OPINION: For part of a day, it was the ’90s all over again
A mini gas war lowers the price of gasoline to $2.43 a gallon before calmer heads prevailed.
OPINION: Voting for most qualified now a radical thought
While we’re casting blame on our political leaders, we need to take a look in the mirror.
OPINION: Optimism prevails after panel discussion
All parties involved in Albany’s downtown redevelopment indicate optimism about progress soon.
OPINION: Insurance corporations are taking from premium payers
The poorly regulated insurance industry has taken control of America, living by its own skewed rules.
OPINION: Politicians can’t skimp on funding first responders
When it’s budget time, politicians curry favor with a simple mantra: Cut spending, cut spending, cut spending.
OPINION: Vacation trip provides 800 miles of clarity
A vacation trip reintroduces a father and daughter to family values.
OPINION: No classic song on horizon to displace Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway'
A recent music countdown proves once again the best rock music ever was made in the 1970s.
OPINION: Combined agencies would have greater impact
Albany’s service agencies that fight homelessness would have greater resources if united.
OPINION: Georgia Legislature makes sure weapons are handy anywhere
Georgia lawmakers are making it easy for gun owners to carry their weapons anywhere.
MUSIC REVIEW: 'Sailing' singer gets a few things off his chest on exceptional new work
Eighties Grammy darling Christopher Cross is set to release an album of new material on Sept. 12.
OPINION: Orange may be new black, but broad backside is new hot
Prodigious posteriors were the focus of the MTV Video Music Awards.
OPINION: Aviation Commission asked to ignore deadline and reconsider nominations
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission is ordered to include Gloria Gaines as a candidate despite her late application.
OPINION: Agency must redirect focus to maintain downtown relevance
Action by the quasi-governmental Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority has sparked debate about its future.
OPINION: Cover songs -- good and bad -- are a staple in music
Purists have made certain the author knows the difference between a John Prine original and a cover by John Denver.
OPINION: Dreaded cooking show has become must-see TV
Somewhere along the way, I’ve started to care about a cooking/reality TV show.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Albany Almanac - Jan. 27, 2015
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital reviews medical staff applicants
- Bus drivers, cafeteria workers may lose health insurance coverage
- Georgia given poor grades in fight against smoking
- Night for Hope event scheduled Feb. 14 at Hilton Garden Inn
- MANDY FLYNN: The squirrel, my enemy
- Business Portfolio - Jan. 25, 2015
- BARRY LEVINE: Four more who should be in the Hall of Fame
- APD Chief John Proctor: Department still playing catch-up
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Stand up for overcoming 'sitting disease'
- Thumbs Up! Jan 26, 2015
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 19, 2015
- Time is now to address Georgia's transportation needs
- Another year, another scam
- Thumbs Up! Jan. 12, 2015
- France murders a sober reminder
- Is cooperation on the agendas of Congress and the White House?
- Light a candle to brighten 2015
- The spirit of giving
- The Christmas Story