Top Analysis Opinion stories
As critical as the public education system is to the health of a community, Albany and Dougherty County residents have shown little interest in the last two attempts to communicate important information with the public.
Amid all the heated cross-currents of debate about the National Security Agency's massive surveillance program, there is a growing distrust of the Obama administration that makes weighing the costs and benefits of the NSA program itself hard to assess.
More Analysis Opinion
It happened in Memphis. A lot of history and interesting stuff occurs in that magical city that sits grandly on the Mississippi River.
ST. SIMONS ISLAND — Returning to this island, named for the apostle, who was a fisherman, is like going back to homecoming.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
Herald guest columnist Loran Smith writes about Phil Mickelson’s collapse at the U.S. Open and how Lefty’s clock is ticking in his quest to win golf’s second major.
When most of us experience tough times, it becomes difficult to see past our own circumstances. We may shut down and feel sorry for ourselves or even angry at others.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald!
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald!
Hillary Clinton is now on Twitter.
There’s a fundamental conflict at the heart of the Senate debate over the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform bill. Most Republicans believe a policy to integrate 11 million currently illegal immigrants into American society must be conditioned on stronger border security and internal enforcement. Most Democrats don’t. At bottom, that’s what the fight is about.
Among the winners at the Kennedy Center event in Washington, D.C., was Roger Ailes, chairman of Fox News, the bete noire to the broadcast networks and other media elites.
Pick up a copy of the Monday Albany Herald to read about the Bright Side of the community.
Letters to the Editor
- Herbert Phipps deserving of chief judgeship
- Firefighters show ingenuity in rescue
- Welfare mentality destroying the U.S.
- Loss of privacy is not anything new
- Traffic law enforcers deserve our thanks
- Whose interest does Obama have at heart?
- Facebook is more trouble than it's worth
- Scouting change not for the better
- Congress ignores the bigger issues
- America needs to turn to new course
- School system officials need public’s input
- Thumbs Up! - June 17, 2013
- Dads get on-the-job training
- Kay Hind’s life is truly one of impact, achievement
- Edward Snowden stirs up a hornet’s nest for the U.S.
- Thumbs Up! - June 9, 2013
- Can you hear me now, Washington?
- Knives have no place on planes
- Budgeting for city no easy task
- Thumbs Up! - June 3, 2013
- Southern Soul puts soul in barbecue
- Obama's falsehoods damage nation
- Citizens' actions democracy at work
- LORAN SMITH COLUMN: Mickelson’s time is running out
- Give up self-pity and give time to others
- Hillary tweets, pundits wheeze
- Immigration debate is all about security
- Broadcast nets: Ailes what’s good for you
- Googling ourselves to death
- Great Gatsby economics
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments