Goseer, four DCSS principals to retire

Kenneth Goseer

Kenneth Goseer

ALBANY, Ga. -- Dougherty County School system Assistant Superintendent Kenneth Goseer will retire from the system when his contract expires on June 30, the most prominent departure in what is expected to be a mammoth reworking of the district's administration and teaching staff.

In addition to Goseer, DCSS interim Superintendent Butch Mosely on Thursday said that Martin Luther King Elementary Interim Principal David Adams; Lincoln Magnet Principal Sheryl Holmes; and Magnolia Principal Jackie Fraizer also are retiring.

Mosely said he is recommending changes in principal positions at Albany Middle School (Horace Reid), Robert Cross Middle Magnet (Sammy Pringle) the South Georgia Regional Achievement Center (John I. Davis) and at Alice Coachman Elementary (Pat Victor).

Mosely also confirmed that he will not recommend contract renewals for Dougherty High Principal Jose Roquemore and Monroe High Principal Valerie Thomas. The Superintendent said that he wants to non-renew Albany High Principal Angela Shumate, but because Albany High is a state SIG (School Improvement Grant) school, he first would need the state Department of Education's approval to remove her from that position.

The latter three high school principals and Victor were named the state's 2009 CRCT cheating report and could face the revocation of their teaching certifications by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.

This week, a six-member DCSS panel spent three days interviewing 17 potential high school and middle school principals and assistant principals. Next week, the same panel will begin the process of interviewing elementary school principal candidates.

The Doughrty County School Board will meet Monday evening to consider the retirements in addition to the terminations and reshuffling of the administrative staff of the system's 23 schools.

Employees whose contracts are not renewed must receive notices of non-renewal from the district. The deadline for getting those letters out is May 15.

A non-renewed tenured employee would have 10 days to file a notice of appeal for a hearing before an administrative tribunal.

Comments

TRUTH101 11 months, 2 weeks ago

More like forced out.....He should have never been hired in the first place.....

bigbob 11 months, 2 weeks ago

The DCSS may have a chance after all, hopefully they let the Sheriff clean up alot more before he moves on. This super is the best thing thats happened to Albany in a long time even though he is a temp.

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Better to be retired than fired. Just as long as he's gone.

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Oops!, I meant Better for him to be retired, than to be fired. Not better for us taxwise, but at least he will be gone.

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks Sheriff !! This town's going to be cleaned up in just a few more months. Please don't get in a hurry to hire somebody new!!

It's just too bad these folks are going to be able to continue to leech off the system for the rest of they natural lives.

sad_for_albany 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Sister, That is why I hate the practice of letting someone retire instead of showing them the door. We will continue to pay for it sins for as long as he lives. It cheapens the retirement of everyone else when you let this sort of thing happen.

dingleberry 11 months, 2 weeks ago

If the person is eligible to retire and DCSS decides to fire them, the person is still eligible for retirement and will draw their money. Firing won't cut off retirement pay so let's go the easy route.

KaosinAlbany 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hey, Sister, or Roger Marietta, did you get my message to call me?

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Roger Marietta? Now HotDog says she is Darrel Ealum. Sister can't be everybody. Hee! Hee!

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Apparenly I'm "everybody they hate". Too bad for them. And they just look stupid.

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Come to think of it, one poster said you were the same person as bubbasmithredneck. LOL!

So Sister is Roger, Darrel & bubbasmith wrapped up in one package. LOL!

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Yeah I get around huh?? HAHAHAHAH!!! Peoples crazy.

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Either that or you are multi talented.

hotdog 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I stand by who I say he is.....and I know R. Marietta is not him

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

And you remain totally and completely delusional. You don't even have the gender correct, son!

waltspecht 11 months, 2 weeks ago

The real problem is that the system carried him long enough for him to retire. He should have been long gone, long ago. So the system will now support him till the day he dies, and he never really earned it. He just lead a protected existance at Taxpayer expense, and will continue to do so in retirement.

KaosinAlbany 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Sister, call me and prove to me you are not Roger.

Cartman 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Yeah. Just post your phone number on the internet. Sister will be right along. LOL.

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I'm not calling anybody. You probably just want to get with me and that ain't gone happen. If you don't believe me then it's your mistake but I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be Roger Marietta or any other member of the Albany or Dougherty Commission, Government, or Employee. Take that or leave it.

And don't insult me and I won't call you a name back from here on. K?

ontario1966 11 months, 2 weeks ago

good bye Goseer! You can't leave soon enough! For the sake of DCSS, please leave earlier? Please? Ooh did I forget to say Please again?

KaosinAlbany 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Oh I am sure Sister got my message with my phone number.

Bulldawg 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I can hear the conversation now. Dr. Mosley probably said to Goseer that he has two options: he can retire or be retired. :) This should have happened a long time ago. Now, all of the remaining tax payers get to support him. I wish I could mess up with tax payers money, get protected, and then retire on taxpayers money. As Sister Ruby says, 'It's a great gig if you can get it."

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Some people just know how to do it. It used to be that if you screwed up, you were fired and that was that, nowadays you get rewarded for screwing up with an option to retire.

bubbavet 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Have no fear ASU will hire all of them as consultants. Have mercy on all of us.

Bulldawg 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I wonder what happened to Darryl Sabbs and Dr. Murphree? I wonder if they are ASU "consultants."

agirl_25 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I googled Murpfree and it showed him working at ASU......some kind of an administrator, I think it said. Been a while....since I looked him up tho.

Momof3 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I am a little curious as to why Dr. Pringle from Robert Cross is on this list. As a parent of two Robert Cross students, I must say I have had no issues at all with the school or him. They have always been willing to help or answer any of my necessary questions. Not only that, I think that their test scores across the board have been better than any other middle school, or high school for that matter in Albany. I really like Dr. Pringle and I hope he stays where he is, I guess unless they feel like he could help somewhere else better.

Parent 11 months, 2 weeks ago

They think that some of the other principals such as Dr. Pringle could help out at other schools. That is what they mean by shaking up things with the administration. I also heard they may send Mr. Chunn (Westover) to Dougherty High.

TRUTH101 11 months, 2 weeks ago

If he is truly that good, send him to where he is needed. It is easy to hang your hat on high scores when you have higher quality students. Same can be said for Chunn.........Lets see how they do at title 1 school........

chinaberry25 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Westover did awful this year and do not put any accolades on Chunn.

hotdog 11 months, 2 weeks ago

if that is the case its easy hang your hat on low test scores if you have a lower socio economic group of students....

Momof3 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I guess I understand that but my issue is who do you put there in his place? If the school is running fine now, which it is, why take the chance on messing it up with someone else. Eh... I'll just pray on it and hope they make the best decisions for all of the schools.

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Has Sheriff Mosely asked folks to "show some love?". That's what we are used to.

BettyBowTie 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Thank God for Butch Mosely! Clearly a man with a good head on his shoulders.

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Sheriff Mosely is doing what Whatley COULDN'T DO due to the unholy 4/3 block vote alliance during her tenure...........what Murfree WOULDN'T DO just from sheer stupidity and incompetence. God Bless You, Sheriff Mosely!! YOU DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND LET THE LAWYERS COME BEHIND AND FUDDLE IT ALL UP.

Shinedownfan 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I love your God-given wisdom! You are so right!

MRKIA 11 months, 2 weeks ago

WHERE ARE BUBBAVET_RU AND COACH JOHNSON? TWO BIG TIME MURFREE CHEERLEADERS. TOLD YOU THIS DAY WAY COMING. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST DCSS STUDENTS SHALL PROSPER, TO BORROW THE CLASSIC FALLBACK PHRASE.

VSU 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Shhhhhh! Don't wake him up! He's semi retired.

DRTexas 11 months, 2 weeks ago

He's setting up his retirement stuff.

Roxie 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Principle Sheryl Holmes of Lincoln Elementary should have been fired not retired. she let my son be bullied on for six months. after 2 months we went to her, but she was at a meeting. the Secretary said principle Holmes would call back and she never did.we repeatedly told her and the vice principle and nothing happened we went to her again, and she said we cursed her out when that never happened.and she did nothing about the bullies. we took our son out of Lincoln Elementary.I HOPE YOU READ THIS MISS HOLMES!

straightface 11 months, 2 weeks ago

you should have been took your son out if that was really the case.. what parent lets there child be bullied for six months.

Roxie 11 months, 2 weeks ago

• List item

Ihope4albany 11 months, 2 weeks ago

It amazes me how the tenure of Sally Whatley that undoubtedly allowed much of what appears to be not so good behavior to occur. She never gets any blame. It seems like short memories or no memories abound.

Still, I hope that the deeply rooted causes of the educational system's lack of performance will be addressed: Since 1954, this country in so many words said, it will not fairly educate black children. When integration occurred, the educational system shut down. And that has borne out around the country, not just here in DCSS land.

One day.....

RedEric 11 months, 2 weeks ago

What BS. Black children have more opportunity than white children due to preferences imposed to compensate for past wrongs done to black people be DEMOCRATS. At what church did you learn that line of crap?

Ihope4albany 11 months, 2 weeks ago

You do the math RedEric. Your stats are wrong. What country do you live in?

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

And you just keep on with your making of excuses...........on and on and on. It's pretty pathetic, really.

RedEric 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I have three years of engineering math plus one year of statistics and I live in what used to be the United States. You cannot solve a problem unless you deal in the truth. The hardest part of solving a problem is finding the truth. I told the truth!

erock 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Someone in the DCSS must be doing something right. To have four principles decide to retire at the same time, is not a coincidence. They are tightening the screws and shaking things up. It's my belief that they were asked to retire, or face investigations which could ultimately bring about criminal charges. Keep up the good work. I believe we will probably see several more resignations in the months to come. They should not be allowed to work in any school system ever again as a condition of their resignation.

FryarTuk 11 months, 2 weeks ago

The curtain has risen on Act I. It will be interesting to see this through to conclusion.

waltspecht 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Goseer and several others were allowed to steal from the Taxpayers all those years because of the failure of several Superintendants, not any one in particular. They didn't do their job, and allowed incompetants to be carried by the system, and in some cases promoted to move them out of some situations. So this theft of Public funds, (Accepting pay for a job they were clearly capable of doing only in their minds, when in reality they were not even capable of successfully teaching.) was condoned by Superintendants that didn't do their jobs either. For the thirty year term of these folks has resulted in how much harm to thirty years of students? If one can't teach the students assigned you, you have no business teaching. It has been too long called a parenting problem. It is a problem with Teachers and Administrators using this crutch for all too many years. By now a solution to the problem should have been found and implimented. That is what these people are paid to do. Instead the School system has been turned into a mini welfare state for all to many incompetants. I wish those that really attempt to teach well, but you are pretty much set up for failure.

RedEric 11 months, 2 weeks ago

We are on the same page Walt. Teachers are professionals and as such they are expected to produce. Mr. Mosely can only provide the environment in which they can perform up to expectations. Taxpayers are paying these professionals to produce education children. That isn't happening. It is time to expect more.

TRUTH101 11 months, 2 weeks ago

You do realize GoGo was in Dawson for most of his temure.........

waltspecht 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Yes, and protected by a Superintendant that has himself been charged several times with theft and sale of School Property. What ever became of that? Especially the last sale of the restaurant equipment?

chinaberry25 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Goseer only worked under Murfree. He came here for Terrell County and that should have been a red flag. They score worse than DCSS.

Amazed2 11 months, 2 weeks ago

?? What ever happened to the lady principal that got caught in the Free Lunch program?? She made $90k yr was getting Free lunches for you children. Is she still working??

DCSSTeacher 11 months, 1 week ago

Gloria Baker works as Asst. Principal at the South Georgia Regional Achievement Center (the alternative school) under Dr. John I. Davis. She keeps good company now with those who let the child molester in their building. Don't worry! DCSS can retain and rehire all they want. The Professional Standards Commission will have their say in the end. Due to their volume of cases each year, they usually take about a year to two years to resolve an open case like her's.

Happy 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Mosley just clarified his comment. He is moving Not non-renewing Roquemore and Thomas.

pissedoff 11 months, 2 weeks ago

does it really matter? damn if you do..damn if you don't. i'm sure if mosley kept these two he had a good reason for it. since he is the "hero" down here all of a sudden and since some of you praise him for cleaning house, i'm sure you will have something negative to say about these two as well. and for the lady who said her child was bullied for 6 months, why would you depend on mrs holmes to do something you sould have done long time ago..it took you that long to realize that something is wrong? and im sure she did her part but did you do yours?

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months, 2 weeks ago

"What difference does it make?" You sound like Hillary. She was pissedoff that she had to condescend to appear before Congress and showed her tail with a hissy fit.

FryarTuk 11 months, 2 weeks ago

He da man with the plan. Let's let him walk it through.

bubbasmithredneck 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I wonder why Terry the Terrible didnt post this breaking news???? I bet I know the answer.....check it and see if you can figure it out...........lol