OPINION: Got financial problems? TV evangelists still want your check
Many TV evangelists are still offering a spiritual pathway, but at a cost to you that supports their own high-priced lifestyles.
OPINION: Change comes when people are willing to take risks
If enough individuals are willing to work to bring about change in their community, change will come.
OPINION: West Florida city has completely remade its crumbling downtown
Pensacola, Fla.’s downtown a decade ago looked much like Albany’s. Now it is a resurrected showcase.
OPINION: City's slumlords not held to any standards
Some Albany landlords and property owners maintain substandard rental units because no property codes are in place.
OPINION: Proposed legislation will curtail or end use of products deemed harmful
Leaked information from secret government hearings indicate cellphone usage in vehicles and tobacco products may soon be things of the past.
OPINION: Quest for 'realism' is chipping away at standards of decency
Swearing, once the secret language of boys being naughty, is becoming all too common.
OPINION: City must overcome infestation of Thugs, Bugs and Slugs
Like Dorothy and her friends, Albany’s best are on an Oz-like quest to find their city’s lost soul.
OPINION: There are as many dead weight baby boomers as there are millennials
A lousy work ethic has become an epidemic among workers from all generations.
OPINION: TV ads don't sell products, they annoy viewers
That “make the TV ad dumb, people will remember it” logic just doesn’t hold water.
OPINION: Quasi-government agency is being reined in
Actions taken by the Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority have hindered downtown development.
OPINION: Some city employees settling into parking spaces for the day
City employees who claim on-street downtown parking spaces for the day threaten Albany’s more liberal parking law.
OPINION: Films can uplift or emphasize our inadequacies
Even with the best movies, there’s a risk-reward dynamic involved.
OPINION: Being a grown-up means not worrying about spoiled dinners
Being a grown-up means deciding your own candy intake.
OPINION: In the age of texting, our language continues to devolve
Anyone who can write a coherent sentence today should send a note of thanks to an English teacher.
OPINION: Correct word needed to describe hip-hop artist's personality
Sometimes the word that perfectly describes someone is just not printable in a family publication.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Dougherty County coroner provides job overview
- Albany Almanac - April 25, 2015
- Albany Area Religion Bulletin - April 24, 2015
- CREEDE HINSHAW: No thanks to patronizing advice to the clergy
- BRAD MCEWEN: Radio? Who listens to the radio?
- JAM poll win inspires Abi Permenter to make more, better music
- Rixton final act added to Wild Adventures concert series
- Albany Almanac - April 24, 2015
- Albany Blood Donor Center to soon discontinue platelet donations
- Actor Ben Affleck’s slave-owning ancestor was a Georgia sheriff | POLL
- EDITORIAL: The American flag continues to fly high despite desecration by protesters
- Thumbs Up! April 20, 2015
- Thumbs Up! April 6, 2015
- Thumbs Up - March 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Senate trying to fix a problem that does not exist
- Thumbs Up! March 9, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Fractures painful, but they do mend
- Thumbs Up!
- Scammers add stress to tax season
- Thumbs Up! Jan 26, 2015