Florida Court Debates What Jury Can Hear In Trayvon Martin Killing

George Zimmerman, defendant in the killing of Trayvon Martin, is sworn in for testimony in Seminole circuit court during a pre-trial hearing in Sanford, Florida April 30, 2013.

ORLANDO, Fla. — A court hearing begins Tuesday to determine how Trayvon Martin should be portrayed to a jury when a neighborhood watch captain goes on trial for killing the unarmed black teenager last year.

George Zimmerman, whose highly anticipated second-degree murder trial is scheduled to start June 10, has said he shot Martin in self-defense during a fight in February 2012.

At issue in Tuesday's hearing are pieces of evidence that suggest 17-year-old Martin used marijuana at an undetermined time and had been suspended from school shortly prior to his death. The defense also wants to use text messages and social media posts that Zimmerman's lawyer said would show that Martin presented himself as "street wise" and interested in guns.

Prosecutors will argue that the Facebook postings by Martin, who had no criminal record and the way he portrayed himself to his friends is irrelevant to what happened on the night of the killing.

In a motion to ban evidence of marijuana use, prosecutors said there is no evidence that Martin was under the influence or that marijuana contributed to his death. O'Mara claims, however, that the evidence supports the defense theory that Martin was the aggressor.

The hearing before Judge Debra Nelson begins at 9 a.m. EDT (1300 GMT) in the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center in Sanford, where national news media are gearing up for extensive live coverage of the trial.

Zimmerman followed Martin after he spotted him walking in the rain in a gated community in the town of Sanford near Orlando where Martin was spending the weekend in one of the town homes with his father. Zimmerman called police to report a suspicious person and pursued Martin despite the dispatcher telling him not to. Soon after, Zimmerman shot Martin during a struggle before police arrived.

In court filings Zimmerman's lawyers say they want the judge to decide about the use during the trial of voice analysis of 911 tapes of calls to the police before and during the struggle.

Lawyers are seeking clarification from the judge about whether the science behind the various types of voice analysis used by experts for the state and defense is solid enough to be considered by the jury.

Experts have reached different conclusions about whether it was Zimmerman or Martin screaming in the background of a 911 call taped just before Martin was shot, or whether it is possible to be certain at all.

Some experts could isolate only seconds of usable audio on the tape while one prosecution expert claims to have deciphered several phrases uttered by Zimmerman and Martin.

The defense also wants the judge to allow the identities of the jurors to remain secret and to let the jury visit the crime scene.

Martin's death set off debate about Florida's "stand your ground" law, which allows deadly force if a person fears serious bodily harm. Police initially declined to arrest Zimmerman, who is white and Hispanic, which led to racial protests.

Comments

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

MARTIN'S FACEBOOK PAGE IS TOTALLY IRREVELANT UNLESS ZIMMERMAN MENTIONED ON IT. TALK ABOUT GRASPING AT STRAWS. IF MARTIN WAS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MARIJUANA IT IS LESS LIKELY THAT HE BECAME AGGRESSIVE. LET THE PROSECUTION SHOW G.Z. AS THE LIAR HE IS, HIS ATTEMPT TO GAIN FINANCIALLY, HIS RACIST LEANINGS, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN HIS PAST... THERES PLENTY OF DIRT UNDER THIS BOY'S FINGERNAILS AS WELL AS MARTIN'S BLOOD. GET READY TO TRADE THAT DRESS SUIT FOR A JUMPSUIT SON.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Since evidence is hard to come by in this trial, knowing the charcater of a person is crucial in decision making. Seeing how the prosecution and media portrayed Martin as a little angel, it is fitting that the defense sheds light on the type of character Martin was leading up to the killing. What irritates me with people like you, MRKIA is that you judge based off emotions, not logic. I can't believe that ASU had a protest in regards to this. Like I said, emotion, not logic. Thank God your not on the jury. You strike me as racist. Oh, FYI, Z is half Hispanic.... kinda puts a dent in your racist logic. Oh and Hussien Obama is also half white....

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

please elaborate on the racist leaning, please. B/c using your logic, the character of a person leading up to the incident is irrelevent. You can't have it both ways. Like I said before, using emotion, not logic.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I JUDGE BASED ON G.Z. HAD NO AUTHORITY, NONE, NADA, TO APPROACH, STALK, TRACK, OR IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM MAKE CONTACT WITH THIS KID. MARTIN WAS NOT BREAKING ANY LAW AND MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS. G.Z. WAS EVEN ADVISED TO BACK OFF. LOGIC DICTATES THAT HAD G.Z. LEFT T.M ALONE WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION. CHARACTER MAY NOT GET YOU IN TROUBLE BUT YOUR ACTIONS WILL.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

It is not against the law to follow someone in public, FACT. It is, however, against the law to physically attack someone that is following you. Just think if an actor/actress punched some journalist for following them. That is a lawsuit gravey train. You are right, actions will get you in trouble. Is your CAPS button stuck? Why put all your text in CAPS? I get the sense you are yelling, which shows that your using emotion and not logic... again. Based on reading, research, and listening to the UNEDITED phone records, I believe this was a self defense action. Martin seems like the aggressor, based on the information I've seen. Again, it is not against the law to question someone in your neighborhood or follow them. It is against the law to punch someone because you felt like you were being disrespected. Logic, not emotion.

erudite 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Except that Z acted as if the neighborhood association asked him to be there; residents had not.

MRKIA has sight issues.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

IT'S ALSO NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO WALK AROUND WITH A HOODIE AND SKITTLES. I'M WAITING FOR YOU TO TELL ME WHAT T.M. DID TO MAKE ANYONE PAY HIM ANY ATTENTION AT ALL. WHAT WAS HE DOING ILLEGAL OR OTHERWISE WHEN HE CAUGHT THE EYE OF G.Z.? I'LL WAIT.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

There are numerous accounts of break-ins in that particular neighborhood by black teenage boys using hoodies to help conceal their faces. Lets just say that pink bunnies are robbing people in your neighborhood. Why on earth would you be looking for anything other than pink bunnies.... let me guess, that is racial profiling?

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

IF T.M'S KILLER WAS BLACK I'D HAVE THE SAME OPINION.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY I DO NOT HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.

erock 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Of course they do. Going to use that innocent little seven year olds picture too I bet. Lets forget about what he did to Zimmerman and lets focus on what Zimmerman did to him. I overheard some sisters talking in the grocery store the other day about the case and their exact words were I would kill him myself if I could get my hands on him. I couldn't help but to remind them that the last person to try that didn't do so well. Needless to say they got pissed, but it goes to show you how some people have already convicted him. Watch how they act when he's found not guilty. Bunch of ignorant ape hanging baboons.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I imagine Charles Mansion looked sweet and innocent when he was 7 years old, but that didn't keep him from becoming what he became.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

EVERY ADULT THAT EVER COMMITTED A CRIME WAS ONCE 7 YRS OLD.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Exactly my point! Just because they looked sweet and innocent at 7, doesn't mean they grow up to be angels. Martin is no exception.

chinaberry25 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I heard on the news this morning some very damning evidence against Trayvon. Kicked out of both houses, kicked out of school, high on Marijuana on and on. This has been a racist from the get go. I do not care who is guilty, but the truth should come out and hope you are prepared. As far as killing Zimmerman, God's going to get you for that!

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Well, I still say Zimmerman did wrong in following him, regardless if he got attacked or not. He should have done exactly what the 911 operator said to do and let the police handle it instead of playing police.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

911 operator does not have the authority to tell anyone what to do. They can advise, like the one advising Z., but can not give a direct command. This is because in the past, many 911 operators have given commands to the citizen and it has backfired on them, making the department liable for any outcome of the situation at hand. Google "911 operator dispatch giving commands". Food for thought.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Same difference, if he'd done what the 911 operator had advised him to do, but the 911 operator said it so either way......advised/said, same difference.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

if if if if if if if if. If Martin wouldn't have been expelled from school this also wouldn't have happened. See how that works, if we judged on "if"s. It isn't against the law to get out of your car. It isn't against the law to follow someone in a public area. It isn't against the law to approach someone, night or day, and ask them questions. It isn't against the law to disobey an operator due to the fact that they have no understanding of the entire situation b/c they are not at that location. It also isn't against the law to use deadly force when being physically attacked. Now if Z started the confrontation using phyical aggression that is premeditated, which the prosecution has to prove undoubtley, then this is a murder. I predict, based off of availible information, that Z will walk. This is not a murder; murder requires premeditation. The prosecution should have choosen to go with man slaughter at best. Even that would have been a tough battle to win.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Hey don't get excited, nobody said it was against the law to do this or do that, bottom line is if Zimmerman had done what he was advised to do, instead of playing policeman, he would not be in this situation. I was not there and I doubt that you were there so we really don't know what really happened, it's pure speculation and can only take Zimmerman's word for it. They showed the wound that was on Zimmerman's head so there is evidence he was attacked but that is all we know.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

DON'T ARGUE WITH OUTSIDE. G.Z.PREMEDITATED THE MOMENT HE IGNORED THE ADVICE OF THE 911 OPERATOR.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Excited, haha, if you say so. I understand that "IF" he would have stayed in his car that things might have turned out differently. My response to your post was to show how silly your statement was. Where do we draw the "IF" line? IF martin wouldn't have gotten thirsty for a coke and craving some skittles, things wouldn't have happened.... Or, IF there hadn't been so many break-ins by black teens in hoodies, maybe Z wouldn't have felt like it was his duty to protect his neighbor hood.... Or, IF Martin's parents would have tought him how to be a respectful teenage, then maybe he wouldn't have been kicked out of school. You see, when you start to use the "IF" arguement, the value in your statements are lost. Sorry if my post went over your head.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

IT WASN'T G.Z.S DUTY TO PROTECT ANYTHING EXCEPT HIS OWN.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

MRKIA, not do be rude, but I'm starting to doubt your intelligence.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

VSU, G.Z. IS/WAS A LOOSE CANNON OPERATING UNDER THE GUISE OF NEIGHBORHOOD WATCHMAN. ERASE THE PASTS OF G.Z. AND T.M. AND STILL NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT G.Z. WAS WRONG TO STALK T.M. HAD HE LEFT HIM ALONE NEITHER ONE WOULD HAVE A SCRATCH ON THEM. G.Z. INITIATED AND CREATED THIS TRADGEDY. RACE? NOT A FACTOR IN MY CONDEMNATION OF G.Z.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

MRKIA, for stalking to be illegal, one must file a restraining order. Until then, as long as it is in a public place, one can watch, follow, and "stalk" you all they want.

OUTsiderLookingINalbany 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Oh and stop cherry-picking the evidence. So Martin's actions, if true, were warranted in beating the day-lights out of Z. for getting out of his SUV and following him? Can you please proved a link to the Florida State Law where I can read about this law?

bennydawg 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Erock, good for you! I would have loved to have seen that! Too many times we are intimidated not to say whats right.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

THE BEST THING TO DO IS KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT IF YOU'RE SCARED.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I see where OJ Simpson is trying to get out of prison. I am sure for the sole purpose of finding the murderers of his wife Nicole. I know he is chomping at the bits to find them and bring them to justice.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

The comment and argument by MRKIA that GZ should not have been concerned with someone unknown walking through the neighborhood is absolutely ridiculous. This type of thinking encourages innocent residents to turn their back on crime, and encourages others to not call the police when a crime may be in progress. That is why it is a ridiculous shallow-minded comment and argument.

Neighborhood watches are put in place to report suspicious activities. GZ did that. What happens after that is what needs to be determined. None of us were there and therefore it would be pure speculation to render an opinion of guilt on either one of them. I do think it is entirely appropriate for a neighborhood watch rep to want to see where a suspicious person may be going after calling 911 so they could let the police know where this person went when the police arrive. That would be considered responsible watch representation. As for who jumped who, again, let the FACTS come out in the trial. What is irresponsible and racist is for ASU students to hold a demonstration in support of Trayvon without having all of the FACTS!!!!!

mickey26 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I rarely comment on here, I usually just read the comments. However, there are some things that I don't get about the commants being made on either side of the board. I get why Zimmerman called the police. If I saw a stranger walking through my community I would be concerned maybe even follow them, but to approach was idiotic. He endagered himself and the other members of his community. What if Trayvon had a weapon and a gunfight ensued? Innocent people/children could have been killed from random gunfire. People have the right to protect themselves, their families, property, and community. However, when you decide to play Police officer, you have to face the consequences for your actions.

As far as the facebook posts and drug use being used in court, I personally dont feel that it is relevant in this case. Most people know that facebook is a joke. Facebook is what you want people to see, not who you really are. A profile has little to do with what happened that night. Thats why you have to be very careful about what you put on the internet. If that is not who he really was he should not portray himself that way.

I think that Zimmerman is guilty but should get a fair trial. Really looks as if there is a lot of support on both sides.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Mickey, if you saw someone walking in your neighborhood that you did not know, would you try to meet them, or would you consider them suspicious? If they were not suspicious, are you saying people should not approach others in their neighborhood to introduce themselves to meet new residents? Or, could it be they are suspicious because they are wearing a hoodie and there have been past break-ins by young blacks wearing hoodies?

For all of those saying GZ should not have approached TM, the question is obvioulsy "why not"? Are you showing your prejudices toward another, or are you unknowingly admitting that Treyvon should have been considered suspicious? Why should GZ not try to see where this person was walking to, and why should he have considered Treyvon too dangerous to follow (if that is what he did)? THINK about it.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I'D LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE. PERHAPS MY PERSPECTIVE IS SKEWED BY MY HAVING LIVED MOST OF MY LIFE IN SOUTH FLA. WHERE MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS IS A WAY OF LIFE. IT'S AN ARMED CAMP DOWN THERE. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR LIFE JUST CUTTING THRU SOMEONES YARD THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Just as I thought MRKIA. You are one of those who encourages turning their back on crime and letting the thugs take over. You should be thanking people like GZ for having the courage to watch out for his neighborhood to try to prevent crime. Instead you encourage others to be a coward behind the wimps of being blind to those who bully, rob, and beat up on others. You unknowingly pre-judge, and are prejudiced toward anyone with a hoodie by counting them as suspicious without really knowing if they are friendly, or out to steal from others. This is a prime example of being a victim of being locked up in your own surroundings.

Abytaxpayer 10 months, 3 weeks ago

If the MR had just bothered to watch MSNBC this weekend he would be singing a different song. Even as hard as MSN tries to be the mind for the under informed they could not show George Zimmerman was the devil and Tray was a saint. The best they could do was spin it around race. MR is like most who judge on race first and dam any reason or fact other than Race.

TRUTH101 10 months, 3 weeks ago

It does not matter if the kid was a gang banger. IF he was such he would eventually do a crime that would have gotten him locked up and rightfully so. However, at the time of the altercation he was innocently walking home from the store. Even if he had just robbed the store it was not the place of Zimmerman to neither follow him nor confront him. Zimmerman stated that the kid looked suspicious; all he had to do was call the cops and allow them to do their job. He became the suspect that moment he went against the 911 operator’s wishes and confronted the young man. If I see a young man with a shaved head and swastika tatted on his arm in my neighborhood, I would be a little suspicious and call the cops but that is where I would stop. Even if he was a meth head with a long record it is not my job to confront him…… and it is most certainly not my place to shot him if he has done nothing to me or my family…. Now I am pretty sure if I confronted him he would and rightfully so become combative with me.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Another illogical thought process! TRUTH101, If the suspicious person is confronted (assuming he was confronted since you were not there to make this assumed observation), and he has done nothing wrong, why would he "rightfully become combative with me"? This is an assumption that is very disturbing. All he would have to do is explain that he was on his way to ..... So this begs the question, why was there a fight between the two? Again, FACTS are needed and not speculations filled with emotion.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

T.M. DIDN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO G.Z. WHO THE HELL IS G.Z.?

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

EXACTLY!!! NOW THATS THE TRUTH.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Everyone can speculate what happened till the cows come home, but only two people know what really happened and one of those is dead. Yeah there was evidence of a wound on the back of Zimmerman's head, but we still don't know whether Zimmerman attacked him first or not. We only have Zimmerman's testimony to go on. He lied about his finances, so his credibility of what happened is questionable.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Is this what you call a double standard. You want to use financial disclosure issues that happened after the event for GZ, but you mention nothing about TM's past use of drugs, being expelled from school, etc. etc, that should also be considered as part of his reputation. Again, just more speculations and illogical thinking!

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

BS, what Martin did in the past is no evidence or proof of what happened at this incident. Some preachers preach the word of god, but then they were arrested for molesting children or even shot and murdered someone. Point being, just because a person done something in the past doesn't make them innocent or guilty in the future.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

VSU says "just because a person done something in the past doesn't make them innocent or guilty in the future". You are getting caught up in your own BS. You can't use an action for one, and not use or consider the past trends and actions of another. You are really stretching on this one VSU.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

No BS and I am not stretching at all, you just can't figure it out, sorry if it is over your head, for example: If a person murdered someone 20 years ago and is somehow set free again and then someone else gets murdered. Does that automatically make the man guilty because of a previous conviction? He might be a suspect, but it doesn't prove him guilty automatically. You're wanting to rule Zimmerman innocent simply because Martin was previously kicked out of school, out of his house, possession of weed etc. Sure that makes him a shady person but that does NOT PROVE he was the aggressor in this case. I wasn't there, you wasn't there, so we don't really know what happened, and if you say that you do, you are a liar. I'm not on Martin's side, I think he was a punk, but with not being there or seeing it and no evidence or witnesses to tell the story, we don't know what the true story is.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Like I said VSU, you have been victimized by your own BS and stretching of the TRUTH! Point out to me anywhere I have claimed that GZ is innocent. I have repeatedly said that the FACTS need to come out. This has been in response to those who have been claiming GZ is guilty. There have been too many making illogical statements and conjuring up their own sets of facts, just as you have done with accusing me of "wanting to rule Zimmerman innocent...". You are the one who claimed GZ followed TM. How do you know he did this if as you claim none of us were there to know the true story. Again, you are caught up in your own BS.

So stop with your false accusations and childish claims of this being over my head, and get your FACTS straight!

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah Blah! It is over your head. I think you are victimized by your own stupidity, don't hate me for telling it like it is and not what you want to hear. That's your problem, not mine. It's you that is caught up in your own BS and you are too stupid to even know it.

You say I claimed GZ followed TM, I didn't claim anything, I am only going by what the story said. You say I wasn't there so how do I know he did this, but if you weren't there, how do you know he didn't do this or do that. Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

BTW did I mention that you was not there so you don't know what happened?

mickey26 10 months, 3 weeks ago

B4It Im not saying automatically assume the worst of people. However, I dont put anything past anyone. If its broad day and i see you I will be the first to say hello neighbor. In todays world the reality is you have to constantly be on watch. I live in a good neighborhood, never had any real problems but a few years ago while I was home alone with my kids and my husband was at work, someone tried to break into my house. Luckily I woke up when I heard the window shatter and my would be robber got a hammer to his head.

That situation put me on edge because my kids and I could have been killed. So, i say always be aware of your surroundings. Dont assume the worst, but never be too quick to trust either.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Mickey, I am glad you woke up in time. I would agree with your assessment in the case you have stated above. I would also encourage being cautious. However, the facts are sketchy in the GZ / TM case. There are too many already jumping on the convict GZ wagon without having all of the FACTS.

And for those who say he should not have tried to see where TM went, this is where I have a different perspective. When the police arrive and ask where is the suspicious person, I would rather say he went between those 2 houses, rather than say I don't know.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

IF I WAS WALKING DOWN THE THE STREET AND YOU, ACTING AS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH TOOK IT UPON YOURSELF TO INTERCEPT ME AND EXPECT ME TO EXPLAIN MY REASON FOR BEING THERE? I'D TRY TO CAVE YOUR SKULL IN. YOU NEED A GUN AND BADGE FOR THAT.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

And there you have it straight from MRKIA. This is why we have societal issues. You can not even approach someone to ask a question without being threatened with assault. Now if TM was like MRKIA, then I could see why there was a fight. Just plain meaness!

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT. AGAIN, THERES A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ASKING A QUESTION AND INTERROGATING SOMEONE. IF YOU'RE NOT ON MY PROPERTY OR INTERFERING WITH ME AND MY BUSINESS I HAVE NO RIGHT TO INTERFER OR QUESTION YOU. IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE. BUT YOU GO AHEAD SUPERHERO, SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU. WHERE G.Z. IS, OR YOUR HAT HANDED TO YOU.

VSU 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I am glad you were there to witness all that happened! When the trial comes up, you should go there and tell them exactly the way it happened. Maybe you could get a film company and re-enact the whole process and show them every detail of how things came out. Where is your evidense? Where is your proof?

TD31707 9 months, 3 weeks ago

We have a right to ask anyone whatever we want to. If someone is roaming my neighborhood looking for things to steal, a crime could be averted just by making them aware that the area is monitored. If you choose to physically attack me over that, all bets are off. You could end up the same as TM if you keep using that hoodrat mentality.

mickey26 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Also, im not saying he should have assumed he was dangerous because of what he had on, that just shows the way Zimmerman was thinking. Every race and nationality has murderers in it. I dont care what your race is or how you dress, murderers come in all colors and can wear suit and ties. Im just saying i dont feel he was wrong for watching but approaching without Trayvon doing anything wrong was stupid. If he had stopped him in the middle of a burglary okay but wakking down the street??? Come on. Wrong is wrong.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

THANK YOU. YOU GET KILLED FOR WALKING DOWN THE STREET? WRONG IS WRONG. BY SOMEONE HIGH ON MEDS AND SEVERAL ARRESTS ON THEIR RECORD AT THAT. B4IT BETTER CHECK INTO THE EVIDENCE.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

No you get killed for being a thug and wanting to fight because you are too ignorant and sensitive to explain your presence. You must have been there to see what happened and have all of the FACTS since you continue to argue in TM's favor. All I have ever said is let the FACTS come out in the trial. But since you have stated you would bash someone's head in just for approaching you, then YOU are the THUG in today's society. Don't bother with the blahs. I did not know I was dealing with a child.

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT: WHY DON'T YOU MAN UP AND CHOOSE A FEW PEOPLE AND ASK THEM TO EXPLAIN THEIR PRESENCE WHEREEVER THEY ARE. TAKE A HANKIE FOR WHEN YOU GET YOUR LIP BUSTED. ME SENSITIVE? NO, IT'S JUST THAT WHEREEVER I AM IS NOBODY'S DAMN BUSINESS. NO ONE BETTER DARE ASK EITHER. EVEN THE POLICE HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION ME WITHOUT SOME PROBABLE CAUSE.

B4it 10 months, 3 weeks ago

No need for a hanky for me. And I just did the very thing 3 days ago that you feel is an invasion of your privacy. I asked a couple of suspicious guys on a golf cart that had been roaming through some vacant properties who they were. Introduced myself and they did the same. I also explained there had been a recent theft in our neighborhood. No problems when people are civil with each other.

We have a neighborhood watch program and this sends a message that they are being watched. They actually thanked me for stopping them and for looking out for our neighborhood. See, there is a difference. It is just YOU have a burr up your bottom about protecting the properties of others if you were considered being someone suspicious. When it comes to protecting our properties, it is our dang business!

MRKIA 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I CAN'T CHANGE YOUR OPINION AND YOU WON'T CHANGE MINE. THE COURTS WILL DECIDE AS YOU SAY. WHATEVER THE JURY DECIDES, EVERYONE SHOULD ABIDE BY IT AND NOT RESORT TO UNREST OR VIOLENCE.

erock 10 months, 2 weeks ago

I was standing in the check out line the other day and overheard a conversation between two ladies in line behind me. They were going on and on about Trevon Martin shooting. What caught my attention was one of them said that they would have killed Zimmerman if they could have gotten their hands on him. They have already condemned Zimmerman before his trial not knowing any of the details or litigating circumstances. If the situation was the other way around, and Martin was holding the smoking gun, we wouldn't have heard a peep out of these folks.

Sally_O 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Well if the lady did that, she would be charged with murder, so I say go for it at her own risk.

VSU 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Too much emphasis on a non black person killing Martin. Would Martin be less dead if a black person had shot and killed him? Where is the outrage when a black person kills a white person? Or even a black person killing a black person. A person is just as dead no matter who kills them. And black people have the stupidous reasons for killing their fellow black man. "We gots into an argument and I disagrees with him, so I shot him."