Here we go again. It seems the White House staff are slow learners. First, there was Benghazi and Susan Rice doing the Sunday talk shows presenting the White House determination that the deaths of four Americans was the direct result of some obscure video which seemingly, by White House standards, upset Muslims who retaliated. According to the White House, the attacks were not terrorist-related. Efforts to get to the truth are still in progress.
Now we have Susan again, presenting to the media and the American public that the White House, in a bold move, recovered a serviceman (Army), who had served with distinction and who had been a Taliban captive for five years, by swapping him for five “high-profile” Taliban leaders imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay. It has been said that the five have been released to the government of Qatar, which will supervise their release. The five are no longer considered by the White House to be a threat to the United States or we, its citizens. Doesn’t that make you feel so much more secure?
As Paul Harvey used to say, “And now the rest of the story.” We currently have, in a Mexican jail, one of our servicemen. Look at the media, print and electronic, to see how much or how little coverage there has been of his interment. Mexico is supposed to be friendly and cooperative with us. This serviceman is still imprisoned there and reports are that he has been beaten and abused. We are told that our government is seeking a diplomatic resolution.
Like me, I hope you will be proactive in getting action for his immediate release. I have no idea how many U.S. dollars go to Mexico, but, I suspect, enough dollars to secure an immediate “diplomatic” resolution to this mess. Please, as I have done, contact our representative and our two senators to make our concerns known and that we want this soldier returned to the U.S. immediately. Do you care enough to do something?