The Obama administration keeps trying to restore funding for UNESCO, which in 2011 defied the U.S. in recognizing Palestine. What kind of signal is this to the rest of the world?
OUTDOORS: How can you beat a meal seasoned with ashes and a variety of flying bugs?
Mother Nature has a way of making outdoor cooking particularly adventurous.
OPINION: School choice would bring competition to the education field
Parents and children want to have choice in where those children are educated, but that runs into conflict with unions and politicians.
I wish I had more time to expound on this subject with you but I must get back to the serious responsibilities with which you have entrusted me — providing you with in-depth analyses on current issues. For future reference, please know that I am currently compiling a comprehensive list of parallels between Obamacare and a turkey.
FAITH: Ministers can offer a different perspective on church-owned housing
What kind of home is appropriate for a pastor? The answer depends on the socio-economic level of that congregation, the neighborhood where the church is located, the symbolic message the church wants to convey the community and its members and even the kind of pastor who may be attracted to congregation with a home in a certain school zone or ZIP code.
OPINION: Minimum wage efforts are designed to motivate the Democratic Party base
An increase in minimum wage is a decent idea, but only in times of economic stability.
OPINION: Hitting its 7 million sign-up goal should have been a moment of truth
By reaching the White House’s stated goal for sign-ups, opponents and doomsayers about the Affordable Care Act should be exposed for their false predictions.
Like those who are disappointed with Barack Obama’s domestic policies, critics of his foreign policy may be ignoring the fact that you cannot know whether someone is failing or succeeding without knowing what he is trying to do.
HEALTH & FITNESS: Warmer weather means it is time to enjoy outdoor activities
Turn off the TV, tablet and video games and turn on to some fresh air and sunshine.
FEATURES COLUMN: Louise Jordan is the only Bulldog fan who can claim to have attended the dedication of Sanford Stadium
At 101, the sparking, charming Louis Jordan can talk about any subject, from the day’s headlines to the prospects of the Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Braves.
OPINION: What self-respecting dude will pay to see The Notebook?
When it comes to Guy Movies and Chick Flicks, the battle of the sexes heats up.
SHERIFF'S COLUMN: Governor's signature will make the bills law
The following are a few of the bills that were passed and adopted by the Senate and House of Representatives and await the Governor’s signature before being enacted into law or vetoed.
It wasn’t so long ago that conservative Christians believed Hollywood to be evil and some preachers instructed their congregations not to go to movies lest they be tempted beyond their ability to resist. Now Christians are debating film content. That’s progress of a sort.
OPINION: criticism of Michelle Obama has gotten downright ugly
Every first lady faces trials, and Hillary Clinton’s years in the White House were certainly no picnic. Even Laura Bush felt the sting now and then. But the harsh barrage against Mrs. Obama, often in the most personal terms, is in a class of its own.
OPINION: The value of work should unite all political ideologies
Many conservatives realize they need to embrace hardworking Americans, but the question is what they are willing to do about it.
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
Letters to the Editor
- MARCIA JOHNSON: Emergency medical team a blessing to patient, family
- WALT SPECHT: Vermont visits always enlighten
- JOHN BRYANT: Moving ahead is only backing up
- WARREN D. GRANT: Divert money from parks and the Civic Center to pay law enforcement better salaries
- SHARISSE KELLY: Law enforcement officers deserve higher pay
- BETTY MCDONALD: Death of Leola Williams a loss to family and co-workers
- JOHN BRYANT: Bill Clinton had strong economic record
- BOB LOGAN: Confederate memorial service set for Dougherty and Lee counties April 5
- WALT SPECHT: America should be worlds top manufacturer
- JOHN A. TAYLOR: Republicans run up bills for future generations
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments