OPINION: Cant improve on perfection; you, on the other hand …
New Year’s resolutions are for suckers. They should be reserved for the perfect people who can point out others’ flaws.
OPINION: A number of crucial issues face Albany-Dougherty leaders in New Year
Cutliff Grove, a long-delayed multimodal transportation site and finding potential successors for two proven leaders should be among area leaders’ priorities in 2014.
OPINION: Christmas gouging season is over, but don't get too comfortable
As wonderful as the Christmas season is, there are reasons we celebrate its coming and going.
OPINION: TV reality star an odd choice for martyrdom
Phil Robertson’s anti-gay comments have made him the latest divisive celebrity cause.
OPINION: Grassroots 'adoption' program community at its best
Southwest Georgians exhibit a giving spirit in response to local businesswomen’s “adoption” challenge.
OPINION: Old-school gems exist in dawning digital age
A rapper with a conscience, literary sequels and emerging pop princesses highlight entertainment in 2013.
OPINION: Talk of re-opening landmark Albany restaurant not welcome by all
A landmark Albany restaurant and its iconic sign unlock humiliating memories for some Southwest Georgians.
OPINION: Kindness of strangers in short supply
Has America’s struggles killed off the true spirit of Christmas?
OPINION: Ralph Hudgens applauds insurance exclusion for pre-existing illnesses
Georgia’s insurance commissioner suggests sick people are responsible for their own illnesses.
OPINION: Grassroots campaign could impact Albany holiday season
Albany small business owners are challenging their peers to help make the holidays brighter for struggling families.
OPINION: Tangibles, intangibles vital to one person's cancer survival
Promoting early detection is the goal that inspires cancer survivors to tell their stories.
OPINION: 'Cancer Chronicles' features survivors, medical heroes
Cancer survivors tell their individual stories in a special holiday series.
OPINION: Promise of help from minister comes at a cost
Despite a growing number of religious scandals, there are still righteous men and women who serve God.
OPINION: Architect's extra efforts snubbed by Aviation Commission
The Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission didnt see a reason to reward architect for voluntarily going the extra mile when considering a project bid.
OPINION: Taxes collected from local sales impact services in a community
Local merchants are “dreaming green” as the holiday shopping season kicks into high gear.
- Albany Area Births - April 20, 2014
- Albany Area Community Calendar - April 20-28, 2014
- MANDY FLYNN: Internet shopping lays a goose egg
- RONDA RICH: Every Easter a touchtone of life
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back, April 20, 2014
- MARY GANZEL: Five tips for healthy eating on the go
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Misguided missionaries mar Masters
- Religion Bulletin - April 18, 2014
- Albany Briefs - April 18, 2014
- Albany Almanac - April 18, 2014
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014