the man's ATM card and refused to return it, swallowing it instead? I just have so many querstions.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

He stabbed her to tell him where her ATM card was, then took it and drove off.

darnette0101 1 year, 2 months ago

It's not a funny story, but you made me laugh. For shame! :)

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

I guess I just assume husbands and wives know each other's ATM card locations....doh is me, huh? Am I too far behind the times? Do I need to "get with it"?

Bwana_Daode 1 year, 2 months ago

How sad this story is. Crack is a hell of a drug.

VietVet1 1 year, 2 months ago

Umm - took the Peach Card and text his boss on his Obama phone. OK, I see where this is going.

AuntieDee 1 year, 2 months ago

Yep, I see exactly where this is going. A couple of rednecks who need Obamacare and the Obama phone. Heck if it wasn't for Obama they wouldn't have anything. Bush surely didn't do a darn thing for them.

daisymae 1 year, 2 months ago

agirl_25, if you have a husband who abuses drugs...the answer is NO, he does not have your ATM card. Until I could get away from one who abused drugs, I had to sleep with my purse in the bed with me and the bedroom door locked. I never carried cash because that was just an open invitation to needing to go buy, "cigarettes", "a soda", or "groceries" which would never make it back to the house. I even kept the extra checkbooks, bank statements, credit card statements or anything with an account number locked in the trunk of my car. Thank the good Lord I don't live in that anymore.

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks daisymae, I guess I live behind rose colored glasses, huh, or have had it too easy all these years. Never thought of those things and appreciate you for pointing them out to me. Sorry to appear so dumb. Also, sorry you had to endure that for so long and happy to know you are out of that situation now. I cannot imagine what it must be like to live like that.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

I hope this woman was well enough to call the bank and report that card stolen so he won't be able to use it, and she best not be home when he gets back providing he doesn't get caught. She needs to get rid of this man. Any man that would stab his own wife for her ATM card, no telling what he will do next. I realize drugs are messing his mind up, but that makes him a dangerous person. He needs professional help.

BNORRIS88 1 year, 2 months ago

@SISTER RUBY are you really that dumb? I mean come on. Not everybody that is married has a bank account together. In her case it wasn't together. And yeah Daisymae...he needed money for drugs. @VSU he needs more that professional help...maybe 5 to 10 years in jail.

AuntieDee 1 year, 2 months ago

Yep he really is that dumb! lol

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

Er, I pretty much meant he needs to be in jail and away from her and needs professional help.

BNORRIS88 1 year, 2 months ago

I meant to say he needs no more professional help. oops!

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

He needs a professional beating.

waltspecht 1 year, 2 months ago

Life with an addicted individual is rough. I believe it is called hard love. You have them arrested and kept in jail. I have known people that couldn't bring themselves to deal with an addicted child. Instead they went home each day to see what had been stolen and sold in their latest attempt to get money. Then they eventually went to threatening and in one case beating the Parent. The sooner steps are taken to deal with the problem the better. Sometimes, the need to sever all ties is there, and most folks just won't do it until it is too late.

spookj6 1 year, 2 months ago

I bet when yall find out who he really is attitude will change. He plays golf on Grand Island.

AuntieDee 1 year, 2 months ago

Oh no! They really don't want to hear that.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

Two idiots speaking out again. They should lock y'all up for being stupid.

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

I guess Grand Island is a swanky place, huh? And our attitude will change because he is "somebody"? Didn't it give their names? I don't know them.

BNORRIS88 1 year, 2 months ago

I know him and my attitude will not change. I really don't know if he has ever played golf on Grand Island...but if he has it hasn't been in the last few years. If you know him apparently you don't know him all that well. Just saying.

BNORRIS88 1 year, 2 months ago

Well he is caught! And in some serious additional trouble.