OPINION: Darrel Ealum’s tenure in Atlanta is expected to draw close scrutiny
Months from taking office, Darrel Ealum is already the subject of both Democratic and Republican whisper campaigns.
OPINION: Much tougher cities than Albany have seen redevelopment
Cowardly words and actions help eradicate the American spirit.
OPINION: ‘Gopher Guts’ has survived for generations
Writing a timeless camp song is the height of aspirations,
OPINION: The Giver will provoke political commentary
This is fairly serious stuff for a summertime movie. But it is precisely what causes “The Giver” to transcend the genre of teen literature it created.
OPINION: You wear your Jimmy Choo … Im wearing Jimmy Buffett
For many, fashion seems to be all about style over substance.
OPINION: Complaints usually come from people who avoid inner city
City officials refute the oft-repeated complaint that Albany’s downtown district is dangerous.
OPINION: City sees positives, negatives in eventful week
The good maybe outweighed the bad by a little in an interesting week in the life of the city of Albany.
OPINION: Albany government sees whirlwind changes
Tom Berry, who angrily resigned as interim GM of Albany’s utility authority, is nominated to serve as interim city manager.
OPINION: James Taylor — Lies sting when family hears them
Retired Marine James Taylor’s tenure as Albany’s city manager is expected to end soon.
FRIDAY JAM SESSION: Guitarist summit is compelling viewing
Unlike most rock music documentaries, “It Might Get Loud” is worth watching.
OPINION: Departure of interim GM Tom Berry will have impact throughout city government
The question for many in Albany, as the city tries to pick itself up from years of frustration, is what comes next after the departure of a key city official?
OPINION: PR career could be my answer to financial independence
I think I’m just the man for a PR job with Big Oil.
OPINION: Public, commission divided over RiverQuarium, Civil Rights Institute funding
The Albany City Commission will vote tonight on some $300,000 in public funding for two downtown attractions.
OPINION: MEAG credits should help fund incentives for business growth
Albany city commissioners are sitting on a Deal-Closing Fund created to provide incentives for new or expanding businesses.
OPINION: Spark plug keeps $80 mower running for another season
Lawn maintenance on a budget
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- CREEDE HINSHAW: The lamps could go out again at any time
- FRIDAY JAM: Five Eight to rock Art Park
- FRIDAY JAM: Blastov Guitars and More set to blast off in downtown Albany
- FRIDAY JAM: Siblings hope to make positive Impact through music studio | PHOTO GALLERY
- Religion Bulletin - Aug. 1, 2014
- Albany Almanac - Aug. 1, 2014
- Impacts of Affordable Care Act coming
- Jeff Allen to perform at Council on Aging Comedy Night | VIDEO
- Albany Almanac - July 31, 2014
- Sherwood Christian Academy breaks ground on school expansion, merger project | VIDEO
- Thumbs Up! July 28, 2014
- Dougherty School System technology initiative a good investment
- Election surprises erode trust in democracy
- Federal courts take opposing views on ACA subsidies
- Thumbs Up! July 21, 2014
- Alice Coachman Davis a rare treasure
- Can a burned bridge be repaired this quickly?
- Thumbs Up! July 7, 2014
- A shining moment in a time of darkness
- We should be thankful to be Americans