OPINION: SPLOST-funded complex could promote economic development
Albany and Dougherty County officials are considering pooling benefits to build a state-of-the-art recreation complex.
New album by ex-Hootie & the Blowfish frontman is just right for holiday gatherings
Darius Rucker is deeply invested in his Capitol Records Nashville holiday album.
Ex-jock's debut album has taken Nashville by storm
Sam Hunt serves notice that he is a heavyweight country music contender with his excellent debut album Montevallo.
OPINION: Exchange Club’s annual extravaganza a family tradition
Despite some people’s nagging complaints, there’s just something about going to the fair.
OPINION: Albany leadership has put together leaner, more fiscally responsible team
Under the leadership of the refocused City Commission and City Manager Tom Berry, the Albany city government is making significant strides.
OPINION: Certain artists create musical works that have lasting impact
Some musicians have left bodies of work that defy simple categorization.
OPINION: Georgia candidates lies, half-truths reached new lows
If nothing else good came of it, Tuesday’s election marked the end (hopefully) of political ad campaigns for a while.
OPINION: Albany's attempts to maintain relevancy -- One step up, two steps back
Despite the efforts of some, Albany is becoming a city of watchers and not doers.
OPINION: Extremists have skewed definition of 'hardship'
Sunday’s historic early voting period in Dougherty County was an exercise in convenience.
OPINION: Albany State University was founded to provide educational opportunities for black students
Albany’s relationship with Albany State University has softened around the green of the university alumni’s money.
OPINION: Blankenship chose principle over party, to the dismay of leadership
Dougherty Elections Board member Walter Blankenship is drawing behind-the-scenes heat for a principled decision.
OPINION: Call from former UGA coach Goff ends three decades of enmity
A long-held anti-UGA conceit is wiped away after a conversation with the writer’s unwitting nemesis.
OPINION: Colleges, NCAA guilty of exploiting athletes
The suspension of UGA running back Todd Gurley for selling his autograph is the NCAA at its most absurd.
OPINION: For part of a day, it was the ’90s all over again
A mini gas war lowers the price of gasoline to $2.43 a gallon before calmer heads prevailed.
OPINION: Voting for most qualified now a radical thought
While we’re casting blame on our political leaders, we need to take a look in the mirror.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- BARRY LEVINE: Fool make its way into song titles
- Distractions for teen drivers worse than previously thought
- Guitars and Golf country music concert set Friday
- Albany birdwatching enthusiasts set to flock to Gulf Coast
- Nesting Atlanta falcons viewable online
- Setting dinner table for wildlife can raise their disease risk
- PERRY BUCHANAN: It's important to know your numbers
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back at quotes about foolishness
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 29-April 6, 2015
- MANDY FLYNN: Memories of missing feet the cure for baby fever
- EDITORIAL: Senate trying to fix a problem that does not exist
- Thumbs Up! March 9, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Fractures painful, but they do mend
- Thumbs Up!
- Scammers add stress to tax season
- Thumbs Up! Jan 26, 2015
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 19, 2015
- Time is now to address Georgia's transportation needs
- Another year, another scam
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 12, 2015