DCSS chief clarifies position on two principals

Butch Mosely

Butch Mosely

ALBANY, Ga. — Dougherty County School System Interim Superintendent Butch Mosely said he misspoke concerning two DCSS employees Thursday during an interview with The Albany Herald in which he discussed system personnel changes he would recommend Monday to the School Board.

The confusion revolves around Monroe High Principal Valerie Thomas and Dougherty High Principal Jose Roquemore, who Mosely originally said would not have their contracts renewed.

“If I said I would not be recommending contract renewals for Ms. Thomas and Mr. Roquemore, then I misspoke,” Mosely said late Thursday evening. “What I meant to say was that those two employees would not be returning as the principals of their respective schools. I’ll take the hit on that.”

Mosley said that he would move the two administrators into other positions within the system, but did not specify where.

The Superintendent stressed that his recommendations were subject to change and the situation remained fluid.

The moves were part of Mosely’s two-year plan to improve discipline and academic performance throughout the district.

Comments

waltspecht 1 year, 4 months ago

Moving problems, instead of solving them is what got this system in the mess it is in. Bite the bullet and deal with it. In Industry they would be placed within a job where their accomplishments and failures could be carefully tracked and documented. Routine counseling and offered training. Then it is up to them to make or break their career. The stated end goal is to allow them to improve their performance. The actual results are often very different.

pissedoff 1 year, 4 months ago

who died and left you in charge to say whether or not they are the problem? did it ever occur to you that he is keeping these two for a reason? and do you not know how these two got to thier currently schools now? not sure about th other man but they placed thomas at monroe to clean up all that foolery that was left behind from all the other adminstrators who were there for years and did nothing. since you want to talk about somebody needs some training then how is it she was able to do more then the years she been at monroe then some of the principals that was there for years. walk through that building and note the changes that have been made on the outside and in and then you post a new comment on this blog apologizing for talking too much

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 4 months ago

Yeah she knew there was a new Sheriff in town and she had got off real light on the CRCT deal....so she better look busy.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 4 months ago

yeah yeah yeah......yada yada yada

waltspecht 1 year, 4 months ago

I didn't see where I mentioned any names, only quoting Industry practice. You have some personal involvement in this? Possibly a relative or an individual working within the system that fears the spotlight? All individuals should be held accountable for their performance. As to apologizing, why don't you go back in this Blog and read where others have complained very loudly about Monroe's failure to enforce attendance, class skipping, and allowing students to wonder in whenever they want. I didn't write those, only read and remember them.

erock 1 year, 4 months ago

the hit dog always hollers the loudest walt . Sounds like you got em on the ropes. Ha ha ha

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

Ok, he handled the error right! Good point on my score card.

erock 1 year, 4 months ago

You can clean toilets and still be working for the school system. How's that for a move? Better to be pissed off than on I guess.

TRUTH101 1 year, 4 months ago

Terry..... I cant wait to read your article about the LCSS teacher....... plink textp

I figured the Herald and Fox31 have yet to get around to it..shrug.....

RedEric 1 year, 4 months ago

All of this outrage in defense of teachers when the outrage should be poorly educated students due to teachers not caring or not knowing how to do their job. Curious.

waltspecht 1 year, 4 months ago

Another Teacher in the wrong. An outstanding reason for universal, monthly drug testing of all those receiving public funds or benefits. Whether they be earned, or granted. Want to stop drugs? Make it where there are no customers for the product by strict enforcement and monitoring of the most vulnerable population. Which happens to be our largest population, gevernmental dependant individuals. The problem is random testing isn't getting the violators. So make it universal. Whether it be a hair sample every three months or a monthly saliva or urine test. Then make laws to hold these folks accountable to the courts if they can offer no legal explaination as to the substances presence in their system. By the way, word the law so they not only lose their job, but any accrued benefits, including retirement.

Jax 1 year, 4 months ago

Or you could just make them legal and not have to worry about any of this nonsense. If her habits make her unsuitable for teaching, then she should be fired.

spookj6 1 year, 4 months ago

Sometimes you have to just sit back and see what hapens, and hpe and pray everything work out, but I hope when something goes wrong be man enough to take responsibiity for your actions.

Ihope4albany 1 year, 4 months ago

I hope that the best decisions for moving forward occur.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 4 months ago

I wonder why Terry the Terrible didnt print this story??? I bet I know the answer!!!!

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 4 months ago

Did anybody notice that Terry did not respond besides me???? lol

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 4 months ago

Yes TROLL we noticed and we a betting its because your race baiting is getting OLD.