Squawk of the day - May 15, 2013

"I cannot get aboard the train that considers baggy pants a crime and how the wearing of baggy pants will lead to a life of breaking laws."

Comments

daisymae 11 months, 1 week ago

If baggy pants are a crime then all these girls walking around with the breast hanging out should also be a crime. I care nothing about looking at some guys nasty drawers and can not stand to see these girls breast handing out. This law like many others will never be enforced so I don't understand why they ever created the law unless they just needed something to do.

Abytaxpayer 11 months, 1 week ago

You missed the Train for sure. The sole purpose of “Saggy Pants” is to show contempt and disrespect for Society. The not so subtle message is Kiss my A$$ to society because they resent the lack of respect they get from society. That resentment is based on the entitlement mentality of "I deserve something even if I won’t work for it". Even Comm Postell knew that and pushed for the law. So contempt and disrespect for Society can and does lead to contempt and disrespect of Society's Laws.

dickyboy 11 months, 1 week ago

Wow...coming from daisymae...

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months, 1 week ago

It's just a fad that will go the way of parachute pants and bell bottoms. I would like to see Capri pants and skinny jeans banned from all male wardrobes, but that is for another day. :)

RedEric 11 months ago

MEN WEAR CAPRI PANTS???!!!!

waltspecht 11 months, 1 week ago

Some people with enough influence pushed the law through. The Politicians passed it to asuage the Preachers and concerned congragations. Kind of a dumb waste of time for the Police to enforce. The indecent exposure laws would have covered those actually gross cases. So if this is correct, we should be awaiting Nudists to try and get a law past against all the folks that wear clothes for reasons other than staying warm. Follows the same logic, doesn't it?

chinaberry25 11 months, 1 week ago

It alone probably does not lead to breaking the law, but most folks who do it break the law. It comes from the way you view yourself. Most take no pride in themselves and this end result is getting into trouble. When you do get into trouble you will be right at home with baggy pants for it is the lifestyle accepted in prison. People who consistently break the law love to draw attention to themselves. So do pants hangers. If folks ignored them it will go away like the other person stated. I just hope they wipe their rear ends enough.

RedEric 11 months ago

I would like to wear traditional Viking clothing and revert to traditional Viking behavior. Some might like Confederate costumes and continue with that behavior. Davy Crocket, Superman, Lancelot. If you want to dress up like an available prison biotch then you go right ahead.

B4it 11 months ago

It is embarrassing to see these kids with the low-riding pants in our community. It is an indicator of self-centeredness, low self-esteem, ignorance, and a lack of pride in the way the person looks.

ittybittyme 11 months ago

Had a low riding pants guy trying to run from the police through my yard. He could not run fast and he was challenged attempting to jump my fence...but he was really slow trying to get off my fence and away from my fenced in barking, licking bassethounds...I got some great belly laughs from this and the added bonus of watching the police catch this guy.

agirl_25 11 months ago

Now that gave me a good laugh. Too bad you didn't make a video of it. Would have been a hit on YouTube.

Nonsporting 11 months ago

From the Urban Dictionary: jailin'

Like lowriding but the proper name for it because it started in jail when prisoners got their belts taken of them so they didn't hang themselves, so their pants hung low.

you jailin' those pants dawg.

erock 11 months ago

They say "here I am, come and get me, I did it. " Then when they run from the police, they'll fall down around their ankles causing them to do a face plant. I say leave them alone, it's easier to profile the troublemakers.

ZCorp 11 months ago

Simple , pick up your pants, wear a belt, live life as a Man, not an immature fool.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 11 months ago

First thing that comes to mind when I see people with saggin' pants: unemployed, uneducated, theiving, sorry, fatherless, P.O.S.; that will most likely have a minimum of 2 kids out of weddlock.

gladileftalbany 11 months ago

sheesh..hope you aren't a Christian. I count about 5 judgments right there

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 11 months ago

Nope, not a Christian. Although I love history, I'm not a believer in Mythology. I know its wrong to profile and judge another human being, but it is natural for humans to base assumptions off of experiences learned throughout life.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 11 months ago

Oh, for your imformation, there are 7 judgments in my comment. DCSS graduate?

gladileftalbany 11 months ago

yes..AHS '96. Don't be an a-hole

FryarTuk 11 months ago

Neat exchange. I enjoyed the repartee.

ZCorp 11 months ago

I'll have no problem pointing out judgements of idiot fools. I am ME

FryarTuk 11 months ago

Thank goodness that's resolved. We were all on tenterhooks about whether you are you. So that existential quandary is put to rest, let's discuss Sartre's philosophical ontology.

rock 11 months ago

Most of those wearing the saggy pants and such will not live to see 30. Thug life ends early.

VSU 11 months ago

Yeah they draw attention to themselves alright, shows everybody how stupid and sloppy they look. The funny thing is, they don't think they look stupid, they think it makes them look cool, but it doesn't, makes them look stupid and foolish.

Outtahere 11 months ago

What about all the nasty girls with their boobs and butts out?? What's good for the goose is good for the gander!!

stc1993 11 months ago

At least we don't have any like in S.F. they go around completely naked. They passed a law there if they ride the bus or sit on the park benches they have to have a towel. Talk about gross.

lowercasejesus 11 months ago

Sqwaker- the baggy pants crowd also has trouble with complex long term thinking and basic cause n effect , consequences etc like u seem to have a problem understanding.

I agree it makes finding the criminal in a crowd easier. Fools....

FryarTuk 11 months ago

For some reason these folks with sagging pants just don't phase me. When you consider it, the practice seems obnoxious but generally I don't seem to have the reach to focus on it. Look at something or somebody else. It's like folks offering their general opinions of the commenters and comments on thread. If somebody doesn't like it jump off and read WaPo or Fox on line, NYT. Who cares?

I heard a Corrections official give a speech in which he stated the practice of lowering the pants developed in prisons from being identified as another inmate's mate. I wondered at the time if the cruisers' knew that. It just never meant enough to get worked up about it.