Tuesday, October 8, 2013
© Copyright 2014
A Monday morning blazed forced a family of four from their East Roosevelt Avenue Home. The American Red Cross is providing temporary shelter. One man was injured in his escape and was treated for his injuries
ALBANY — An Albany man was injured Monday, and four driven from their home by flames in a house fire at 1005 Roosevelt Ave., firefighters say.
Albany Fire Department officials say they were called to the home around 2:47 p.m. Monday and were met by heavy fire and smoke. According to the official report, firefighters had the blaze under control by 2:55 p.m.
A resident of the home, Mose Harvey was pulled from a bedroom by another resident, Johnny Sherman, officials say, and received serious lacerations. Officials say he was transported to Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital for treatment. According to officials, the front end of a 2005 Chrysler Sebring was damaged by heat coming from the building.
All four residents were provided temporary shelter by the American Red Cross, officials say.