OPINION: Officials who should know better get facts wrong
Albany’s Job-Enhancement Fund misunderstood by high-ranking officials.
OPINION: Rookie chief stands firm in face of commission interrogation
New Albany Police Department Chief Michael Persley earns respect in his first public challenge on the job.
MUSIC REVIEW: Home-grown country music superstar's new album due for release Aug. 7
Luke Bryan’s exploration of some of life’s grown-up mysteries helps make his latest batch of songs his best album ever, a tour de force that should keep him on the country album and singles charts for the next several months.
OPINION: Party politics has made America meaner
Partisan party politics is making Americans a lot meaner.
OPINION: Some lawsuits have perverted the concept of justice
Victimhood has become a lucrative profession for some who hire the right lawyer.
OPINION: Online reviews open door for mean-spirited commentary
Social media review sites offer opportunities to hurt businesses.
OPINION: A 239-year-old historic document needs an updated makeover
America in 2015 is ready for a July 4th Declaration of Dependence.
OPINION: Recreation Director Joel Holmes plans to use funding to bring shows to Albany venue
Funding in the city of Albany’s budget is included for the promotion of events at the long-dormant Albany Civic Center.
OPINION: All the cliches resurface when there's a gun-related tragedy
Right on cue, the NRA propaganda machine cranked up in the aftermath of the South Carolina church shooting.
OPINION: Singer Marc Cohn stirs memories of the bond between father and son
Some songs have the capacity to stir feelings and emotions that are buried soul deep.
OPINION: Candidate Jeb Bushs family failures impossible to shake
All these candidates running for president, and we’re staring at the prospects of another Bush or Clinton.
OPINION: Is strict adherence to rule worth students' futures?
An area student pays a stiff price for an innocent enough mistake.
OPINION: Roberson, Albany employees impressive at City Commission meeting
Albany government officials offer an optimistic look at the coming fiscal year during Tuesday’s City Commission meeting.
OPINION: OMG, you actually write down words? LOL
Stringing together the appropriate words is becoming a lost art.
OPINION: Teen pop star provides his own accompaniment at Valdosta show
Canadian singing sensation Shawn Mendes draws the adoring shrieks of teens and tweens during his Wild Adventures performance.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Albany Almanac - July 30, 2015
- Albany Burn Fest offers multiple attractions
- SOWEGA Council on Aging preparing for annual Comedy Night
- Illusionist sells the impossible
- EDDIE SEAGLE: Notes of landscape interest
- RONDA RICH: Orphaned later in life
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - July 29-Aug. 4, 2015
- JULIE WELLS: Roasted peaches simply another way to enjoy delicious fruit
- LORAN SMITH: Margraten keeps memory of WWII servicemen alive
- Work from young artists sought for front page
- Thumbs Up! July 27, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Marketing order for pecans a smart move
- EDITORIAL: Protecting our protectors here at home
- EDITORIAL: Will Iran honor the nuclear programs agreement?
- Thumbs Up! July 6, 2015
- Thumbs Up: June 29, 2015
- Thumbs Up! June 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Outrage, sadness over murders of churchgoers
- Thumbs Up! June 15, 2015
- Thumbs Up! June 8, 2015