Squawk of the Day - Jan. 31, 2013

"Once again this gutless Albany City Commission fails its constituents. Even more cowardly are the actions of commissioners who abstain and evade their responsibilities. No profiles in courage here."

Comments

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 5 months ago

Is this just a general complaint or is there a specific failure the squawker has in mind?

FryarTuk 1 year, 5 months ago

Christ Piker comes to mind as a specific example. But in general the lot of them aren't worth a plugged nickel.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 5 months ago

Chris made a statement about this yesterday on his Facebook page.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 5 months ago

He actually made the right decision to abstain since he is friends with Gilbert.

FryarTuk 1 year, 5 months ago

I would find that more credible if he had made that statement contemporaneously in public to the city commissioners or mayor. Otherwise, I agree that he should not have participated. I renew my complaint against him that he is an unethical piker.

chinaberry25 1 year, 5 months ago

We are not mind readers and I do not know why you are surprised. They will next be running for the Senate and do you expect any better there? But you go ahead and re elect them anyway.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 5 months ago

Do you honestly believe that a commissioner who refuses to pay his bills will cast an unpopular vote to close a bar that he probably goes to? Kind of delusional, isn't it? The one that surprised me was Postel...who knew he would grow ----- on this vote?

agirl_25 1 year, 5 months ago

Yeah, I was kind of surprised too. As I say, I don't live in DoCo and probably don't have any business commenting on your idiot commissioners but it really shocked me...Tommy Boy's vote on the license. Pike(r), probably a prime example of a proper perfunctionary person, whether or not he ever picked a peck of pickled peppers, will arise from his chair, I am sure, and vote for what is in his best interest......ergo....like Flunky said, do you think he's gonna close down a place he hangs at..........bro! He may have a tab there..who knows? Seems he has a lot of tabs, huh?

erock 1 year, 5 months ago

They aint gonna vote to close down a bar, especially when it is black owned and operated. Who do you think voted for them. You know what's coming next. A lawsuit and the threat to blow the whistle and expose some of these commissioners dirty laundry.