Top Analysis Opinion stories
FAITH COLUMN: The biggest challenge we have is to acknowledge that God is larger than we are
The death of a proponent of the prosperity gospel leads to reflection on how Christians deal with those whose beliefs are different.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Columnist Cynthia Tucker didnt read minds in writing her column
Columnist relied on words and accounts of Sarah Palin and Thomas Jefferson in her opinion column.
OPINION: Republicans are missing a chance to resolve problems, opting instead to merely criticize
Without offering alternatives, the GOP is failing to take advantage of missteps by Democrats.
In Afghanistan, it is hard to attempt a count because there is an actual war going on, with no agreement on who qualifies as a civilian. The Los Angeles Times wrote recently about a Sept. 7 drone strike in Kunar Province. U.S. officials told the paper that 11 people died, most of them Taliban fighters; grieving local residents, however, insisted that 14 civilians had been killed. When does a village cease being a village and become a “Taliban stronghold”? When we say so, apparently.
More Analysis Opinion
OPINION: The Iron Bowl just might move to Pasadena in January for a sequel
Don’t discount the value of a little girl and her prayer rug on Auburn Saturdays.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberal pundits are too quick to applaud U.S./Iranian deal
Conflict has been common in the Middle East for thousands of years, and the pact negotiated by the Obama administration likely won’t end it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democratic lawmakers change positions with political winds
Democratic senators who decried idea of the so-called nuclear option when Republicans were in control had no problem hitting the button now.
We in America have gotten used to vast gaps between blacks and whites on test scores. But this was not always the case, in places where there was anything like comparable education.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to read about the Bright Side of life.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everyone is squawking about.
OPINION: Grassroots campaign could impact Albany holiday season
Albany small business owners are challenging their peers to help make the holidays brighter for struggling families.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: Amazon sparks debate with drone delivery project
Will the air one day be buzzing with hundreds of miniature helicopters making deliveries in your neighborhood?
FEATURES COLUMN: Pandel Savic grew up to be a successful businessman
Pandel’s story is a classic, learning a new language, settles in an ethnic neighborhood, and parlays education, hard work, and college football into a golden opportunity.
THE DIXIE DIVA: An encouraging individual can make a difference in another’s life
To give warmth to a person’s body is admirable but to warm his soul with hope is a gift everlasting.
Letters to the Editor
- DAVID SHIVERS: Cynthia Tucker's column is no diatribe
- WARREN D. GRANT: Time will tell on deal with Iran
- DUANE DAVIS: America has taken the wrong direction
- WARREN D. GRANT: Columnist Cynthia Tucker continues divisive writings
- WALT SPECHT: Public housing should be for the poor who are deserving
- SAM HARRIS: Gourmet meals await at Albany Tech
- JOHN BRYANT: Americans are starting to question changes
- FORREST ADAMS: Monroe dancing was inappropriate
- WALT SPECHT: Special recognition of one combat death diminishes others
- MIKE SABOT: Obamacare supporters sold a bad bill of goods
- Dougherty's brightest middle-schoolers go 'bowling'
- Make that really special delivery
- Albany Ward II voters determine today who will be their city commissioner
- Thumbs Up! - Dec.2, 2013
- Don't overlook locally-owned businesses this weekend
- Keep Black Friday Fever under control
- America has good reasons to be thankful
- Clocks ticking down to the holiday season
- Thumbs Up! - Nov. 25, 2013
- Senatorial saucer losing its cool
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Faith is expressed in a myriad of ways
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Republicans should focus on solutions
- ROBINSON: Drones morally questionable go-to weapon
- T. GAMBLE: We can soar like war eagles
- SOWELL: A challenge to our beliefs
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Albany business owners challenge others to adopt families
- LORAN SMITH: Immigrants saga an inspiring story
- RONDA RICH: Encouragement is the milk of kindness
- KEVIN SPROUL: It's all about the youth
- THOMAS: Black Friday another example of a darker turn
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments