Squawk of the day - Jan. 28, 2013

"I see by the grading stakes that Darton is about to destroy the beautiful shaded nature trail that I and many others have used for many years. I guess the hot rodders need another drag strip. Just because you have money to waste and the ability to do so does not make it right."

Comments

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 2 months ago

Downtown has plenty of nature trails. Why not try those out? Don't be scared of the "democrats," they won't bite. :)

chinaberry25 1 year, 2 months ago

They do not come east of Slappey. There is also to be considered, that this does belong to Darton and the taxpayers. If they need the trail, it is theirs to use as they see fit. Darton is about the only thing hopping in Albany other than Phoebe. Time marches on, so you have to deal with it.

TRUTH101 1 year, 2 months ago

What is their economical benefit to Albany? Something tells me that Albany State and P&G do much more for the city of Albany……but hey they aren’t “hopping”?

bigbob 1 year, 2 months ago

Ya ASU really helps the city by handing out degrees to people like Murfree & half the other useless teachers in this city. lol

Landofthefree 1 year, 2 months ago

Don't worry, they will probably find an endangered spider soon and stop all the progress.

ObjectiveEyes 1 year, 2 months ago

If they have money to spend, I'd like to suggest that they get in the current century and update their information technology systems. Why in the world are they still shuffling paper transcripts around when students transfer. They mail them rather than electronically transmit. Inefficient and archaic.

ZCorp 1 year, 2 months ago

Tough. I love nature too, but this is progress. Darton is a great school. My personal mindset is go support Chehaw, @ buy a membership to the most beautiful park in town, while supporting the local economy at the same time. Wow, I should run for office I have such cool Ideas, not bragging. But, I Am so awesome sometimes. Peace be with you today

Cartman 1 year, 2 months ago

Hot rodders pay taxes too. If you want to see nature, go out of the city limits.

Atownflava 1 year, 2 months ago

Please Darton...you don't have to pave everything! The trails are safe, beautiful, natural, & free. Too bad there aren't enough active outdoor people in Albany to make a fuss to save them.