HISTORY: See what was happening in and around Albany in Novembers past.
Voters overwhelmingly supported a bond issue that allowed for the building of Albany Junior College.
OPINION: Even thicker skin can be penetrated with barbs
Relevance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
THE OLD ROCKER: Bird names plentiful in music history
The most successful of the bird groups was the Eagles, who formed in 1971 in Los Angeles.
FEATURES COLUMN: There's no such thing as a box of dressing
Just the other day, I wondered if the young girl (who asked how many boxes of dressing she needed) had ever tasted real dressing, and I actually felt sorry for those who have never had the pleasure.
OPINION: Is a Georgia politician destined for the White House in 2016?
Junior reminded me a couple of weeks ago that he was going to wait for everybody else to give you their two cents worth on the election results, and then he would come in with the numbers behind the numbers. I have no idea what that means. I assume Junior does.
OPINION: President Obama gives up on politics with power play
Obama has now officially abandoned the harder path — not because the issues surrounding immigration will never be resolved (a case no one has adequately made) but because he wants to be the president to resolve them.
OPINION: Economic news from Japan and Europe is not good
The U.S. corporate rate, 35 percent, encourages businesses to move overseas and protect their profits from U.S. tax collectors; more than $2 trillion is stashed abroad, according to independent research firm Capital Economics.
FAITH: What might Sabbath observance look like in your life?
I have discovered in my older age and in my retirement that for the first time in my adult life all days are potentially just about the same, which makes it even more imperative that I become intentional in observing the Sabbath, a practice I find deeply satisfying even in my imperfect practice of it.
FAITH: A proper perspective is needed on the challenges in life
Numbers of us know from our own experience that where there is gratitude. fear and anxiety have lessened.
The Foo Fighters Sonic Highways inspires memories of my own musical journey.
OPINION: Palestinian leaders condemn Israeli murders, yet continue to teach hatred of Jews
The murder on Tuesday of five people and the serious wounding of several others while they were praying at a synagogue in Jerusalem is only the latest in a continuing pattern of violence and hatred directed against Israel and the Jewish people.
OPINION: When will Republicans accept the Affordable care Act?
Another year, another HealthCare.gov enrollment period and another series of Republican efforts to repeal, defund or otherwise dismantle the Affordable Care Act. So when will the GOP learn to stop worrying and love Obamacare?
OPINION: In the 1960s, dentists seemed to be more ominous
When I was a child, if given a choice between being buried to my neck in a fire ant bed or going to the dentist, I would have chosen the fire ants.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Mulch gives landscapes curb appeal and unique character
Organic mulches are effective, but mineral and synthetic (inorganic) mulches can also make good mulching choices.
THE DIXIE DIVA: Volunteering for VBS can be a learning experience
In the kitchen and dining room, we saw women who unselfishly put aside their own work and prepared food all day for 200 children.
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 23, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 17, 2014
- In thanking veterans, actions are louder than words
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 10, 2014
- What just happened?
- Voters have a duty to go to the polls
- Buster Posey's Giants are earning dynasty label
- The late Billy C. Black deserving of Albany State University honor
- Thumbs Up! Oct. 20, 2014
- Squawk of the Day - Oct. 17, 2014
Letters to the Editor
- PAUL J. PENA: Upgraded missile defense is U.S.'s best security
- SUZI BONIFAY: Criticism is easy; solutions are hard
- WALT SPECHT: Automation erases too many jobs
- ROBERT BROWN: Obamacare proponents banked on stupidity of voters
- JOHN MCRAE: Second District missing voice on Georgia School Board
- WARREN D. GRANT: here comes the next election
- ERNEST R. SMITH: GOP, do it right this time
- JOHN MCRAE: Interesting week for Dougherty schools
- RONALD W. HARRIS: Albany loses one of its best
- PEGGY CHERRY: Ezekiel Holley best choice in House District 151
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments