OPINION: Albany leaders face tough choice on pit bull ordinance
A mother’s tragic story offers another side to Albany’s proposed pit bull ordinance.
OPINION: Albany officials encouraged after annual retreat
Albany city leaders say they recharged their batteries at a two-day-plus reteat in Thomasville.
OPINION: State headed back to the days of the Wild West
Proposed gun legislation in the Georgia legislature allows deadly weapons to be legally carried in churches and bars.
OPINION: Drastic remakes of Dougherty Commission, School Board possible
With a number of seats up for grabs and key officials set to step down, the 2014 local elections will bring significant changes.
OPINION: World celebrates famous Fab Four anniversary
Beatlemania flourished in America 50 years ago after John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr appeared on a popular TV show.
OPINION: Proposed House bill would strictly limit access to medical cannabis oil
A Republican Georgia representative has introduced a bill that would make medical marijuana legal in the state.
OPINION: ‘Prepare for worst, hope for best’ worked nicely in Albany, Dougherty County
Government leaders often draw our ire, but area officials deserve praise for their preparedness during the recent winter storm event.
OPINION: Music moves front and center at Grammy Awards
The folks who put on the annual Grammy awards show focused on the music this year, making the show a memorable one.
OPINION: Who needs evidence when you have got Sarah Palin and the Koch brothers?
A winter cold snap brings out the climate change deniers who have no use for scientific data.
OPINION: Unable to withstand the call of the wall
A weekend construction project offers a reminder of where “word-typer” lands on the manliness scale.
OPINION: New Jersey governor just doing what politicians do
Color me not very surprised by latest “scandal” involving New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
OPINION: Procedure will delay implementation of specific-breed dangerous dog ordinance
An Albany city commissioner’s call for a second reading of a pit bull ordinance delays implementation of the ordinance.
OPINION: For some, its always about others
A chance call by an ailing Army veteran offers a memorable wake-up call.
OPINION: Cold weather a reminder of the cruelty of life
Deadly cold temperatures leave Albany’s growing homeless population at risk.
OPINION: Cant improve on perfection; you, on the other hand …
New Year’s resolutions are for suckers. They should be reserved for the perfect people who can point out others’ flaws.
- T. GAMBLE: Rights break out right and left
- Albany Almanac - April 17, 2014
- LORAN SMITH: The good life comes at a cost
- RONDA RICH: Small moments create great stories
- Metro Albany Briefs - April 16, 2014
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - April 16-22, 2014
- Albany Almanac - April 16, 2014
- Peeps a popular Easter tradition
- Albany Almanac - April 15, 2014
- 'Pink Moon' turns 'blood moon' red in full lunar eclipse (Photo gallery added)
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
- We should be our brothers' keeper