Bright of the Day - May 24, 2013

"Just remember, love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Together we can make a difference in our community so long as we do it in love."

For more Brights, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald.

To submit a Bright Side comment, Click here.

Brights are submitted by the public and do not necessarily represent the opinion of The Albany Herald.

Comments

chinaberry25 11 months ago

Love is the operative word. We are now being forced by a greedy government to support those who want to kill us. The Boston bombing is a prime example. If we are forced to support these bozos, I do not think that is too much to expect the government to keep up with them and send them home when time is up for their prolonged visit. Get rid of those who are here illegally and want to kill us. There welfare checks are going somewhere, so why are they so hard to find. If they stay here, at the very least cut their money off. These very words also in the very same book address folks who refuse to work. It also tells you to not associate with non Christians. You are just quoting out of context.

dsgb19us 11 months ago

chinaberry25 will you find you something better to do other than sit and critique every story or every news article. Since your such a genuis why not become a journalist or President for that matter. We all see it brightens your day to look at The Albany Herald website and go to work. Its evident that this is in fact your job. I bet you would go crazy if you didn't have any fingers to type.

FryarTuk 11 months ago

" it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth (and with a mean judge)"

Sister_Ruby_Two 11 months ago

Ever heard of "tough love"? That's what a whole lot of folks in the Community need. Not what passes for pansy love in the form of freebies for nothing. "He who will not work...shall not eat". God Said It!!

FryarTuk 11 months ago

Vladimir Lenin certainly agreed. It was one of the two main principles of socialism and became the slogan for the Communist Party until the demise of the USSR. Very ant-capitalistic principle here. No free enterprise. Sorry.

Puts you in good company, eh Sis. Well, I always say, "birds of a feather flock together."

By the way, your declaration that "God Said It!!" ain't so either. Strongly believed to be a Pauline letter but could have been one of several others.

Shinedownfan 11 months ago

I love the end of this chapter in I Corinthians... "Now I see thru a glass darkly, but then face to face, now I know only in part, but then I shall know even as also I am known." I dont have all the answers, I dont know everything, but one day, when I stand with my Lord and God, I will understand...