Squawk of the day - May 8, 2013

"Past or present, Philip Phillips has been the best contestant on "American Idol." The second is Amber Holcomb."

Comments

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months, 1 week ago

I like P² as much as the next guy, but I think it is gross overstatement to say he is the best AI contestant. I like his style of music, along with Chris Daughtry and David Cook, but I have a hard time putting him as the "best contestant" (whatever that means.)

chinaberry25 11 months, 1 week ago

I have never seen him sing. Those type of shows are not my thing. I have heard him sing and he has a ways to go, but I do wish him luck. He is still not Luke Bryant.

WJReady 11 months, 1 week ago

Not the Best, as the winner each season is the one VOTED best, you know how that works. Now, certainly not the best looking but the boy does have charm.

To Close, the best as you described him will be determined by his future body of work and real world success beyond the hype of "The Idol".

Personally, I believe he has the gift and talent to be very successful.

FlunkyMonkey 11 months, 1 week ago

Squawker MUST live in Lee County....one of those who called in 1000 votes. In response to the squawk, that is why his cds are now located in the $5 bin at Walmart.

Shinedownfan 11 months, 1 week ago

I have to disagree... Kelly Clarkson was the best, what an amazing voice, and Carrie Underwood is second...

agirl_25 11 months, 1 week ago

Someone said the other day in a blog similar to this one, that it was a matter of choice as far as who or what is the best. Personally I don't care for Pizza Hut pizza because I think it is too greasy. Does that make me a bad person? If you don't like the way Phillip sounds or looks do NOT look at him or play his music. I personally like the Dave Matthews Band and the kid reminds me of him. Is there something wrong with me liking the DMB? Remember what part of the human body that opinions have been compared to....we all have one. I only watched AI because Phillip was a contestant and have not seen it since. I personally prefer the talent on THE VOICE when I want to hear singing.

FryarTuk 11 months, 1 week ago

Dave Matthews likes Phillips too. In fact Matthews humorously said he was going to sign him on to sing in his stead. I like the kid's singing. I also like James Brown, Tony Bennett, Luciano Pavarotti, Leontyne Price, Maria Callas, The Supremes, Sting, The Beetles, Roy Orbison, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Usher Raymond IV, Etta James (especially Etta's Santa Baby. That chick can sing!). In fact the only two singers that I probably do not really like (other than rap singers) are the Chairman of the Board and the Boss. I know, it's just me. A lot of folks really admire them. It's taste, preference.

DebBruner 11 months, 1 week ago

chinaberry25... I like both Phillip and Luke's music.. would love to see them sing together, that would be awesome.. have seen Phillip perform live and his appearance on American Idol didn't show what a Phillip Phillips concert is like... And just for the record it is Luke BRYAN not Bryant..

VSU 11 months, 1 week ago

I personally think Phillips is an okay singer, but not my favorite and by far not the best contestant winner of all time. Certainly one of the friendliest and generous contestants, but not the best singer, but to each his own.

Brother_Love 11 months, 1 week ago

This squawker is either a heavy drinker or smoking too much funny weed. Phillips, best Idol winner of all time, gots to be kidding me. Everybody knows Fantasia was the best Idol winner ever and there hadn't been no good one since her. Joshua Ledet should have won last year, Phillip better past or present, man get out of here.

alleebrin 11 months, 1 week ago

Hey, don't fret about Luke nor Phillip; they have a payday coming! You might worry instead about the fat butt nextdoor who walks around all day with somebody else's music hung on his ears - no encouragement, no plan, no ambition, no future - a sure loser!!

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 1 week ago

Trying to turn the squawkbox in the Bright Side Too

VSU 11 months, 1 week ago

I agree sister, this should have been put on Brightside, only if someone like Brother Love was talking down on Phillips should it have been put on squawkbox, even then it should have been ignored.

MrBottomLine 11 months, 1 week ago

I am the best singer in Agony or Leesbug.......seriously!