Top Analysis Opinion stories
OPINION: A mother's concern over a child being cold disregards such trivialities as the actual temperature
One constant of motherhood is an inate concern that, regardless of how hot it is, a cold front could suddenly rush in and find her child jacketless.
OPINION: Faced with indifference, global warming alarmist raise the decibel level
The Obama administration and liberal politicians in general seem to promote climate change fiction in order to gain even more dominance over our lives. Apparently controlling one-sixth of the economy through Obamacare isn’t enough for them.
More Analysis Opinion
Check out today's Bright of the Day!
Check out today's bright of the day!
OPINION: The Obama administrations deportation policy is a travesty
While the president has worked hard to get a reluctant Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform, many immigration advocates say they’d rather see Obama relax his draconian deportation policies.
OPINION: Gov. Corbett has erased deficit without raising taxes, but is vulnerable politically
Gov. Tom Corbett’s biggest challenge won’t come from Democrats, but from his own party where many Republicans contend he isn’t conservative enough.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL BOARD: Good news to start the week.
Thumbs Up! is a weekly editorial focusing on the positive news from Albany and Southwest Georgia.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
Check out today's bright of the day!
The debate over campaign contributions is never-ending for a simple reason: Both sides of the argument have merit.
FEATURE COLUMN: The internet is convenient for shopping, but short on creating memories
Saturday-before-Easter trips to the shoe store a prized memory.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: Returning from death is the ultimate renewal
Easter is a time for finding renewed faith, family and life.
OPINION: Musical nostalgia strengthens father-son bond
Son’s return of long-lost CDs is like being reacquainted with old friends.
HISTORY: Free DDT spraying was available for rural homes in Southwest Georgia.
Phoebe Putney Hospital was suffering financial woes while the Albany Undertaking Company was thriving.
OUTDOORS: Ghosts of battles haunt areas of natures beauty
Nature and history are often intertwined.
OPINION: In her four years as secertary of state, Hillary Clinton has no achievements to point to
As she eyes a run at the presidency, Hillary Clinton has there is no single, momentous thing that she can point to as having achieved during her years as the nation’s top diplomat.
OPINION: Jeb Bush is exception to the general gloomy pessimism of the Republican Party
Jeb Bush is critical of President Obama, but he does not suggest, as so many in his party do, that because of President Barack Obama, the United States is on a path to decline and ruin.
Letters to the Editor
- MARCIA JOHNSON: Emergency medical team a blessing to patient, family
- WALT SPECHT: Vermont visits always enlighten
- JOHN BRYANT: Moving ahead is only backing up
- WARREN D. GRANT: Divert money from parks and the Civic Center to pay law enforcement better salaries
- SHARISSE KELLY: Law enforcement officers deserve higher pay
- BETTY MCDONALD: Death of Leola Williams a loss to family and co-workers
- JOHN BRYANT: Bill Clinton had strong economic record
- BOB LOGAN: Confederate memorial service set for Dougherty and Lee counties April 5
- WALT SPECHT: America should be worlds top manufacturer
- JOHN A. TAYLOR: Republicans run up bills for future generations
- Retirees bring much to the community
- Thumbs Up! April 21, 2014
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- RANCE PETTIBONE: Racism is still strong in America
- Television dogs man's best friends
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Finding favor with Caribbean Flavor
- LORAN SMITH: Paul Herring, a real Greatest Generation hero
- JOE GANDELMAN: The fall of the House of Bush
- E. J. DIONNE: New York City mayor offers no apologies
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Russian agreement just what the KGB ordered
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: U.S. deportation policy impolitic, inhumane
- MICHAEL REAGAN: Pennsylvania cannot afford to lose Gov. Tom Corbett
- KRAUTHAMMER: With campaign donations, the zealots win again
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments