Ole Miss coach to speak at Sherwood on Easter Day

ALBANY, Ga. — University of Mississippi Football Coach Hugh Freeze is scheduled to be the guest speaker at the Easter morning worship service at Sherwood Baptist Church.

The Ole Miss Rebels head coach will speak at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday in the Worship Center at Sherwood. The speech is open to the public. In addition to being the head coach at Ole Miss, Freeze gained national attention as the high school coach of Michael Oher who was portrayed in the movie ‘The Blind Side.”

Freeze also excelled this past recruiting season by attracting what some analysts consider the top college football freshman class to Ole Miss for next season.

Freeze is a noted speaker, recruiter and motivator. He led his team to a bowl appearance in his first season at the University of Mississippi in 2012. Inheriting a team that won just two games in 2011 and lost 14 straight Southeastern Conference games, Freeze led Ole Miss to seven wins in 2012, including three SEC victories, and the team’s first bowl berth since 2009.

A Mississippi native, Freeze, 43, and his wife, Jill, are the parents of three daughters, Ragan, Jordan, and Madison.

Sherwood Baptist Church is located at 2201 Whispering Pines Road in Albany. For more information about Sherwood Baptist Church, call (229) 883-1910 or visit www.sherwoodbaptist.net.

Comments

rightasrain 1 year ago

Easter Day? Has the Herald's editors become so liberal and antichristian that they now identify our Lord's resurrection as Easter Day instead of Easter Sunday? Pathetic.

J.D._Sumner 1 year ago

Judging by the majority of your comments, I'm not so sure you know what it means to be a Christian...

rightasrain 1 year ago

I'm happy to observe that you obviously do.

J.D._Sumner 1 year ago

I try and ultimately fall short, but my journey is bringing me closer to Christ. I try daily to follow John 13: 34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Sister_Ruby 1 year ago

Does everybody working at the Herald attend Sherwood? It sure seems like it. Nobody wants to investigate the movie income and outgo.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

Hey rightasrain,your comment was definately not right as rain.

beenhereawhile 1 year ago

In a print newspaper, the more letters there are in the title, the smaller the font will be. I don't think there is anything wrong with calling it Easter Day. At least they called it Easter

rightasrain 1 year ago

Concession in the logic you present about the font. That's obviously why I am not the editor; I, like so many others before and after me just have the opportunity to stir up the emotions of some through the Squawk Box. After all, that's what it's all about.

rightasrain 1 year ago

Would you care to elucidate? If one takes an opposing stance, one usually defends their position; otherwise, they just bloviate into the wind.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

Rightasrain, you seem to be in a bit of an embroglio with beenhereawhile. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year ago

Bickering over the verbiage used in an Easter article?

C'mon, man!

FryarTuk 1 year ago

Coach Hugh Freeze is a great speaker. He had a damn good recruiting season this year and he is going to have an impact in the SEC and if he keeps up the fine recruiting the impact will be greater than we UGA supporters like. He is a fine man and people who attend the service are in for a treat.