OPINION: Orange may be new black, but broad backside is new hot
Prodigious posteriors were the focus of the MTV Video Music Awards.
OPINION: Aviation Commission asked to ignore deadline and reconsider nominations
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission is ordered to include Gloria Gaines as a candidate despite her late application.
OPINION: Agency must redirect focus to maintain downtown relevance
Action by the quasi-governmental Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority has sparked debate about its future.
OPINION: Cover songs -- good and bad -- are a staple in music
Purists have made certain the author knows the difference between a John Prine original and a cover by John Denver.
OPINION: Dreaded cooking show has become must-see TV
Somewhere along the way, I’ve started to care about a cooking/reality TV show.
OPINION: Support necessary to keep weekly Tift Park event viable
Event organizers are guarding against a letdown at a weekly community marketplace.
OPINION: Former city manager settling into Florida retirement
James Taylor says he’s done well in the month since he left Albany.
OPINION: The interim Albany city manager wastes no time in taking bold action
Albany interim City Manager Tom Berry’s plan will bring about restructuring of the city government.
OPINION: Darrel Ealum’s tenure in Atlanta is expected to draw close scrutiny
Months from taking office, Darrel Ealum is already the subject of both Democratic and Republican whisper campaigns.
OPINION: Much tougher cities than Albany have seen redevelopment
Cowardly words and actions help eradicate the American spirit.
OPINION: ‘Gopher Guts’ has survived for generations
Writing a timeless camp song is the height of aspirations,
OPINION: The Giver will provoke political commentary
This is fairly serious stuff for a summertime movie. But it is precisely what causes “The Giver” to transcend the genre of teen literature it created.
OPINION: You wear your Jimmy Choo … Im wearing Jimmy Buffett
For many, fashion seems to be all about style over substance.
OPINION: Complaints usually come from people who avoid inner city
City officials refute the oft-repeated complaint that Albany’s downtown district is dangerous.
OPINION: City sees positives, negatives in eventful week
The good maybe outweighed the bad by a little in an interesting week in the life of the city of Albany.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Albany Almanac - Aug. 28, 2014
- ASU students learn from guest speakers
- EDDIE SEAGLE: Time to think about fall landscapes
- Army Jazz Ambassadors launch 2014-15 ABAC Presents! series
- Ice bucket challenge burns through social media
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Aug. 27-Sept. 3, 2014
- LORAN SMITH: Necessity is the mother of re-invention
- 'Bottles and Brushes' art classes resume at ABAC museum
- RONDA RICH: She's out of control
- Albany Almanac - Aug. 27, 2014
- A welcomed pause in the violence
- Thumbs Up! August 25, 2014
- ISIL's threat to America a real one
- Ready for some early morning football?
- Thumbs Up - Aug. 18, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Aug. 11, 2014.
- Phone scammers are mining for new victims
- Thumbs Up! Aug. 4, 2014
- The problem with the federal government is user error
- Thumbs Up! July 28, 2014