OPINION: Kindness of strangers in short supply
Has America’s struggles killed off the true spirit of Christmas?
OPINION: Ralph Hudgens applauds insurance exclusion for pre-existing illnesses
Georgia’s insurance commissioner suggests sick people are responsible for their own illnesses.
OPINION: Grassroots campaign could impact Albany holiday season
Albany small business owners are challenging their peers to help make the holidays brighter for struggling families.
OPINION: Tangibles, intangibles vital to one person's cancer survival
Promoting early detection is the goal that inspires cancer survivors to tell their stories.
OPINION: 'Cancer Chronicles' features survivors, medical heroes
Cancer survivors tell their individual stories in a special holiday series.
OPINION: Promise of help from minister comes at a cost
Despite a growing number of religious scandals, there are still righteous men and women who serve God.
OPINION: Architect's extra efforts snubbed by Aviation Commission
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission didnt see a reason to reward architect for voluntarily going the extra mile when considering a project bid.
OPINION: Taxes collected from local sales impact services in a community
Local merchants are “dreaming green” as the holiday shopping season kicks into high gear.
OPINION: Congress continues to fail those who put its members in office
Republicans in Congress are using the food of poor people as a bargaining chip to exert control.
OPINION: Candidates strategy paid off in landslide victory
B.J. Fletcher won her seat on the Albany City Commission the old fashioned way: She earned it.
OPINION: An unbiased media is no longer the norm in 21st-century America
Much of the overall failure of our elected leaders lies at the feet of an unprincipled media.
OPINION: Albany Rescue Mission will be recognized with an Albany mayoral proclamation
Larry Hample and the Albany Rescue Mission have served thousands of homeless people over the last 25 years.
Opinion column: Paul McCartney’s latest album is his best in years
Former Beatle Paul McCartney proves he’s no nostalgia act with his stunningly brilliant new album “New.”
Businessman Bo Henry drove by Veterans Park while running some recent errands, and a thought hit him.
A continuing disagreement between city and county officials threatens the collection of LOST funds for the next decade.
- Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line big winners at American Country Awards
- Know of some good places to see Christmas lights?
- Americus Tour of Homes showcases historic buildings
- Blakely presenting holiday festival
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Dec. 11-17, 2013
- LORAN SMITH: Still dreaming of a white Christmas
- Have yourself a very classic Christmas
- RONDA RICH: Have we forgotten about the American Dream?
- JIM HENDRICKS: Now that's a negotiator
- Callaway Lakes home December Yard of the Month in Albany
- Thumbs Up! - Dec. 9, 2013
- Life of Nelson Mandela is to be celebrated
- On a day of celebration, Pearl Harbor's lessons still important
- Dougherty's brightest middle-schoolers go 'bowling'
- Make that really special delivery
- Albany Ward II voters determine today who will be their city commissioner
- Thumbs Up! - Dec.2, 2013
- Don't overlook locally-owned businesses this weekend
- Keep Black Friday Fever under control
- America has good reasons to be thankful