OPINION: Bargain shopping is encoded on women’s DNA
When it comes to finding products at the lowest possible prices, men can’t hold a candle to their female counterparts.
OPINION: Give leaders a break; they're representing their constituents
Maybe we should take a look in the mirror before we become too critical of our elected leaders.
OPINION: Veterans Memorial Highway to be named in honor of war fighters’ ultimate sacrifice
Twenty-two Lee Countians who lost their lives in service to the country are to be memorialized.
OPINION: TV reporter, writer lived a compelling life to the end
Getting to know journalist Ed Lightsey proves that misguided first impressions aren’t always the best.
OPINION: Respect for artists who make joyful, beautiful noise
Music fans know: One person’s noise is others’ slice of heaven.
OPINION: Historic collaborative effort could have far-reaching impact
The presidents of Albany’s institutions of higher education are working with the county school system’s superintendent to improve education.
OPINION: Albany leaders face tough choice on pit bull ordinance
A mother’s tragic story offers another side to Albany’s proposed pit bull ordinance.
OPINION: Albany officials encouraged after annual retreat
Albany city leaders say they recharged their batteries at a two-day-plus reteat in Thomasville.
OPINION: State headed back to the days of the Wild West
Proposed gun legislation in the Georgia legislature allows deadly weapons to be legally carried in churches and bars.
OPINION: Drastic remakes of Dougherty Commission, School Board possible
With a number of seats up for grabs and key officials set to step down, the 2014 local elections will bring significant changes.
OPINION: World celebrates famous Fab Four anniversary
Beatlemania flourished in America 50 years ago after John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr appeared on a popular TV show.
OPINION: Proposed House bill would strictly limit access to medical cannabis oil
A Republican Georgia representative has introduced a bill that would make medical marijuana legal in the state.
OPINION: ‘Prepare for worst, hope for best’ worked nicely in Albany, Dougherty County
Government leaders often draw our ire, but area officials deserve praise for their preparedness during the recent winter storm event.
OPINION: Music moves front and center at Grammy Awards
The folks who put on the annual Grammy awards show focused on the music this year, making the show a memorable one.
OPINION: Who needs evidence when you have got Sarah Palin and the Koch brothers?
A winter cold snap brings out the climate change deniers who have no use for scientific data.
- Births - March 16, 2014
- Driving for laughs (Video and Photo Gallery)
- J.J. EDGE: Spring is time to make a splash ... safely
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 16-24, 2014
- BARRY LEVINE: Rock songs used in advertising promos
- The ride of his life (WITH VIDEO)
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back, March 16, 2014
- SCA middle school drama students to present their spring production
- Albany Almanac - March 15, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Praying Satan out of the banking business
- Thumbs Up! March 17, 2014
- Dr. Leroy Bynum opens a new chapter in his career
- Thumbs Up! March 10, 2014
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential