OPINION: ‘Posers’ have trouble ‘keepin’ it real’
Sorry, trendies, but following the latest fashions and fads do not enhance your credibility.
OPINION: Ordinary’s about the best most of us can hope for
There’s more to genius than meets the eye.
OPINION: Initiatives take aim at communitys self-image problems
Citizens of Albany and Dougherty County are too quick to condemn actions, both good and bad.
OPINION: Telling readers what to think is not journalism
Readers on both sides of the homeless issue react to Albany Herald stories about a homeless encampment.
FRIDAY JAM SESSION: Orlando band's song deserves spot among musical greats
Thomas Wynn & the Believers’ “Put It Back” is one of those rare great songs that has an immediate impact.
OPINION: American freedom allows destructive action with little reprisal
Vandals defaced more than monuments with their spray paint in Veterans Park over the weekend.
OPINION: Registered Nurse’s lesson is one we all should heed
Even as she’s battled lung cancer, Robin Elmore hasn’t quit living her life..
OPINION: Lawmaker takes governor to task for gun bill, economic development, ASU funding
After surviving a horrific auto accident, state Rep. Carol Fullerton says she has a new lease on life.
OPINION: Primary vote will change the face of local government
Potential voters who want to impact local government have to do more than rant about it.
FRIDAY JAM: Here's some solid goald from the album era
The top-selling albums of all time as listed by the Recording Industry Association of America
OPINION: MLB replay system interrupts rhythm of the game
Major League Baseball owners have gone too far in their quest to “always get it right.”
OPINION: Resignation leaves utility board a member short again
The Albany City Commission’s appointment of Rashad Flournoy to its WG&L board was a disservice to Flournoy and the board.
OPINION: Businesses, citizens concerned about overly aggressive handout seekers
The city of Albany is considering an ordinance that would allow police to deal with overly aggressive panhandlers.
FRIDAY JAM SESSION: Anniversary of Kurt Cobain's suicide updated 'day the music died'
Suicide has been the cause of death for a number of talented musicians during the rock and roll era.
BSC's release coming Tuesday is the best album so far in 2014
Kentucky rockers Black Stone Cherry satisfy rock fans’ need for quality new music.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- 'Maze Runner' streaks out to No. 1 at box office
- An 'Odd Couple' of gals | PHOTO GALLERY
- MARY GANZEL: Good sleep an important part of good health
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back at South Georgia news in the fall of 1899 | QUIZ
- ALBANY BIRTHS: Sept. 7-16, 2014
- BARRY LEVINE: Music tastes vary for Albanians
- Cole Bros. Circus opens in Albany Monday
- Debbie McDonald awarded Lions' Sullivan recognition
- Larry Price receives evangelism award
- Albany Area Community Calendar -- Sept. 21-29, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 22, 2014
- Shiloh Baptist Church deserving of recognition
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 15, 2014
- Strong action needed now against ISIL
- Truett Cathy succeeded by doing it his way
- America must stand tall and stand together
- The Internet an asset that can devour
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 1, 2014
- A welcomed pause in the violence
- Thumbs Up! August 25, 2014