OPINION: Georgia candidates lies, half-truths reached new lows
If nothing else good came of it, Tuesday’s election marked the end (hopefully) of political ad campaigns for a while.
OPINION: Albany's attempts to maintain relevancy -- One step up, two steps back
Despite the efforts of some, Albany is becoming a city of watchers and not doers.
OPINION: Extremists have skewed definition of 'hardship'
Sunday’s historic early voting period in Dougherty County was an exercise in convenience.
OPINION: Albany State University was founded to provide educational opportunities for black students
Albany’s relationship with Albany State University has softened around the green of the university alumni’s money.
OPINION: Blankenship chose principle over party, to the dismay of leadership
Dougherty Elections Board member Walter Blankenship is drawing behind-the-scenes heat for a principled decision.
OPINION: Call from former UGA coach Goff ends three decades of enmity
A long-held anti-UGA conceit is wiped away after a conversation with the writer’s unwitting nemesis.
OPINION: Colleges, NCAA guilty of exploiting athletes
The suspension of UGA running back Todd Gurley for selling his autograph is the NCAA at its most absurd.
OPINION: For part of a day, it was the ’90s all over again
A mini gas war lowers the price of gasoline to $2.43 a gallon before calmer heads prevailed.
OPINION: Voting for most qualified now a radical thought
While we’re casting blame on our political leaders, we need to take a look in the mirror.
OPINION: Optimism prevails after panel discussion
All parties involved in Albany’s downtown redevelopment indicate optimism about progress soon.
OPINION: Insurance corporations are taking from premium payers
The poorly regulated insurance industry has taken control of America, living by its own skewed rules.
OPINION: Politicians can’t skimp on funding first responders
When it’s budget time, politicians curry favor with a simple mantra: Cut spending, cut spending, cut spending.
OPINION: Vacation trip provides 800 miles of clarity
A vacation trip reintroduces a father and daughter to family values.
OPINION: No classic song on horizon to displace Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway'
A recent music countdown proves once again the best rock music ever was made in the 1970s.
OPINION: Combined agencies would have greater impact
Albany’s service agencies that fight homelessness would have greater resources if united.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Albany Almanac - March 3, 2015
- FTC extends delay in adjudication of Phoebe North case
- Timeless fun and fellowship to be had in the Shire of Ravenwood | PHOTO GALLERY
- BARRY LEVINE: Add Sedaka, Maestro to the list of Hall of Fame talent
- MARY BRASWELL: A look back at the much-loved Dr. Seuss
- Crowdis a man of integrity
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 1-9, 2015
- ALBANY BIRTHS: Feb. 15 - 23, 2015
- MANDY FLYNN: Well, that's just fabulous ... really fabulously fabulous
- Celebrity chefs mold home cooks into All Stars
- Thumbs Up!
- Scammers add stress to tax season
- Thumbs Up! Jan 26, 2015
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 19, 2015
- Time is now to address Georgia's transportation needs
- Another year, another scam
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 12, 2015
- France murders a sober reminder
- Is cooperation on the agendas of Congress and the White House?
- Light a candle to brighten 2015