As America crumbles, no one is right
A ruling by the Georgia Supreme Court on local-option sales tax collections has officials trying to decide what’s next.
Local elections may not get the ink of national elections, but most agree they’re even more important.
Ideology trumps right or wrong in an America that seems to have lost its way.
The majestic Flint River is where Albany's future and past merge.
Sports have become too big-time to cut coaches and athletes any slack.
Albany Fire Department personnel are drawing rave reviews for a statewide conference held Sept. 11-14, but fire officials say there’s plenty of praise to go around.
Sometimes an overactive imagination can be a dangerous thing.
The “joke” report of Beatle Paul McCartney’s death in 1969 became a worldwide phenomenon.
The time has come for strict laws to be enacted making driving while using cellphones — and especially texting while driving — illegal.
Construction on an extensive downtown sidewalk project isn’t quite done yet, but when it’s finished it will be quite impressive.
So this is what extremism sounds like.
The question many Americans are asking themselves these days as talk of war once again fills the air is whether the United States, with all its domestic problems, can still afford to think of itself as the world’s police force. Especially in a world that doesn’t really like us.
With its purchase of Palmyra Medical Center now apparently complete, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital has complete control of health care in metro Albany.
An 87-year-old Albany woman says the city is overcharging for utility services, and she’s got the records to prove it.
- T. GAMBLE: Segway not the best idea of Christmas present
- Albany Almanac - Dec. 12, 2013
- Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line big winners at American Country Awards
- Know of some good places to see Christmas lights?
- Americus Tour of Homes showcases historic buildings
- Blakely presenting holiday festival
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Dec. 11-17, 2013
- LORAN SMITH: Still dreaming of a white Christmas
- Have yourself a very classic Christmas
- RONDA RICH: Have we forgotten about the American Dream?
- Thumbs Up! - Dec. 9, 2013
- Life of Nelson Mandela is to be celebrated
- On a day of celebration, Pearl Harbor's lessons still important
- Dougherty's brightest middle-schoolers go 'bowling'
- Make that really special delivery
- Albany Ward II voters determine today who will be their city commissioner
- Thumbs Up! - Dec.2, 2013
- Don't overlook locally-owned businesses this weekend
- Keep Black Friday Fever under control
- America has good reasons to be thankful