Squawk of the Day - March 19, 2013

"Your notion that because bicycle riders own a motor vehicle and pay insurance and taxes on them entitles you to ride on roads is like saying because you pay income taxes you should live in the White House. Your comparison to the damage a bike produces is like a gunshot wound and a knife wound. The gun is more powerful, but a knife can kill also. Legislators should think about that."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

This ome is so nonsensical that bubbasmithredneck musta wrote it!

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

I am sorry but I don't understand this....

Bulldawg 1 year, 9 months ago

The squaker must be off of their medication. The argument makes no sense. Talk about comparing apples to oranges.

beenhereawhile 1 year, 9 months ago

Also, how did this get chosen as the squawk of the day????

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

They're picking sucky Squawks in hopes to pump on the Blight Slide readership.

JST 1 year, 9 months ago

"Get on your bikes and ride" (Queen: Fat Bottomed Girls)

By the way squawker, when the drugs wear off and the alcohol sweats out of your system try to think about more philisophical things beside the relationship of riding a bike to killing people with guns and knives versus paying taxes on your property.

Where did you wake up this morning?

Racc 1 year, 9 months ago

So if we have a bike, does this mean we have to get insurance and a tag for it??? Aint nobody got time for this!!!!

LoneCycler 1 year, 9 months ago

It’s my guess the squawker is saying cyclists should be not entitled to ride on roads and that bicycles present the same danger to the general public that edged weapons do. It’s a bit kooky but you get that a lot in Albany. Let’s forget about the drive by gang shootings, the growing debt and taxation rates, the under performing education system and the increasing incompetence of our public officials to solve any of these problems. We need to have them focus instead on the real menace to society: bicyclists on public roadways.

GeeGee 1 year, 9 months ago

I do not think that cyclists show be given the right of way. They seem to want to take it. I was going to GSW and there is a 4 way stop for all to stop. I was good to go and this Japanese cyclist just cruised right thru and never stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. I was first, not him. This seems to be the attitude of bikers, even though they are not always in the right. My feelings are they have a lot more to lose because they do not carry insurance. And if they do damage to your car, and the car is in the right who pays for that?

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

I guess they are saying you should not be allowed to ride bikes in the streets, and saying that a bike does not produce as much damage as a car would. Sounds like a flip flop squawk to me. On one side it is anti bike and on the other side it is Pro bike.

Bulldawg 1 year, 9 months ago

Cant we all just get along? ;)

jglass 1 year, 9 months ago

What about all of the J walkers around? Heck they just walk right out in front of you and dare you to hit them. Heaven forbid they go to the red lights and walk at the pedistrian areas....................they still walk when the flashing light says to STOP!!!

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

I know who this squawker is. He worked as one of the ward captains for Mitten's presidential campaign. I'd recognize him anywhere.