Squawk of the Day - March 29, 2013

"Half-raised is pretty simple. You attack, call names and make fun of anyone who disagrees with your position whether it truth based on fact or just something you heard that you want to believe."

Squawks are submitted by the public and are not necessarily the opinions of The Albany Herald.

Comments

MRKIA 1 year ago

HAS THE SQUAWKER EVER DONE ANY OF THESE THINGS?

Pappa 1 year ago

In other words, a liberal.

LoneCycler 1 year ago

Sounds to me like someone got their feelings hurt by being called half-raised.

LuLu 1 year ago

It's in response to a Squawk in yesterday's paper. Someone said they didn't know what half-raised means, although he knew what half-wit means. Now what THAT Squawker was referring to, I don't know. But, yes, in other words,, a Liberal.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

I think the squaker is talking about himself or herself. I would think that "half-raised" means someone who is devoid of manners and people skills. In other words, an idiot who has no cooth. Sorry if I used too many high school vocabulary words, because the squaker may not understand my comment.

erudite 1 year ago

Since Lulu's and Pappa's posts are attacking, I guess they fit the half raised description. You are on the money Bulldawg--you certainly used high school level spelling.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

What would college level spelling be? Now, who is acting "half raised?"

VSU 1 year ago

Sounds like you are being attacked Bulldawg.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

That's what I was thinking. I guess I should type slower next time to avoid spelling errors.

erudite 1 year ago

How do you figure I attacked you? I merely pointed out that the spelling errors were reminiscent of high schooler's spelling, that's all. If your intent was to use the misspellings, inform the reader of your intent so assumptions are not made.

This is where 'attack' comes in; if I provide facts, you claim attack. that is the meat of this entire squawk. Whenever anyone provides facts, the other side claims attack.

Every question of something is NOT an attack!! It is just a frigging question!

VSU 1 year ago

Here is a fact, you mispelled religion on another post, but Bulldawg didn't go in there and attack you for it.

erudite 1 year ago

If Bulldawg had pointed it out, I would not have felt attacked! I also did not capitalize the t in my second sentence of my second paragraph in the previous post.

My ego is not so fragile that I cannot be accused and be found guilty of errors; hell, moving here was the biggest error of my life so far and I have made some big errors in the past.

VSU 1 year ago

I am just kidding with you erudite, I mispell words, and in all fairness, just because one has a letter missing doesn't mean they can't spell. Sometimes one just hits the wrong key by mistake or thought they hit the right key. It happens!

Sister_Ruby 1 year ago

Half-raised? I never ever heard anyone use the term so there is not context for me.

Half-assed, now I've both heard and seen that and it describes alot of what goes on in this country.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

Right on, Sister Ruby.

erudite 1 year ago

Isn't your butt half-raised out of your chair? Sorry, you left the opportunity out there.....

BTW: did my insurance pay for that chair?

Sister_Ruby 1 year ago

What's wrong erudite, can't take a little constructive criticism? You little wuss!

erudite 1 year ago

What constructive criticism? Are you referencing your post about my face and your butt? I didn't take it down; I thought you did!! Hell, I'll take constructive criticism anytime; negative criticism too as that gives me something to which I can debate!

WJReady 1 year ago

I, being one of above intellect cannot understand a thing you guy's are saying much less the meaning. Being from the South, as in Agony, I truly do not understand why any of you are still there. I guess to take shots at each other, be extremely boring and dumbfounded... I read the squawk, which makes no sense, to feel the Albeny Vibe...

RedEric 1 year ago

Said Albany's leading member of Mensa.

MRKIA 1 year ago

THAT ONE MIGHT HAVE GONE OVER HIS HEAD.

MRKIA 1 year ago

WAIL UNTIL YOU ARE OFF YOUR MEDS BEFORE YOU COMMENT. OH AND WHAT INTELLECT ARE YOU ABOVE?

MRKIA 1 year ago

YOU MEANT HIGHER INTELLECT.