OPINION: TV reporter, writer lived a compelling life to the end
Getting to know journalist Ed Lightsey proves that misguided first impressions aren’t always the best.
OPINION: Respect for artists who make joyful, beautiful noise
Music fans know: One person’s noise is others’ slice of heaven.
OPINION: Historic collaborative effort could have far-reaching impact
The presidents of Albany’s institutions of higher education are working with the county school system’s superintendent to improve education.
OPINION: Albany leaders face tough choice on pit bull ordinance
A mother’s tragic story offers another side to Albany’s proposed pit bull ordinance.
OPINION: Albany officials encouraged after annual retreat
Albany city leaders say they recharged their batteries at a two-day-plus reteat in Thomasville.
OPINION: State headed back to the days of the Wild West
Proposed gun legislation in the Georgia legislature allows deadly weapons to be legally carried in churches and bars.
OPINION: Drastic remakes of Dougherty Commission, School Board possible
With a number of seats up for grabs and key officials set to step down, the 2014 local elections will bring significant changes.
OPINION: World celebrates famous Fab Four anniversary
Beatlemania flourished in America 50 years ago after John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr appeared on a popular TV show.
OPINION: Proposed House bill would strictly limit access to medical cannabis oil
A Republican Georgia representative has introduced a bill that would make medical marijuana legal in the state.
OPINION: ‘Prepare for worst, hope for best’ worked nicely in Albany, Dougherty County
Government leaders often draw our ire, but area officials deserve praise for their preparedness during the recent winter storm event.
OPINION: Music moves front and center at Grammy Awards
The folks who put on the annual Grammy awards show focused on the music this year, making the show a memorable one.
OPINION: Who needs evidence when you have got Sarah Palin and the Koch brothers?
A winter cold snap brings out the climate change deniers who have no use for scientific data.
OPINION: Unable to withstand the call of the wall
A weekend construction project offers a reminder of where “word-typer” lands on the manliness scale.
OPINION: New Jersey governor just doing what politicians do
Color me not very surprised by latest “scandal” involving New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
OPINION: Procedure will delay implementation of specific-breed dangerous dog ordinance
An Albany city commissioner’s call for a second reading of a pit bull ordinance delays implementation of the ordinance.
- Pecan City Pedalers excited about BMX track changes
- Albany Almanac - March 8, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- Albany Almanac - March 7, 2014
- Albany Heart Walk set for Saturday
- Twin Oaks to present two weekends of entertainment
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- T. GAMBLE: Just not cut out to be in this year
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014
- Georgia taking this winter storm seriously
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 10, 2014