OPINION: Blankenship chose principle over party, to the dismay of leadership
Dougherty Elections Board member Walter Blankenship is drawing behind-the-scenes heat for a principled decision.
OPINION: Call from former UGA coach Goff ends three decades of enmity
A long-held anti-UGA conceit is wiped away after a conversation with the writer’s unwitting nemesis.
OPINION: Colleges, NCAA guilty of exploiting athletes
The suspension of UGA running back Todd Gurley for selling his autograph is the NCAA at its most absurd.
OPINION: For part of a day, it was the ’90s all over again
A mini gas war lowers the price of gasoline to $2.43 a gallon before calmer heads prevailed.
OPINION: Voting for most qualified now a radical thought
While we’re casting blame on our political leaders, we need to take a look in the mirror.
OPINION: Optimism prevails after panel discussion
All parties involved in Albany’s downtown redevelopment indicate optimism about progress soon.
OPINION: Insurance corporations are taking from premium payers
The poorly regulated insurance industry has taken control of America, living by its own skewed rules.
OPINION: Politicians can’t skimp on funding first responders
When it’s budget time, politicians curry favor with a simple mantra: Cut spending, cut spending, cut spending.
OPINION: Vacation trip provides 800 miles of clarity
A vacation trip reintroduces a father and daughter to family values.
OPINION: No classic song on horizon to displace Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway'
A recent music countdown proves once again the best rock music ever was made in the 1970s.
OPINION: Combined agencies would have greater impact
Albany’s service agencies that fight homelessness would have greater resources if united.
OPINION: Georgia Legislature makes sure weapons are handy anywhere
Georgia lawmakers are making it easy for gun owners to carry their weapons anywhere.
MUSIC REVIEW: 'Sailing' singer gets a few things off his chest on exceptional new work
Eighties Grammy darling Christopher Cross is set to release an album of new material on Sept. 12.
OPINION: Orange may be new black, but broad backside is new hot
Prodigious posteriors were the focus of the MTV Video Music Awards.
OPINION: Aviation Commission asked to ignore deadline and reconsider nominations
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission is ordered to include Gloria Gaines as a candidate despite her late application.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Albany Almanac - Oct. 25, 2014
- Easter Seals planning fundraiser
- TLC Cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- HAL BRADY: Looking beneath the surface
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Carve out some time for reading
- Religion Bulletin Oct. 24, 2014
- Ancient Harmony to play late-night set at Big Pine
- Midnight Star, Doug E. Fresh, E.U. to perform at ASU Homecoming concert
- "Sweepnation Dancers" liven Albany rapper's Freak Show tour
- Make a Difference event set Saturday
- The late Billy C. Black deserving of Albany State University honor
- Thumbs Up! Oct. 20, 2014
- Squawk of the Day - Oct. 17, 2014
- Ebola victims are people, not faceless statistics
- Thumbs Up! Oct. 13, 2014
- Disease outbreaks require earlier action
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 29, 2014
- A healthy shade of pink perfect color for fall
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 22, 2014
- Shiloh Baptist Church deserving of recognition