APD responds to armed robberies

ALBANY -- Two armed robberies occurred in different parts of the city within an hour of each other early Sunday morning, Albany Police Department reports show.

The first incident took place at around 4:20 a.m. on the 1600 block of Clark Avenue. Responding officers with the APD made contact with Clausell Mallory Jr., 55, in the 200 block of Flint Avenue, who reported that the suspects approached him while he was walking in the 1600 block of Clark Avenue and robbed him at gunpoint, taking cash, police said.

The suspects were described as four unknown males, armed with two handguns.

A short time later, between 5 a.m.-5:17 a.m., another armed robbery took place at 601 Corn Ave., reports show.

Officers with the APD made contact with Henry Williams, 63, who told officers he had allowed the suspects into his residence after they had knocked on his front door. Once they were inside, they robbed him at gunpoint of cash and then fled the scene on foot, police said.

The suspects were described as two unknown males armed with at least one handgun.

Phyllis Banks, spokeswoman for the APD, said that no injuries were reported during the course of these two incidents. Both cases were forwarded to the APD Criminal Investigations Bureau.

Those with information on these cases can call the anonymous tipline Crime Stoppers at (229) 436-TIPS (8477). Those who call in can become eligible for cash rewards.

Comments

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 4 months ago

Between 2 am and 8 am I am in my bed with doors locked, security system armed, and a hog-nose and a shot gun within reach of my twitchy, sweaty fingers.

waltspecht 1 year, 4 months ago

Do you think a Hognose snake will work? The way I have seen folks act around one, you might have something there. Or did you mean Hogleg?

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 4 months ago

Yeah I got one of them too. All that.

erock 1 year, 4 months ago

I wish Paul Harvey was still alive. I'd love to hear "the rest of the story. " So what, you got robbed. I'm sure you've probably pulled a robbery once or twice yourself. You got caught slipping. I bet they got more than money from you, but that probably slipped your mind when the police took your statement.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 1 year, 4 months ago

I always have a Glock .45 near me when I am out of the house. I have a Mossburg 500 homedefense shotgun by my bed when I am asleep. Both are loaded and ready (no safety on the glock). But yet I am sometimes called a paranoid gun freak. All I need to do is point to the Albany Herald as proof that we live in the wild west. If you think your alarm system is all you need to protect you from harm then you are simply a fool in my book.

rosaharris 1 year, 4 months ago

Albany has very little crime. I don't worry that much here. I still keep a couple guns but it's hardly the wild west here. I lived in a place in Atlanta that had a high crime rate. That was different. We had our car window shot out, a man shot behind the apartment, a woman shot in the head at the corner, the man that owned the corner store was shot in the leg, a kid was stabbed 12 times.. that's just the major thing... a robbery is no big deal. You get over it.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 1 year, 4 months ago

I moved from north Atlanta (Marietta). IMO Albany is worse, but I guess that is all based on perspective. Two weeks after the move there was two women shot, not killed, right down the road from me. Since then it has been a weekly occurance of violence and theft. Oh and not to mention the corruption within the government and schools.... which also happens in ATL. All in all.... Atlanta and Albany have a common denominator. Let's see if you can guess what that is....

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 1 year, 4 months ago

oh and being robbed at gun point is a VERY big deal to me.

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

Why would someone answer the door at 5 in the morning and let strangers in the house?

Parent 1 year, 4 months ago

Never understood why people do that. If someone comes to my house unannounced at 5 in the morining, they will wish they hadn't!