Phillips postpones tour dates on doctor's orders

Phillip Phillips

Phillip Phillips

LOS ANGELES — Leesburg native and former “American Idol” winner Phillip Phillips is postponing the remaining shows on his current tour due to medical reasons.

Phillips posted Monday on his Facebook page that, because of doctor’s orders, he was going to have to forego the remaining dates on his current tour.

“Hey guys, due to doctor’s orders I have to postpone my last few tour dates. They will be rescheduled! Looking forward to seeing you all on on the John Mayer tour this summer!,” Phillips posted.

According to his website, Phillips’ tour was to end May 17 in Newark, Ohio. The postponements will impact eight shows.

Phillips had to overcome one medical issue — kidney stones — during his stint on “American Idol” to eventually claim his prize as last season’s winner.

The “Home” star reportedly has had to take some time off to deal with exhaustion and dehydration, although he has hasn’t stated publicly what the ailment is that caused the interruption in the concert tour.

Comments

Brother_Love 1 year, 2 months ago

Who care? Probably do those fans a favor. He be better off cancelling his singing career since he can't sing anyway.

bigbob 1 year, 2 months ago

Leave him alone brother, he's just another white man working to support your lazy a--.

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 2 months ago

WORD, bigbob!! HaHaHaHaHa !! !! !! !! !!

ZCorp 1 year, 2 months ago

What have YOU accomplished ? Jesus is God. Watching every move. Do not judge. He spent years practicing for his Dream, what have you practiced to build a Dream ? Learn from his example. Do you not dream at night anymore or is your heart and soul so burned by anger, hate, & external bliss ? I will pray for you Sir, oh yes, I will pray ! Learn something in life to make your soul happy, and not full of anger. Good Day Sir.

jglass 1 year, 2 months ago

Just because you may not like him, doesn't mean he is not a great performer. If we all liked the same thing, this would be a very dull world.

Brother_Love 1 year, 2 months ago

Ain't got nothing to do with liking or disliking, bottom line is the dude can't sing, anyone of those top 24 were better singers than he was, only reason he won is you got some fools voting 300,000 times for him stuffing the ballots. I bet if they only counted one vote for phone number, Phillips don't come close to winning. Just because Tyler and J-Lo loved him don't mean nothing, she loved everyone up there, she too nice a lady to tell them they suck.

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 2 months ago

That's why it's called American Idol.

VietVet1 1 year, 2 months ago

Kinda like all those fools that voted Obama multiple times - - and see what you got!

Brother_Love 1 year, 2 months ago

The best president in the history of the United States is what we got.

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 2 months ago

And a few million mindless minions who can't see past the color of His skin.

ilovealbany 1 year, 2 months ago

brother love or honkey hate?? Show some love my brother!

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

How true, jglass, how true. We all have individual taste in music. I have 3 granddaughters and one lovessssssss Kanye West, who I think is a terrible performer. One is a concert groupie who will go to any concert within a 5 hour drive of her home, which includes Atlanta so she has spent 2012 and this year going to concerts. The third one doesn't have time for music, as she is career oriented. As far as Phillip's problem, I hope kidney stones are not giving him a hard time again. I know how bad that can be...I birthed 8 of them in 2012.....worse than having babies.

J.D._Sumner 1 year, 2 months ago

SHEESH!! Eight kidney stones...you deserve a medal...and a water softener.

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

hahahaha......I have 3 different water filtration systems on my water supply. So far I have enough stones for a lovely ring and a necklace. Oh and btw, the 8 were only in 2012...so far this year I am the proud mother of a total of 2 more to add to my brood.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 2 months ago

I might have to get tickets to see John Mayer with p² as the opening act.

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 2 months ago

Wouldn't that be like Pete and Re-Pete?

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 2 months ago

Please don't compare p² to John Mayer :)

Brother_Love 1 year, 2 months ago

You right as rain, there is no comparison. Mayer could sing circles around that no talent Phillips dude. Mayer okay in my book, if I saw that concert, I make sure I'm late getting in so i don't have to bore myself to tears listening to Phillips croking voice.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

Brother Love, why do you hate Phillip Phillips so much? Did you get a raw deal at his dad's Pawn shop or something? You seem to have a grudge or personall vendetta against him.

jglass 1 year, 2 months ago

agirl_25............all I can say is WOW!!!!!

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

hahahahahhhaha...Fryar said it was TMI....hahahahahahaha

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 2 months ago

Not sexy at ALL!

name agirl_25: sexy necklace of kidney stones: NOT SEXY!

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

Phillips not only has talent he has character, intelligence and class. If you remember when he was in the competition he offered quite a bit of support to the other performers. The verbal interactions with the show's hosts demonstrated a fairly sophisticated and charming wit all of which makes this guy a winner. Some people just resent it and the inability to connect on the level of an achiever often brings out bile which is evidently the case on this thread.

WJReady 1 year, 2 months ago

The kid is cool, although I would not want my nickname to be PEE PEE. With that said he did WIN against alot of odds and represents your area. OK, now He does have talent and will be extremely wealthy at a very young age, hope he knows how to handle the money and fame it brings... Lastly, SW GA be proud of what happened and quit treating this as a racial issue or contest on who is right or wrong. The Kid won and great for him. Not one person on this blog could hold a candle to him on that stage in front of the audience and judges. Way to Go Phillip........

UP YOUR IRONS!!!! Definitely not a Country thang...

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

Yes, I am proud for Phillip. It is funny, but you would be surprised at the number of my friends from all over the US (husband spent 20+ years in the military so we have a trail of friends) who ask me about him..hahaha...knowing I am in SoWeGa. I tell them the area has produced 2 other fine young men, another singer and a talented sports figure. Seems he is doing OK, doesn't it? I wish him much future success.

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

whatagirl, that is an interesting comment. I once called on an Arkansas lady to sell our products and learning I was from Georgia she asked me if I knew Alan Jackson. Well, not wanting to outright lie nor miss a good opening I replied, " Well, you know he's from just up the road a piece and he love's his momma and them." She broke an incredible grin and exclaimed, "That boy knows how to wear a pair of blue jeans!" It was the best sell of the month.

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

Yes Fryar, people assume just because you are from an area you know someone....but I must say someone in my family (husband's brother-in-law) is from Newnan and did know him when he was younger long before he got so famous. It makes me giggle tho when people do that. Hey, good way to sell your goods too, huh?

sowegap 1 year, 2 months ago

First of all, I am black and I like Phillip Phillips. I think he is a talented young man and he has his own style. Just because one doesn't like it doesn't make him no less talented. I don't like Beyonce and I have never acquired a taste for Frankie Beverly, but those are my personal opinions and taste. I am quite sure that there is someone in this world that did was not an Elvis, James Brown, Conway Twitty, or Beach Boy fan, but once again, that is personal preference. And I grew up listening to all types of music, R&B, Blues, County, Bluegrass, Rock, ect....

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

You said it sowegap.....it is personal preference!! Nothing more, nothing less.

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

" I am quite sure that there is someone in this world that was not an Elvis, James Brown, Conway Twitty, or Beach Boy fan . . . . " Nahh not a chance.

Did you happen to see James Brown with Luciano Pavarotti? Joint performance of "It's a man's world". Go on youtube and listen/watch.

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

I love every one of those recordings on which Pavarotti collaborated with other artists. I get them off YouTube and covert them to MP3s and have a huge collection. If you get a chance you should listen to Donna Summer singing with Seal. Outstanding job!!

And PS, Fryar, I did not like the Beach Boys...sorry.

ZCorp 1 year, 2 months ago

I hope he recovers and feels better. God Bless him

Brother_Love 1 year, 2 months ago

All I saying is not everybody is jumping on the Phillip bandwagon, Jessica Sanchez & Joshua Ledet is 20 times the singer Phillips is. Anybody think Phillips has a great singing voice has a warped taste for music. Those songs he sang, or should I say chopped up on AI was sung so badly you couldn't even recognize the song. If I was Phil Collins I'd sue him for making a mockery of that song in the air tonight and that Stevie Wonder song he did, couldn't even tell it was the same song. I know they encourage making songs your own, but don't change it beyond recognition. Any one of this years AI contestant is better than Phillip. He going down in history as the worst singer of all AI winners. There hasn't been a good winning singer since Fantasia.

VSU 1 year, 2 months ago

Get over it Brother....We can respect the fact you are not a Phillips fan, you have made that clear on more than one occasion, but why not give it a rest and respect the fact that other people don't feel as you do. Of all American Idol winners of the past and contestants all over the country, we have our very own American Idol winner right here in the Albany/Leesburg area. I think that is something special and something all SW Georgians should be proud of, whether you like his style and/or music or not.

jglass 1 year, 2 months ago

Brother_Love......................just a matter of opinion and we are all entitled to our opinions.