OPINION: Respect for artists who make joyful, beautiful noise
Music fans know: One person’s noise is others’ slice of heaven.
OPINION: Historic collaborative effort could have far-reaching impact
The presidents of Albany’s institutions of higher education are working with the county school system’s superintendent to improve education.
OPINION: Albany leaders face tough choice on pit bull ordinance
A mother’s tragic story offers another side to Albany’s proposed pit bull ordinance.
OPINION: Albany officials encouraged after annual retreat
Albany city leaders say they recharged their batteries at a two-day-plus reteat in Thomasville.
OPINION: State headed back to the days of the Wild West
Proposed gun legislation in the Georgia legislature allows deadly weapons to be legally carried in churches and bars.
OPINION: Drastic remakes of Dougherty Commission, School Board possible
With a number of seats up for grabs and key officials set to step down, the 2014 local elections will bring significant changes.
OPINION: World celebrates famous Fab Four anniversary
Beatlemania flourished in America 50 years ago after John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr appeared on a popular TV show.
OPINION: Proposed House bill would strictly limit access to medical cannabis oil
A Republican Georgia representative has introduced a bill that would make medical marijuana legal in the state.
OPINION: ‘Prepare for worst, hope for best’ worked nicely in Albany, Dougherty County
Government leaders often draw our ire, but area officials deserve praise for their preparedness during the recent winter storm event.
OPINION: Music moves front and center at Grammy Awards
The folks who put on the annual Grammy awards show focused on the music this year, making the show a memorable one.
OPINION: Who needs evidence when you have got Sarah Palin and the Koch brothers?
A winter cold snap brings out the climate change deniers who have no use for scientific data.
OPINION: Unable to withstand the call of the wall
A weekend construction project offers a reminder of where “word-typer” lands on the manliness scale.
OPINION: New Jersey governor just doing what politicians do
Color me not very surprised by latest “scandal” involving New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
OPINION: Procedure will delay implementation of specific-breed dangerous dog ordinance
An Albany city commissioner’s call for a second reading of a pit bull ordinance delays implementation of the ordinance.
OPINION: For some, its always about others
A chance call by an ailing Army veteran offers a memorable wake-up call.
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Children get more out of church than you might think
- Phillip Phillips' sophomore album slated for release next month
- FRIDAY JAM: Six Albany area musical artists nominated for GA Music Awards
- BRAD MCEWEN: Musical memories create an endless tapestry
- Albany Almanac - April 25, 2014
- T. GAMBLE: You never know when you'll need a jacket
- Albany Almanac - April 24, 2014
- Thomasville Garden Club to Host Standard Flower Show during Rose Show Weekend
- Television dogs man's best friends
- Deerfield-Windsor students to present 'Shrek the Musical'
- Retirees bring much to the community
- Thumbs Up! April 21, 2014
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military