The majestic Flint River is where Albany's future and past merge.
Sports have become too big-time to cut coaches and athletes any slack.
Albany Fire Department personnel are drawing rave reviews for a statewide conference held Sept. 11-14, but fire officials say there’s plenty of praise to go around.
Sometimes an overactive imagination can be a dangerous thing.
The “joke” report of Beatle Paul McCartney’s death in 1969 became a worldwide phenomenon.
The time has come for strict laws to be enacted making driving while using cellphones — and especially texting while driving — illegal.
Construction on an extensive downtown sidewalk project isn’t quite done yet, but when it’s finished it will be quite impressive.
So this is what extremism sounds like.
The question many Americans are asking themselves these days as talk of war once again fills the air is whether the United States, with all its domestic problems, can still afford to think of itself as the world’s police force. Especially in a world that doesn’t really like us.
With its purchase of Palmyra Medical Center now apparently complete, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital has complete control of health care in metro Albany.
An 87-year-old Albany woman says the city is overcharging for utility services, and she’s got the records to prove it.
Pop musician John Lennon’s “We’re more popular than Jesus” comment stunned the world in 1966.
A quick look at municipal elections, economic development and the vengeance of the Lord.
Accusing government officials of incompetence has become a hip thing to do these days.
This week, dozens and dozens of youngsters in Dougherty County returned to school wearing new socks and T-shirts and carrying new bookbags filled with pens, crayons, pencils, paper and notebooks, all of which they picked up free of charge Saturday at various locations around Albany.
- T. Marshall Jones: In harmony with life
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - March 12-18, 2014
- LORAN SMITH: Saltine crackers go with everything
- Soulfest 4 at Albany Civic Center features co-headliners Anthony Hamilton, Fantasia
- RONDA RICH: A suitcase full of dreams
- Albany Almanac - March 12, 2014
- Albany Almanac - March 11, 2014
- MICHELE MOULTON: Just one degree makes a world of difference
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 9-17, 2014
- St. Patrick's Day Dishes
- Dr. Leroy Bynum opens a new chapter in his career
- Thumbs Up! March 10, 2014
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014