Smallcakes franchise coming to Albany

SmallCakes, a cupcakery franchise coming to Albany this summer, July will be located on the 2800 block of Old Dawson Road.

ALBANY, Ga. -- Oh how sweet it is.

Lindsay and Brian Bridges are hoping to turn their confectionary cravings into a sweet business venture.

The couple is planning to open SmallCakes, a cupcakery franchise of the budding Texas-based chain, this summer in the Summitt Shopping Plaza on the 2800 block of Old Dawson Road.

"Husband and I had been wanting to franchise something and we saw on Facebook that SmallCakes was opening in Valdosta and we thought, 'well there isn't a place in Albany does cupcakes," Lindsay Bridges said. "We hope we have the same success that they have."

With 15 signature flavors done every day, SmallCakes is the creation of Jeff and Brandy Martin. When the company got a plug on "The View" and Food Network's "Cupcake Wars," franchises began popping up across the country.

Lindsay, who currently works as a nurse, and Brian, who owns another business, liked the company and the idea that the products are made fresh on site.

"Everything is made fresh everyday. There's no frozen and warmed up cakes here," Lindsay says.

If successful, Lindsay and Brian have longterm plans of opening up other locations in the region.

The Albany store will be the fifth store in Georgia to open.

You can find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SmallcakesACupcakeryAlbanyGa

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year ago

Just be sure to set up to take EBT cards and you might make it.

GeeGee 1 year ago

Good luck on your venture, Do not be like the donut place who was never open at night and weekends. You MUST have a timeline that will work around folks schedule. Bankers hours usually does not work for a bakery.

jglass 1 year ago

I am so excited about this place opening!!! I cannot wait!! I love cupcakes and I love GOOD flavors. There is nothing like this in our area.......................I am glad that something new and GOOD is coming to our area!!! GeeGee, I am quite sure you CANNOT compare them to that donut shop nor the hours of that donut shop.

GeeGee 1 year ago

You do know the one by Wild Buffalo was never open hours you could buy them.

dsgb19us 1 year ago

Ya'll are late. Cakoliscious has been open for a while in the Brooks Plaza. Red velvet cupcakes are # 1. I hope this small cakes place got there ducks in a row. Cuz they probably don't even know how to bake, they just following instructions from the franchise.

VSU 1 year ago

Duh, that would be like saying that a McDonald's or Burger King franchise opened up, they didn't know how to cook hamburgers, but they just followed the instructions from the franchise.

jglass 1 year ago

We are not late! I know Cakoliscious is in Brooks Plaza, but that is not on my beaten path. I certainly hope they are doing well!!! We just need good things in Albany, because it is really lacking!!! Oh, and I hope that someone opening a bakery would know how to bake!!!!

FryarTuk 1 year ago

Please make strawberry cream cup cakes with real cream icing. I'll keep those ovens warm for you.

Beth 1 year ago

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this place stays. Their location is fabulous for their product. I'll be dumping some cash here without a doubt.