Squawk of the Day - March 27, 2013

"I am not a Southerner, so please explain what half-raised means. I do, however, understand what half-wit means."

Comments

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

IT MEANS YOUR MAMA AND DADDY DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB.

dingleberry 1 year, 7 months ago

Well, then you are half-way there!

LoneCycler 1 year, 7 months ago

Half-raised: a young man or woman who knows how to use "yes, sir" and "yes, ma'am" in conversations but still sits down to eat wearing a ball cap or other kind of hat on their head.

dickyboy 1 year, 7 months ago

Half raised by the federal government and half raised by the state government...

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

An individual lacking in certain social characteristics because they weren't raised the way you were.

GeeGee 1 year, 7 months ago

Someone who was jerked up right.

bigbob 1 year, 7 months ago

About the same as half a$$ed.

FryarTuk 1 year, 7 months ago

Great squawk! Good selection. My mama and grand mama always used the term "raised right". If a boy got a whipping for messing up in school or Sunday School, it was because he was being "raised right!" I suppose if he had just got a scolding they would say he was being half raised right. The comments by the readers are really enjoyable.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 7 months ago

I agree, I needed these comments today! Here, here to the SOTD Selector!

Jimboob 1 year, 7 months ago

The final authority (Sister Ruby) has not spoken... Yet

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Sorry to keep you all waiting for the answer. My neices are visiting me from Newark New Jersey and I have been busy taking them all over Albany to see the sights.

The answer is I never heard the phrase half raised. But I do see alot of dumb crackahs in restaurants with they ball cap on. I just figure most of them are from Lee County so they don't know no better.

jglass 1 year, 7 months ago

Love these responses. Funny how our language is so different than in other areas of the U.S. Just gotta LOVE the South!!!! I am a true southerner and I really do spout out our language!!!

VSU 1 year, 7 months ago

So would that mean they were brought up halfway right or halfway wrong?

WTFwtf 1 year, 7 months ago

Its what i see when i look down in the morning after waking up.

jglass 1 year, 7 months ago

VSU, is the cup half full or half empty? DRTexas, I agree with you "yes"!!!

VSU 1 year, 7 months ago

That question must have been way over your head, and it wasn't a yes or no question. I guess you and Dr. Texas just don't understand the sarcasm of the question. Lighten up, take a chill pill, relax, calm down, keep your pants on, golly gee.

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

Being a transplanted Yankee, I love the South and the sayings they have. I used to work with a fella, born and raised in SoWeGa....who used to come in to work and say "ain't it airish this morning?" Had to have someone interpret it for me....meant is was windy and chilly, (according to the interpreter).