Breaking News

First U.S. Ebola case confirmed September 30, 2014

'Most Wanted' fugitive apprehended

Allen Dale Timbes

Allen Dale Timbes

ALBANY, Ga. -- One of the Albany Area Crime Stoppers Most Wanted fugitives has been apprehended, thanks to a tipster.

According to Capt. Craig Dodd with the Dougherty County Sheriff's Office, Allen Dale Timbes, 27, was arrested about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday for failure to register as a sex offender.

Timbes was found at No. 5 Sutton Place, a mobile home park on Oakridge Drive, Dodd said. According to officials, The fugitive was taken into custody after sheriff's deputies knocked on his door and Timbes answered.

Dodd said convicted sex offenders such as Timbes are required to register each year and Timbes had gone past his deadline. Officials say offenders are liable for stiff penalties, ranging from 90 days or less in jail for first-timers to possible prison time for repeat offenses. This was the first offense for Timbes, Dodd said.

According to Dodd, Timbes' arrest came directly from one or more anonymous tips originating with Timbes' May 10 description in The Albany Herald Crime Stoppers Most Wanted feature or from a similar feature on Fox 31 News.

Crime Stoppers tips for any crime can be left anonymously and tips that lead to arrests are eligible for cash rewards. Details are available at www.albanycrimestoppers.com.

Comments

erock 1 year, 4 months ago

Too bad he didn't resist. Why wasn't he wearing an ankle monitor?

waltspecht 1 year, 4 months ago

Why didn't fplks turn him in without the reward? I would think sex offenders would fall outside of the don't snitch rules.

RedEric 1 year, 4 months ago

This boy needs to follow the rules. He may not survive prison.

WJReady 1 year, 4 months ago

Oh he will survive, BIG Bubba will protect his honey from being taken from him. He will be bartered in many ways...

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

You talking about Big bubbasmithredneck? I didn't think this guy was his type? I think bubbasmith prefers dark meat.

growingup2013 1 year, 4 months ago

It is funny that people are quick to judge. Yes he is wrong for not regstiring but no one knows thw whole story. young girls now days are quick to holler someone messed with them when they dont get their way. I know this giy personally and he is not a bad guy at all. He is human just like us that has his flaws and mistakes he has made.

dmyers80 1 year, 4 months ago

well if you don't put yourself in that position they cant "holler you messed with them".. they cant say your'e fishing if you don't have a pole in your hand!! ... I'm pretty sure he had a trial and was convicted.

spookj6 1 year, 4 months ago

I don't hear nothing from Albany's Finest about gangs, thugs, welfare, or none of that other nonsense, but I guess something must be different about this person than the others I just can't seem to put my hand on it.

Terry.Lewis 1 year, 4 months ago

spook, would you please email me the names of the four rapists and child molesters in the Lee County School System? I'd really like to look into that. I will protect your anonymity.
terry.lewis@albanyherald.com

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

There are no names, Spook is an idiot that just wants to light a fire with no facts or proof to back up his ignorant claims that doesn't even exist.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

" . . . . must be different about this person than the others I just can't seem to put my hand on it. "

You might be careful about where you put your hand when you make the discovery, spook.

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

Idiotj6, what in the hell does this story of a registered sex offender have to do with gangs, thugs and welfare? Are you just play acting or are you really that stupid? I am betting on the latter.

growingup2013 1 year, 4 months ago

Girl wants to do something with guy, guy says no girl gets mad and starts telling that he did this or that to her. I am just saying if you don't know him who are you to judge.

Sally_O 1 year, 4 months ago

Girl would have to be drunk or totally stupid to want to do something with this weirdo, just saying.........if guy says no, she should consider that as doing her a favor.