OPINION: Vacation trip provides 800 miles of clarity
A vacation trip reintroduces a father and daughter to family values.
OPINION: No classic song on horizon to displace Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway'
A recent music countdown proves once again the best rock music ever was made in the 1970s.
OPINION: Combined agencies would have greater impact
Albany’s service agencies that fight homelessness would have greater resources if united.
OPINION: Georgia Legislature makes sure weapons are handy anywhere
Georgia lawmakers are making it easy for gun owners to carry their weapons anywhere.
MUSIC REVIEW: 'Sailing' singer gets a few things off his chest on exceptional new work
Eighties Grammy darling Christopher Cross is set to release an album of new material on Sept. 12.
OPINION: Orange may be new black, but broad backside is new hot
Prodigious posteriors were the focus of the MTV Video Music Awards.
OPINION: Aviation Commission asked to ignore deadline and reconsider nominations
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission is ordered to include Gloria Gaines as a candidate despite her late application.
OPINION: Agency must redirect focus to maintain downtown relevance
Action by the quasi-governmental Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority has sparked debate about its future.
OPINION: Cover songs -- good and bad -- are a staple in music
Purists have made certain the author knows the difference between a John Prine original and a cover by John Denver.
OPINION: Dreaded cooking show has become must-see TV
Somewhere along the way, I’ve started to care about a cooking/reality TV show.
OPINION: Support necessary to keep weekly Tift Park event viable
Event organizers are guarding against a letdown at a weekly community marketplace.
OPINION: Former city manager settling into Florida retirement
James Taylor says he’s done well in the month since he left Albany.
OPINION: The interim Albany city manager wastes no time in taking bold action
Albany interim City Manager Tom Berry’s plan will bring about restructuring of the city government.
OPINION: Darrel Ealum’s tenure in Atlanta is expected to draw close scrutiny
Months from taking office, Darrel Ealum is already the subject of both Democratic and Republican whisper campaigns.
OPINION: Much tougher cities than Albany have seen redevelopment
Cowardly words and actions help eradicate the American spirit.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Blue Cross dropping Medicare plan for Georgia state retirees
- Thousands of pink and blue crosses in Dougherty County protest abortion
- Albany Almanac - Sept. 17, 2014
- Fishing rodeo for youth this weekend in Albany
- Albany girl, Hannah Cate, battling Down Syndrome and leukemia
- RONDA RICH: Old money, old South
- JULIE WELLS: Creamed spinach a heart-healthy, flavorful dish
- POW/MIA events at Georgia Southwestern State University start today
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Sept. 17-23, 2014
- Eliminate Dance cancelled
- Shiloh Baptist Church deserving of recognition
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 15, 2014
- Strong action needed now against ISIL
- Truett Cathy succeeded by doing it his way
- America must stand tall and stand together
- The Internet an asset that can devour
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 1, 2014
- A welcomed pause in the violence
- Thumbs Up! August 25, 2014
- ISIL's threat to America a real one