OPINION: Films can uplift or emphasize our inadequacies
Even with the best movies, there’s a risk-reward dynamic involved.
OPINION: Being a grown-up means not worrying about spoiled dinners
Being a grown-up means deciding your own candy intake.
OPINION: In the age of texting, our language continues to devolve
Anyone who can write a coherent sentence today should send a note of thanks to an English teacher.
OPINION: Correct word needed to describe hip-hop artist's personality
Sometimes the word that perfectly describes someone is just not printable in a family publication.
OPINION: Coca-Cola messes up a good thing with ill-conceived Vanilla Coke
A casual purchase leads to the realization that perfection cannot be tampered with.
OPINION: Welcoming home some 1,200 long, lost friends
The time was finally right over the weekend to reacquaint myself with my vinyl album collection.
OPINION: Musician registers complaints about local music venues, promoters
An Albany musician offers his own state-of-the-music report on area venues and gig opportunities.
OPINION: Mayor, three Albany City Commission seats will be up for election
Municipal elections are seven months away, but Albany races are expected to heat up long before then.
OPINION: Former Yankee's tell-all book changed sports forever
Rereading Ball Four reminds the writer what an impact the book had on his life.
OPINION: Lee, Dougherty roadways overflowing with residents’ litter
Hands down, Southwest Georgia is one of, if not the, trashiest places in the state.
OPINION: Modern popular music leaves little room for new acts
It’s a numbers game with today’s popular music, and the numbers are much smaller.
OPINION: Smart women know why men really grow whiskers
The never-ending battle of the sexes even surfaces in the debate over beards.
OPINION: Interim city manager has pushed beneficial agenda
As an interim employee, Tom Berry has been able to push through politically iffy city measures.
OPINION: Retiring oncologist touched thousands of lives during amazing career
Dr. Phillip Roberts carries a legacy of healing and caring into his well-deserved retirement.
OPINION: Inspiration comes with no legs and two wheels
Images help put life’s hardships — real and imagined — in perspective.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Timeless fun and fellowship to be had in the Shire of Ravenwood | PHOTO GALLERY
- BARRY LEVINE: Add Sedaka, Maestro to the list of Hall of Fame talent
- MARY BRASWELL: A look back at the much-loved Dr. Seuss
- Crowdis a man of integrity
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 1-9, 2015
- ALBANY BIRTHS: Feb. 15 - 23, 2015
- MANDY FLYNN: Well, that's just fabulous ... really fabulously fabulous
- Celebrity chefs mold home cooks into All Stars
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: For most kids' activities, water's the best drink
- 2015 Relay for Life fast approaching
- Thumbs Up!
- Scammers add stress to tax season
- Thumbs Up! Jan 26, 2015
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 19, 2015
- Time is now to address Georgia's transportation needs
- Another year, another scam
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 12, 2015
- France murders a sober reminder
- Is cooperation on the agendas of Congress and the White House?
- Light a candle to brighten 2015