OPINION: Musician registers complaints about local music venues, promoters
An Albany musician offers his own state-of-the-music report on area venues and gig opportunities.
OPINION: Mayor, three Albany City Commission seats will be up for election
Municipal elections are seven months away, but Albany races are expected to heat up long before then.
OPINION: Former Yankee's tell-all book changed sports forever
Rereading Ball Four reminds the writer what an impact the book had on his life.
OPINION: Lee, Dougherty roadways overflowing with residents’ litter
Hands down, Southwest Georgia is one of, if not the, trashiest places in the state.
OPINION: Modern popular music leaves little room for new acts
It’s a numbers game with today’s popular music, and the numbers are much smaller.
OPINION: Smart women know why men really grow whiskers
The never-ending battle of the sexes even surfaces in the debate over beards.
OPINION: Interim city manager has pushed beneficial agenda
As an interim employee, Tom Berry has been able to push through politically iffy city measures.
OPINION: Retiring oncologist touched thousands of lives during amazing career
Dr. Phillip Roberts carries a legacy of healing and caring into his well-deserved retirement.
OPINION: Inspiration comes with no legs and two wheels
Images help put life’s hardships — real and imagined — in perspective.
OPINION: Sorry, self-righteous, Hanukkah has dibs on holiday season
The joy of Christmas still has room for a lot of sad songs.
OPINION: Mom-and-pops fight uphill battle against retail giants
Pledge will mean additional business for locally-owned retailers.
OPINION: Long-time civil servant plans to devote more time to business, family
Jeff Sinyard will preside over his final meeting of the Dougherty County Commission Monday.
OPINION: Media kept elections close to generate more ad revenue
The only surprise rising from last month’s general election in Georgia is that some were surprised by the results.
CARLTON FLETCHER: Albany State University President Art Dunning wants seat at economic development table
OPINION: Albany State president: There's so much potential here
Albany State University President Art Dunning says higher education can have a huge impact on the region’s economic development.
OPINION: Deadly incident widens the breach of American race relations
Extremists on both sides of the color divide have used the shooting of Michael Brown to illustrate the worst of each other.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Church offers a dose of REALity
- Albany Almanac - Jan. 31, 2015
- Georgia company recalling pecan product because of possible salmonella
- HAL BRADY: The story you leave behind
- CREEDE HINSHAW: An app to track worship attendance?
- Outta tha Box
- Alabama, Hank Jr., Bret Michaels to play fourth Toadlick Festival
- Big Guava, Shaky Knees fests feature alternative rockers
- Days to Come, Mopeland throw down in Battle of the Bands pre-battle
- Albany Almanac - Jan. 30, 2015
- Scammers add stress to tax season
- Thumbs Up! Jan 26, 2015
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 19, 2015
- Time is now to address Georgia's transportation needs
- Another year, another scam
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 12, 2015
- France murders a sober reminder
- Is cooperation on the agendas of Congress and the White House?
- Light a candle to brighten 2015
- The spirit of giving