Squawk of the day - May 6, 2013

"I had a lawnmower stolen from my back porch. I was going to call the police, but was afraid I would be the one arrested. If an owner of a business can get arrested for protecting his customers from thugs, anything is possible."

Comments

dickyboy 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Come on....Apples and Oranges....

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Squawker, your sardonic comment reeks of ignorance.

Bulldawg 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Sardonic, that's a good word, Sherwood. I doubt the squawker would know what it means, however. Who keeps their lawnmower on the back porch anyways.

VSU 11 months, 3 weeks ago

The same people that leave their purses, guns and wallets in unlocked cars for people to steal.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I highly doubt this supposed lawn mower theft occurred. It seems more likely that the squawker is just trying to stir up something. I agree, who would keep a lawn mower on a back porch?

chinaberry25 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I can attest to the cops. Not about the arrests, but they will do nothing. They will not fingerprint and if you cannot prove the criminals were ever there, they will do nothing. Put the mowers photo on Facebook if you have photos. Do not expect much. Go to the housing projects on Madison or close to where you live and post a $50 reward on the dumpsters. I did that years ago on my son's bike. I had it back before the sun set.

waltspecht 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Just how dumb are you? Or should I say just how dumb do you think the Readers are? While full well realizing you are trying to make a point about AJ"s, you sure hit wide of the mark. Now if your growing the wrong kind of grass, or in possession of it, you probably shouldn't call the Police. Although there have been several other fools that did and got arrested. I guess no one ever said a user was bright.

Bulldawg 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Good point, Walt. The squawker is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

VSU 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I don't know Bulldawg, if the so called victim did have weed or drugs, he learned from the other idiots who called police and got arrested themselves, so by him/her not calling police, the squawker may not be as dumb as you think.

Although I still doubt the incident really happened.

trudy2 11 months, 3 weeks ago

No mention of "grass" in the article, so why mention it ?

VSU 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Funny how squawkers try to keep old news burning, just like the same old tired squawks about Obama and the school system. What can be said, that hasn't been said 100 times before? Just like the jail report, same old squawkers making the same old comments about peoples names. Sometimes reading the squawks and comments are like watching summer reruns over and over.

Just like the squawker who wrote this squawk. I bet dollars to doughnuts, he or she didn't even have their lawnmower stolen, just wanted to stir the pot back up on yesterdays news.

Amazed2 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I seen a red one with a black motor on Slappey.

gladileftalbany 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I keep my lawnmower on my back porch. Oh wait you guys are in Awlbinnny. I know it would be hard for you people to fathom that in some parts of the country you can leave your door unlocked...all the time..even at night!!

VSU 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Or least we used to until your bro's changed all that, by breaking into houses and stealing things because they were too sorry and lazy to work to earn things for themselves..

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months, 3 weeks ago

You keep your lawn mower on the back porch?

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 3 weeks ago

One thing's for sure....whoever stole it will certainly not be caught using it.