OPINION: Architect's extra efforts snubbed by Aviation Commission
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission didnt see a reason to reward architect for voluntarily going the extra mile when considering a project bid.
OPINION: Taxes collected from local sales impact services in a community
Local merchants are “dreaming green” as the holiday shopping season kicks into high gear.
OPINION: Congress continues to fail those who put its members in office
Republicans in Congress are using the food of poor people as a bargaining chip to exert control.
OPINION: Candidates strategy paid off in landslide victory
B.J. Fletcher won her seat on the Albany City Commission the old fashioned way: She earned it.
OPINION: An unbiased media is no longer the norm in 21st-century America
Much of the overall failure of our elected leaders lies at the feet of an unprincipled media.
OPINION: Albany Rescue Mission will be recognized with an Albany mayoral proclamation
Larry Hample and the Albany Rescue Mission have served thousands of homeless people over the last 25 years.
Opinion column: Paul McCartney’s latest album is his best in years
Former Beatle Paul McCartney proves he’s no nostalgia act with his stunningly brilliant new album “New.”
Businessman Bo Henry drove by Veterans Park while running some recent errands, and a thought hit him.
A continuing disagreement between city and county officials threatens the collection of LOST funds for the next decade.
As America crumbles, no one is right
A ruling by the Georgia Supreme Court on local-option sales tax collections has officials trying to decide what’s next.
Local elections may not get the ink of national elections, but most agree they’re even more important.
Ideology trumps right or wrong in an America that seems to have lost its way.
The majestic Flint River is where Albany's future and past merge.
Sports have become too big-time to cut coaches and athletes any slack.
- Pecan City Pedalers excited about BMX track changes
- Albany Almanac - March 8, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- Albany Almanac - March 7, 2014
- Albany Heart Walk set for Saturday
- Twin Oaks to present two weekends of entertainment
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- T. GAMBLE: Just not cut out to be in this year
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014
- Georgia taking this winter storm seriously
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 10, 2014