Squawk of the Day - May 22, 2013

"Mr. Baggy Pants was leaving a store and I observed the weird way he was walking in order to hold up his pants. It reminded me of the way my toddlers walked when they had an accident in their pants. From now on, when I see any Mr. Baggy Pants, I’ll have to wonder if he’s been potty trained."

Comments

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months ago

Well to your point, squawker......whenever I see a baggy pants idiot I always know from the get-go that they are full of S___.

daisymae 11 months ago

The one thing about baggy pants is you know they are not the criminal because is hard to carry to much in one hand while holding your pants with the other to run and get away.

dickyboy 11 months ago

Good chance they're not members of The National Honor Society.....

lowercasejesus 11 months ago

Proud to be available for getting the ol business! I love it.

erock 11 months ago

I saw a documentary on TV recently that claimed the baggy pants trend began in San Quentin prison. It's meant to signify that you're a sissy and that you're "available " to the other sissies in exchange for putting some money on their books. If that's true, then we have a bunch of lulu's walking around amongst us. No wonder they hang out together in dark places. The baby mama's are used to ensure that the food stamps keep rolling in, and their buddies, well, you're going to have to use your imagination.

erudite 11 months ago

Read the history of prisons and their intent. The states began to remove all articles from a detainee to prevent suicide many many years ago, well before SQ was built. Women are not allowed to have these articles either.

When the idea behind incarceration changed from rehabilitation to retribution, issuing uniforms that were too large is a way that the correctional institution use to further denigrate the prisoner. Prisons in the US started as 'penitentiaries' as offenders were considered sinners who has to serve 'penance'. There are quite a few paradigm shifts surrounding incarceration.

erock 11 months ago

that's you're tale, I sit on mine.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months ago

If it bothers you that bad then don't look at him.

dingleberry 11 months ago

Hard to avoid when the purp is walking right in front of you!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 11 months ago

You can do it. I believe you can muster the strength.

waltspecht 11 months ago

Providing them any form of recognition, just is encouragement. I like it because the style prevents the easy concealment of a weapon.

RedEric 11 months ago

It will go the way of silk shirts, checkered bell bottomed pants and thick soled shoes. It is a fad, a disgusting one. This too shall pass.

chinaberry25 11 months ago

What the whole story should be is that baggy pants will cause your hips to wear out sooner because of your poor gait. The way you wear pants, poor shoes, all of these will cause major bone problems in years to come. The extra tall shoes are as big a problem and not ever addressed here. Be careful how you abuse your bodies because you will reap what you sow.

Local 11 months ago

Will this saggy pant style walking cause posture/back issues? Will we taxpayers have to pay for surgery to correct the years of their incorrect walking. Just asking!

ittybittyme 11 months ago

Great points Chinaberry and Local. We will be paying for corrective surgery for these people in the future. My take on this trend...it is hard to run from law enforcement in saggy pants and it is hard to work a job in saggy pants.

daisymae 11 months ago

While walking in the mall with my daughter and son in law, we passed a guy with saggy pants and I embarrassed my son in law when I loudly (so the guy could hear) stated that if they are going to sag their pants at least the could wear clean drawers....mr baggy pants, pulled his up.

rock 11 months ago

This is issue is not going to go away anytime soon and the more we pay attention to it the more the saggers will continue to do this. Ignore this and it may go away, I seriously doubt it, since it seems to be a cultural thing within the African American community. However, if we were to reflect back, the shift in paradigms is dynamic and we will see other fashion trends develop and fade. I can remember the hippy era, then came Leisure suits, then came the big hair and disco then came the country/cowboy period etc. These all fade with time.

By continually bringing this matter to attention people are only letting the saggers live with them full time and the saggers really do not care and pay no attention.