Squawk of the Day - March 7, 2013

"There is an old truism that if you elect or appoint unqualified personnel and leaders, then you will certainly reap unsuccessful results. This is exactly what has happened in the DCSS with Dr. Murfree and also the City Commission with the Cutliff Grove debacle."

Comments

dickyboy 1 year, 1 month ago

Not prejudice but true.... blacks vote for blacks... white vote for whites... Catholics vote for Catholics...Jews vote for Jews... Irish vote for Irish... etc..etc..

Broken_to_bits 1 year, 1 month ago

Don't forget alot of people are told who to vote for!

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 1 month ago

Yes, and that is a BIG problem. When you cannot think for yourself then that should clue you in that you are the very problem.

trudy2 1 year, 1 month ago

And the preachers don't pay taxes.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 1 month ago

fools vote for fools.......(remember those who voted for Bush).....

gotanyfacts 1 year, 1 month ago

BSR, Any idea as to why America's "foolish quotient" was at its highest level in the last two presidential elections?

VSU 1 year, 1 month ago

And idiots vote for idiots (Those who voted for Obuma)

VietVet1 1 year, 1 month ago

Don't forget Obama too - oh wait - at least they did get a free phone

waltspecht 1 year, 1 month ago

Seems like the last Presidential vote isn't working out that great either.

bigbob 1 year, 1 month ago

Don't forget most people in albany vote for the people who will give them more free bees, reason obumma is prez.

chinaberry25 1 year, 1 month ago

No, O is president because of voter fraud. Romney did not lose by that much of the popular vote. You can tell where the folks do not have any ethics live. God will repay them in kind, that the Bible promises you. I know I would be afraid for myself if I was guilty.

TRUTH101 1 year, 1 month ago

You must be mistaken and meant to say when Bush stole the presidency............

VSU 1 year, 1 month ago

Just like Obama stole the presidency with illegal votes.

oldster 1 year, 1 month ago

Yes, the squawker is right. At present we can see the results of OUR judgment at the terrible leadership in Washington whom we have elected. One of the oft over looked weaknesses of Democracy is that the majority wins even when the majority elects leaders who act to the detriment of our city, county, state, and national government.

fcarroll 1 year, 1 month ago

I am not a fool and i voted for both the Bush's, i guess you fools that voted for the current fool in the white house is happy with what he is doing to the country? I did not vote for him so i guess that proves i am no fool.

TRUTH101 1 year, 1 month ago

I am not a fool and I voted for Obama, nor do I look for hand outs ( more than likely I pay more in taxes than the average person always complaining about hand outs).... I guess we should all stop generalizing voters.......

Somebody 1 year, 1 month ago

If you voted for Obama, you're a fool.

bubbavet 1 year, 1 month ago

They need to put a shock collar on you and every time you lied,which is every time you opened your mouth it would shock the crap out of you. You are a fool both times you voted for that fool.

gladileftalbany 1 year, 1 month ago

Is this the bash people who voted for Obama blog? I'm sure you 2 clowns voted for Bush 1 and 2. Stick to the topic....

VSU 1 year, 1 month ago

You are not sticking to the topic, why should they?

Somebody 1 year, 1 month ago

Yes I did vote for the Bushes, what about it? I'd rather have 8 more years of Bush than that clown we have in there now.

GG126 1 year, 1 month ago

Then you are also a fool! Bushes???? Shrubbery????

WTFwtf 1 year, 1 month ago

Why vote at all? I thought everything is determined by gods will? See how silly that sounds

Bulldawg 1 year, 1 month ago

No, what's silly is people who complain about things but choose not to vote largely because of their ignorance of how this country's electoral system works. Americans should do their civic duty and vote in every election. People say you can't out vote stupid, but we can sure try.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 1 month ago

What is silly is that you think you are better than those of us who believe in a higher power. That is silly. We don't try to insult you for being a non-believer. We, or at least I, pray for you.

Sally_O 1 year, 1 month ago

WTFwtf is a total idiot. He said I was stupid because my brother-in-law owned two pit bulls. How does my brother-in-law owning pit bulls make me stupid? I have nothing to do with it. Now he is saying people should not vote. Like I said WTFwtf is a total complete idiot.

erudite 1 year, 1 month ago

Do you all have ADD? You have the attention span of a gnat. The squawk is about local politics.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 1 month ago

We let the Troll change the subject of the posts. shm.

GG126 1 year, 1 month ago

And you followed the troll......

Jimboob 1 year, 1 month ago

On the internet you can be anything you want... It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

TRUTH101 1 year, 1 month ago

I find it funny how so many turn in to Mr. Billybad@$$......I often wonder how many would be willing to make the same comments they make on here in person........

Bulldawg 1 year, 1 month ago

I will be happy to make these comments in person. I would even make simple so they would understand. I mean everything that I type here or say in person.

Somebody 1 year, 1 month ago

I was in a restaurant several months ago and this dude was running his mouth saying he'd kick anybody's ass that said anything bad about Obama. I told him Obama was as dumb as dirt. He said, yeah? come over and say that to my face. I got up and brought over a chair. He asked what's the chair for? I said, well you said for me to come say that to your face, so I brought you a chair to stand on so I could say it to your face. He walked away without doing anything. I wasn't gonna do anything, I just wanted to say Obama is as dumb as dirt to his face.

RedEric 1 year, 1 month ago

I like the ineptocracy definition. Welfare people by definition are incapable of taking care of themselves. They are totally dependent on the government for their basic needs and like all people they want more than their basic needs. This means the government must take more from the producers to give gifts above basic needs to the dependent. The producers on the edge give up and become government dependent. This situation our city and country find ourselves in is the result. Our government is chosen by non producers who hold producers in contempt. This usually results in collapse of that society....I.e. a good thing.

FryarTuk 1 year, 1 month ago

We've moved beyond the Murf (I know it's a painful memory). Cutliffe Grove is a different chore. Frankly with the city commission I just don't see any hope. But I will admit, that I was despondent about DCSS so let's keep the embers of positive change stoked. ( James Taylor and Paul Forgey are bright spots.)

chinaberry25 1 year, 1 month ago

It is called The Peter Principal. One thing they all have in common is they know how to play the system in order to pad their pocketbooks and their cronies. Of course when you have spent you lifetime using the system from birth to grave it comes natural and conscience never enters your mind. Another one comes to mind is Sanford Bishop.

gladileftalbany 1 year, 1 month ago

Who is "they" you speak of?? Please elaborate...

Bulldawg 1 year, 1 month ago

"They" are the people that play the system. It's called looking out for number one.

erudite 1 year, 1 month ago

Ah, no. It is called the Peter Principle. The concept is to promote those at the bottom who are so inept that they keep messing things up. Get them off the floor, let those who know how to work work, and promote the morons to the top.

LMAO 1 year, 1 month ago

Mickey Mouse would have been the best choice

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 1 month ago

The Cutliff Grove debacle is the direct result of electing unqualified leaders. Remember that fact when Chris the “Piker” announces he is running for re-election. He is claiming he has the full support of his constitutes despite the facts he does not know how to successfully run a business or balance his own check book. Explains a lot when people like Cutliff Grove hold Pike out to be their role model. The “Piker" cared less about paying his BAD debit even when taken to court, so why should people like Cutliff Grove think they should repay money they owe?

trudy2 1 year, 1 month ago

One could perceive when reading the comments here that the citizens of Albany have yet to turn the page's of time or may be just ignorant to all the facts of modern day.

Broken_to_bits 1 year, 1 month ago

No just the reality of living in the "Good Life City"

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 1 month ago

So Enlighten. Share your modern day facts and show the next page.