Top Analysis Opinion stories
Beginning Wednesday, readers at www.albanyherald.com who post comments will begin using their Facebook accounts to access the online commenting system.
Recently, a group of Seminole County men gathered for dinner as they do every month or so. The purpose was to have some fellowship and discuss the issues of the day. I was quite surprised, but also pleased, when the subject of Butch Mosely and the Dougherty County School System came up last week.
More Analysis Opinion
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald.
Each week Albany Herald researcher Mary Braswell looks for interesting events, places and people from the past. You can contact her at (229) 888-9371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The loud bang startled me and made me jump. What just fell from behind the door? A bat. Another baseball bat. How many bats can one family have, I thought as I picked it up from where it had rolled on the hardwood floor.
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald.
Herald Outdoors Columnist Bob Kornegay recants an adventure with a pesky, bushytailed squirrel this week.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
Nearly 20 years after a Hasidic Jewish boy riding across the Brooklyn Bridge was killed by a Muslim fighting jihad, a British soldier was hacked to death and reportedly beheaded on the streets of London by Muslims fighting jihad.
See who deserves this week's Thumbs Up!
While listening to an NPR report out of Moore, Okla., this week, I was genuinely shocked. Not by the scale of the devastation or the tenacity of people who have grown stoically accustomed to the damage tornados can do, but by a political sentiment that, in almost any other era, would not have been surprising at all.
Pick up a copy of The Herald on Friday to read about some of the good things going on in metro Albany.
Pick up a copy of The Herald on Friday to see what people are squawking about.
Letters to the Editor
- America needs to turn to new course
- Dog owners must be more responsible 2 comments
- America has to be good to be great 1 comment
- Writer offers history of slave trading 2 comments
- American children are too pampered
- Christianity no threat to the U.S. military 7 comments
- No free rides for cosmetologists
- Education coverage needs balance 1 comment
- Frantz family offers thanks
- Volunteers impact the community
- Herald changing online commenting system 33 comments
- Thumbs Up! - May 25, 2013
- Phipps excellent choice for chief judge
- Thumbs Up - May 20, 2013
- Battle over Phoebe North stalling growth 5 comments
- Education makes difference in life 2 comments
- DCSS showing signs of progress 7 comments
- IRS profiled Tea Party, conservatives 12 comments
- Thumbs Up! - May 13, 2013
- The numbers are in for America’s moms
- Looking Back 26 May 2013
- Roaming zombies preparation plan
- Dougherty education vital to region 1 comment
- ‘Office’ joins short list of classic TV shows
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Little sympathy for harried squirrel
- From the Brooklyn Bridge to London, another look is needed
- Oklahoma needs help, not ideology 1 comment
- Obama states there is no more room for excuses 7 comments
- Weather exploited for political gain 1 comment
- Healing is an ongoing process 1 comment
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments