Top J.D. Sumner stories
Tifton native J.D. Sumner has been with The Albany Herald since 2005.Terry Lewis, staff writer
J.D. Sumner is government reporter for The Albany Herald. Sumner covers the Albany and Dougherty County governments, as well as the Water, Gas & Light Commission, the Economic Development Commission and the Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority. Phone: (229) 434-8748. E-mail: email@example.com
More J.D. Sumner
Late last year, the Herald began experimenting with a technology that has been emerging in the newspaper business for years.
Commissioners briefly discuss long-term performance bonds after learning of repairs needed at the Arthur Williams Building.
Col. John Ostrander has recommended an update to the county contract with the Albany Area Community Service Board.
While The Albany Herald is the legal organ of Dougherty County and has been the city's daily paper since 1892, there was previously a paper founded by creator of Albany itself, Nelson Tift.
In March 1894, the Herald found itself in a position that is currently all too familiar. The newspaper business is a business and when times are tough, sometimes changes have to be made to streamline the organization.
- It happened in Memphis
- Americus artist wins top honor at regional show
- Southern Soul puts soul in barbecue
- 70 years and counting: Lorigs' romance endures
- Homebuilders plan Boot-Scootin' fundraiser
- Miz brings awesomeness to civic center
- Give up self-pity and give time to others
- Dozens of kayakers float out of Albany toward Bainbridge
- Supreme court hands pharmaceutical companies major loss
- Restoring hope through rehabilitation
- School system officials need public’s input
- Thumbs Up! - June 17, 2013
- Dads get on-the-job training
- Kay Hind’s life is truly one of impact, achievement
- Edward Snowden stirs up a hornet’s nest for the U.S.
- Thumbs Up! - June 9, 2013
- Can you hear me now, Washington?
- Knives have no place on planes
- Budgeting for city no easy task
- Thumbs Up! - June 3, 2013
- Mimosa remains commissioner's 'white whale'
- Town hall on schools has high absenteeism
- Nelson, Obama share stage
- Plan under way to help military medics
- LOGCOM’s Hudson reflects on Albany
- Miller County sheriff found dead near home
- LOGCOM set for new commanding general
- Three sentenced in MCLB bribery case
- Planning board OKs East Albany duplexes
- Planning board sends parking matter to city
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy