OPINION: Rubio may be the Republican the Democrats most fear
We are moving beyond the “who won” stage in these Republican debates into the “who would you be most comfortable with as president” and “who is best equipped to defeat Hillary Clinton?” The answer to both questions seems to be Sen. Marco Rubio.
OPINION: There is more to a childs question than it first appears
The real topic this child was exploring was temptation. How long does it take before temptation is introduced into a situation? How long before a person succumbs to temptation? Can one successfully resist temptation for all time?
OPINION: Understanding the relationship between a person and a pillow
These TV infomercials tend to be just a bit overstated.
GUEST COLUMNIST: Consolidation will spoils missions of Darton and Albany State
When I came to Albany last year, I fell in love with the people, the culture and the history; Albany sure has a lot for a city its size. That makes this “merger” even worse for me, because this will hurt Darton, Albany State and the city itself.
OPINION: For some, skin color trumps all issues
Sadly, even in the year 2015 people are making political choices based on race.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: A weekly look at home gardens and landscapes
Plans are being made for our Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. And our landscape beds await as refreshing mulches are on their way.
THE DIXIE DIVA: We all have favorite people and favorite places
I love people who have colorful personalities with strong opinions wrapped in courtly charm.
OPINION: There are 19.3 million living U.S. veterans
Of Ameria’s 19.3 million living military veterans, roughly half are 65 or older and 2 million are younger than 35.
OPINION: Riders to legislation have been used and abused by both parties
Congress has decided how much money the government should spend overall, but not how to allocate that money among the many things the government does. And right now, the biggest sticking point involves “riders,” a term you should expect to hear a lot in the coming weeks.
OPINION: Never pass up a chance to say thank you to a U.S. veteran
Grumbling and griping is only human, but very few civilian jobs offer anything like the kind of stress weighing on those who defend our country.
OPINION: More Americans trained in IT, STEM fields than jobs available
Exploiters of the H-1B loophole use foreign workers to fill jobs that Americans are fully capable of filling.
OPINION: According to Gallup, Carson among most popular presidential candidates
Count me among those who are skeptical that Ben Carson’s stock will remain high throughout the primary season.
OPINION: Pet owners think nothing of soiling others' property
Dog owners who encourage their pets to soil others’ yards are some of life’s lowest creatures.
THE OLD ROCKER: Group topped the country in hits and sales from 1969 to 1974
Cory Wells, co-founder of the immensely popular 1970s rock band Three Dog Night died on Oct. 21 in his hometown of Buffalo, N.Y. Wells had been fighting cancer.
History: Sesame Street has won more Emmy Awards than any TV show in American history
Did you know that Big Bird stands 8 feet, 2 inches tall?
- Thumbs Up!
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 9, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Jane Willson invested herself in the community
- Thumbs Up!
- EDITORIAL: Albany State University president acts quickly, decisively
- EDITORIAL: Back the Blue a needed sign of support
- Thumbs Up! Oct. 19, 215
- Homecoming a rosy one for Albany State University
- Thumbs Up!
- Thumbs Up!
Letters to the Editor
- BILL BATES: The job of education falls to the educators
- EZEKIEL HOLLEY: Medicaid expansion needed in Georgia
- DUANE 'BANJO' DAVIS: Unborn babies deserve humane treatment, too
- JACKIE POWELL: Patrons make yard sale fundraiser successful
- DAVID SHERMAN JR.: A world that is beauty-obsessed
- RON VARGO: Roger Marietta has been there when needed
- KERMIT S. DOROUGH JR.: Chad Warbington would be good steward
- TOM CONNELLY: Easter Seals provides critical services to those with disabilities
- FREDDIE POWELL SIMS: Roger Marietta is a champion for Ward 4 and Albany
- BOB LANGSTAFF: Chad Warbington best choice for Ward 4 commissioner
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments