OPINION: City Commission looking for right fit in its new city manager
The city of Albany’s immediate future will be impacted greatly by its new city manager’s ability to work with city leaders.
OPINION: Karma lurks for those who belittle others
“Old” may be a state of mind, but it’s also a state of being.
OPINION: Elitist musicologists gain true wisdom in one semester of college
Passing on the wisdom of a hard lesson learned.
OPINION: Constituents should demand careful choice by Albany City Commission
The selection of a new city manager for Albany’s government should be of primary concern for citizens.
OPINION: There';s plenty to get upset about ... but we dont
Americans have settled for tweeting about their issues rather than doing anything about them.
OPINION: Albany, Dougherty officials privately question effectiveness of business groups
Albany and Dougherty County officials are starting to question efforts by the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce and the Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission.
OPINION: Got financial problems? TV evangelists still want your check
Many TV evangelists are still offering a spiritual pathway, but at a cost to you that supports their own high-priced lifestyles.
OPINION: Change comes when people are willing to take risks
If enough individuals are willing to work to bring about change in their community, change will come.
OPINION: West Florida city has completely remade its crumbling downtown
Pensacola, Fla.’s downtown a decade ago looked much like Albany’s. Now it is a resurrected showcase.
OPINION: City's slumlords not held to any standards
Some Albany landlords and property owners maintain substandard rental units because no property codes are in place.
OPINION: Proposed legislation will curtail or end use of products deemed harmful
Leaked information from secret government hearings indicate cellphone usage in vehicles and tobacco products may soon be things of the past.
OPINION: Quest for 'realism' is chipping away at standards of decency
Swearing, once the secret language of boys being naughty, is becoming all too common.
OPINION: City must overcome infestation of Thugs, Bugs and Slugs
Like Dorothy and her friends, Albany’s best are on an Oz-like quest to find their city’s lost soul.
OPINION: There are as many dead weight baby boomers as there are millennials
A lousy work ethic has become an epidemic among workers from all generations.
OPINION: TV ads don't sell products, they annoy viewers
That “make the TV ad dumb, people will remember it” logic just doesn’t hold water.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Albany Almanac - July 28, 2015
- Chewbacca actor, 'Star Trek' actress among stars heading to Dragon Con
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital reviews medical staff applicants
- BARRY LEVINE: One quick quiz before school starts
- ALBANY BIRTHS: July 4-20, 2015
- MANDY FLYNN: You can't miss what you don't know
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking back at Disneyland | QUIK QUIZ
- Albany Area Community Calendar - July 26-Aug. 3, 2015
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Seven habits of highly fit people
- New series recounts 'Answered Prayers'
- Thumbs Up! July 27, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Marketing order for pecans a smart move
- EDITORIAL: Protecting our protectors here at home
- EDITORIAL: Will Iran honor the nuclear programs agreement?
- Thumbs Up! July 6, 2015
- Thumbs Up: June 29, 2015
- Thumbs Up! June 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Outrage, sadness over murders of churchgoers
- Thumbs Up! June 15, 2015
- Thumbs Up! June 8, 2015