Top Analysis Opinion stories
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Better technology could help students improve performance
With the exposure kids today have to technology, the Dougherty County School System’s technology initiative could be a step in the right direction.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Legal Services Program provides service to those outside Atlanta who canot afford a lawyer
GLSP earned national recognition for implementing innovative strategies to meet recession-driven legal needs in the face of a 20 percent cut in its budget.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Will it take an injury to a well-known person to spark action?
It may take a wreck involving a high-profile individual before needed action is taken at a dangerous interection north of Albany on U.S. Highway 82.
More Analysis Opinion
GUEST COMMENTARY: The Albany area should show its pride in the record-setting athlete and teacher
Alice Coachman made us proud to be from Albany. Now it’s our turn to make her proud.
I would have made a great poet laureate. But, alas, the good folks at the Library of Congress didn’t seem to think so and it is their vote that counts. I think they were swayed by the fact that Dr. Wright, a retired professor at the University of Virginia, has won a Pulitzer Prize and a bunch of other awards for his poetry.
FAITH: Occasional change can help us appreciate different aspects of the Trinity.
Overlook that you’ll be in a congregation of strangers. In Christ all are brothers and sisters. Just go. You’ll be glad you did.
Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out what everybody’s squawking about.
OPINION: President, Democrats may be losing iron grip on African-American voters
Criticism of President Barack Obama from African Americans in Chicago would have been regarded as the political equivalent of heresy a few years ago.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: Alice Coachman Davis lived a life worth celebrating
Alice Coachman Davis, an Albany native and the first African-American woman to win a gold medal at the Olympics, will be remembered as an inspiration and teacher, as well as a world-class athlete.
Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out about the Bright Side of life.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Taxpayers paying for people who kill
Those responsible for others’ death get jail time, and taxpayers foot the bill.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany worse off without Taylor
Albany is a better place because of James Taylor’s vision for its future.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Elk Lodge a good place for all times and places
We are so glad to learn Jon DuMond is putting new blood and life into the Elk Lodge #713.
OPINION: Soccer fans get excessively excited over boring stuff
According to recent reports, the United States may be finally joining the world in its soccer craze.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald!
With public opinion polls showing President Obama’s sinking approval rate, in the wake of his administration’s multiple fiascoes and scandals — the disgraceful treatment of veterans who need medical care, the Internal Revenue Service coverups, the tens of thousands of children flooding across our open border — Republicans have created two new distractions that may yet draw attention away from the Democrats’ troubles.
The University of Georgia’s chapel, offers an atmosphere to make a wedding that will leave you with elevated emotions.
Where better for a ceremony, garnished with originality, to be hosted and embraced than in the University of Georgia’s chapel.
DIXIE DIVA: Southern Living creates a change that has won me over
Like most Southerners, I have an aversion to change which is why our traditions have such strangle hold. We never let go.
Letters to the Editor
- EDWARD SCHWEIKERT: Traffic light needed at Oakland on U.S. Highway 82
- JUDY GLASS: Dougherty School System should address technology initiative
- PATRISE M. PERKINS-HOOKER: Georgia Leagal Services earns national award
- EDWARD SCHWEIKERT: Nude beach unlikely on Tybee Island
- WALT SPECHT: Senate candidates in it for themselves
- JOHN LAKE ADAMS: Copy of presidential biking award sought
- NADINE MATHIS: Taxpayers pay for court’s decisions
- R HOCUTT: Albany could see tough times ahead
- WYMAN AND ELLEN TREADAWAY: Elk Lodge provides great memories
- WALT SPECHT: David Perdue not needed in U.S. Senate
- Election surprises erode trust in democracy
- Federal courts take opposing views on ACA subsidies
- Thumbs Up! July 21, 2014
- Alice Coachman Davis a rare treasure
- Can a burned bridge be repaired this quickly?
- Thumbs Up! July 7, 2014
- A shining moment in a time of darkness
- We should be thankful to be Americans
- Thumbs Up! June 30, 2014
- Bullying has no place in school
- E.J. DIONNE: Justice blinded by ideology
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Kindness, gentleness on endangered list
- CAL THOMAS: Border move by Texas governor a bold one
- CATHERINE RAMPELL: Limousine liberalisms good works
- SOWELL: Bordering on madness
- LORAN SMITH: Tiger Mountain Vineyards offers smorgasbord of hospitality
- CARLTON FLETCHER: When it comes to camp songs, you can’t beat the classics
- THOMAS: No more aid to the Palestinian Authority
- E.J. DIONNE: Will Flight 17 sober us up?
- MICHAEL GERSON: The dystopia next door
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments