Missing teen returned to grandmother safely

Albany Police are searching for Tamika Lewis.

Albany Police are searching for Tamika Lewis.

ALBANY, Ga. —The Albany Police Department says that a teen who went missing March 1 has returned safely home to her grandmother.

Tamika Lewis, 16, was unharmed, Phyllis Banks, spokeswoman for the APD, says. No further details were given.

The APD issued a lookout on March 4 for the missing teenager. She went missing from 2005 Beachview Drive after she left home following a disagreement with her mother, police officials said.

No foul play was suspected at the time of her disappearance, but she has been diagnosed with a mental disorder and had not been on her medication for a couple of days, police officials said when the lookout was issued.

Comments

chinaberry25 1 year, 1 month ago

Try a crack house in South Albany. Usually where they find them or shacked up with her future baby daddy.

PeterWeeStraw 1 year, 1 month ago

You stupid, insensitive, clown. I hope you are proud of yourself. Why don't u add your picture to see if you comments would be the same. I doubt it tough guy.

Somebody 1 year, 1 month ago

Where's your picture? Even if a picture was posted you would not know it was legit or not.

rchatmon 1 year, 1 month ago

I do not typically respond to the comments of others but this is just too much. First, the individual responsible for monitoring these posts must not be reading them with relation to the story. To think that it would be allowable for someone to post such a negative statement about a missing child is beyond comprehension. Second, I would hope that this comment would be removed immediately. Lastly, chinaberry25 I have read many of your posts and have agreed with some and disagreed with many but always respectfully. Your words here with regard to this child are demeaning, disrespectful and completely uncalled for. There is so much I want to say here but I refuse to get into a war of words with you but if you really want to know why the world (not just Albany) is in the shape it is, go look in the mirror!

Parent 1 year, 1 month ago

I agree with you 100%! Very insensitive and uncalled for. SHAME ON ALBANY HERALD!

Brother_Love 1 year, 1 month ago

rchatmon, in regards to your comment about comments being removed and why they are even allowed to be posted. I would imagine it boils down to who is monitoring the site and in some cases I have seen comments removed that were far less offensiive than the above comment, so in that regard you have a valid point. Some of these people know nothing but hate and disrespect. I wonder how they would feel if that was their child missing and someone made a comment like that.

erudite 1 year, 1 month ago

suggesting removal...cb25 is obviously ignorant.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 1 month ago

I guess the question is, "Do you realize that you are racist?" If this was a white girl with pretty blonde hair, would you still say those terrible things? Good job, chinaberry.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 1 month ago

Please see article, "A little home training goes a long way".

erudite 1 year, 1 month ago