Thursday, September 12, 2013
© Copyright 2014
ALBANY — A fire that engulfed a home on West Lincoln Avenue Wednesday was caused by a faulty power cord on an air conditioner, according to Sam Harris, investigator with the Albany Fire Department.
Harris said the cord was behind a piece of furniture when it shorted and started the fire, which destroyed most of the home at 619 W. Lincoln Ave.
No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $25,000 damage to a home valued at $36,000, Harris said.
The local chapter of the American Red Cross was notified of the fire to provide shelter for the owner and his family.