Sometimes an overactive imagination can be a dangerous thing.
The “joke” report of Beatle Paul McCartney’s death in 1969 became a worldwide phenomenon.
The time has come for strict laws to be enacted making driving while using cellphones — and especially texting while driving — illegal.
Construction on an extensive downtown sidewalk project isn’t quite done yet, but when it’s finished it will be quite impressive.
So this is what extremism sounds like.
The question many Americans are asking themselves these days as talk of war once again fills the air is whether the United States, with all its domestic problems, can still afford to think of itself as the world’s police force. Especially in a world that doesn’t really like us.
With its purchase of Palmyra Medical Center now apparently complete, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital has complete control of health care in metro Albany.
An 87-year-old Albany woman says the city is overcharging for utility services, and she’s got the records to prove it.
Pop musician John Lennon’s “We’re more popular than Jesus” comment stunned the world in 1966.
A quick look at municipal elections, economic development and the vengeance of the Lord.
Accusing government officials of incompetence has become a hip thing to do these days.
This week, dozens and dozens of youngsters in Dougherty County returned to school wearing new socks and T-shirts and carrying new bookbags filled with pens, crayons, pencils, paper and notebooks, all of which they picked up free of charge Saturday at various locations around Albany.
Find this story and other news, sports and features items at www.albanyherald.com.
We of the baby boom generation have our conceits, and one of our boldest is that we cornered the market on anthemic songs about global issues that really matter.
I have a confession to make: I like to read.
- T. GAMBLE: You never know when you'll need a jacket
- Albany Almanac - April 24, 2014
- Thomasville Garden Club to Host Standard Flower Show during Rose Show Weekend
- Television dogs man's best friends
- Deerfield-Windsor students to present 'Shrek the Musical'
- RONDA RICH: Loyalty a valuable virtue
- LORAN SMITH: Paul Herring, a real Greatest Generation hero
- Albany Almanac - April 23, 2014
- Darton State College Nursing Program gains additional accreditation
- Lifestyle Briefs - April 23, 2014
- Retirees bring much to the community
- Thumbs Up! April 21, 2014
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military