Chick-fil-A opening looms

LEESBURG, Ga. — Lee County is less than 24 hours away from opening its first Chick-fil-A.

Store officials officially opened the line for service at 6 a.m. today, a full 24 hours before serving the first chicken biscuit or batch of chicken minis.

To stoke the chicken frenzy, Chick-fil-A is giving the first 100 people through the doors Thursday vouchers for a free meal each week for a year. It’s a marketing move that often turns Chick-fil-A locations into campgrounds as people wait hours for their vouchers.

The location — in the Publix plaza — will give Lee County its first Chick-fil-A store.

The store will be the third Chick-fil-A location in the area for franchisee K.J. Wari, who currently operates the drive-thru only location on Dawson Road and the store inside the Albany Mall.

“Our focus on freshly prepared food and personal customer service is as central to our new restaurant as it was the day Truett opened his first Chick-fil-A location,” Wari said. “That commitment continues for me and my team members at our new Leesburg location where we can’t wait to welcome and serve our guests.”

The new restaurant seats 148 with additional outdoor seating and has an interactive play area for children. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., serving a full breakfast menu until 10:30 a.m.

Comments

beenhereawhile 1 year, 4 months ago

Mr. Wari is a great guy and a great businessman. His Chick-fil-A on Dawson Road is the best one I have ever been to, and he always has the greatest staff. Good luck to him in Lee County!

ZCorp 1 year, 4 months ago

I wish Chick-fil-A and Mr Wari lots of success. Plus they opened 5 minutes from our property in Lee County. Very Nice, like my own personal store. Congrats

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 4 months ago

"Our property........." not your house? Are you claiming Lee County residency to lower your property taxes while living in Dougherty over 50% of the calendar? Don't make me call out the IRS on you!

Plus you sound like that hated segment of the American population (the 1%) which are also hated by Prezz O'Bama.

Jax 1 year, 4 months ago

There is already a line at the door, and the parking lot looks like a tent city. Some people are very committed to their chicken.

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

Hah! Lineing up at the door already? I'm thinking Gee Whiz, it's only chicken, not some big huge concert event. You ain't never had Chick-Fil-A chicken before? Then I read the story and saw where the first 100 people get vouchers for free meals once every week for a year, so that is certainly understandable, but I say more power to them. I am not standing in line for a day to get the free meal, but good luck to the first 100 people that do

Just wonder how many fights will break out claiming their spot?.

VietVet1 1 year, 4 months ago

I doubt you'll see any fights - they have a better clientele