Squawk of the Day 1 Feb 2013

Don’t you just love Georgia Republicans? So afraid they’d be accused of raising taxes, they have instead enacted an atrocious auto sales fee (tax), and have added a new tax (fee) on private-party auto sales for the first time in Georgia history. Shame on those hypocrites.

Comments

waltspecht 1 year, 2 months ago

I don't think that used auto sales tax is the first time in Georgia history.

RedEric 1 year, 2 months ago

Well gee whiz Walt, MSNBC said it could all be blamed on Repubs.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 2 months ago

But yet we complain about having to pay taxes on our autos once a year when we get our tags.....go figure. If I buy a new car now, I would pay a one time tax. As it is, if I keep the car I have now for the next ten or twelve years, I pay taxes on that car for the nest ten or twelve years. I would rather pay taxes once and get it over with.

chinaberry25 1 year, 2 months ago

No, I am more afraid of the little Democrats who refused to work and their votes are bought by other Democrats for the freebie handouts. The Republicans are trying to keep the state afloat so it does not wind up like Calif. If you are too stupid to see this, they you are most likely on of the freeloaders.

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

The GOP is not a plugged nickel's worth of difference than the Democrats. You are an idiot if you believe otherwise.

MRKIA 1 year, 2 months ago

THAR'S A HEAP O' TRUTH IN THAT STATEMENT. ALL THE PARTISAN ANTICS ARE TO DESIGNED TO MAKE ONE BELIEVE ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER.

bigbob 1 year, 2 months ago

I had rather pay an auto tax than have to pay for all these libtard welfare rejects around here. The only reason they vote for Obumma is he is the foodstamp prez, more people in Albany life on free bees than pay checks.

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

Well, you jes line up an' pay yore auto tax and know you are participating in the Obama plan of wealth distribution.

Local 1 year, 2 months ago

And have we lost our tax break in the mix?

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

Well, one thing has been gained - more taxes aimed at small businesses which BTW produce more jobs than giant corporations.

ittybittyme 1 year, 2 months ago

It's not just Republicans you idiot squawker...it's both parties!!

oldster 1 year, 2 months ago

Holy cow! All of you who wrote in sound like you don't trust your government....neither do I.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

Actually it's not shame on the Republicans, but rather shame on those who don't pay their fair share of taxes.

alleebrin 1 year, 2 months ago

I think there is disparity in the definition of "fair share." I'd say the folks who drive cars bigger than they need, live in houses bigger than they need - and the bizzare flippant spending goes on and on - can well afford to pay more taxes. Get real, Americans, you can't have your cake and eat it too!!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 2 months ago

I would say those folks with bigger cars than they can afford are probably leasing them. They will soon feel their wallets are a little lighter.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

@ alleebrin...What about those organizations that don't pay any taxes? Phoebe, Churches, The NAACP are just a few examples. Can you say they pay their "fair share" of taxes?

I could say I live in a house bigger than I need, but I pay my taxes on it.