Top J.D. Sumner stories
Tifton native J.D. Sumner has been with The Albany Herald since 2005.Terry Lewis, staff writer
J.D. Sumner is government reporter for The Albany Herald. Sumner covers the Albany and Dougherty County governments, as well as the Water, Gas & Light Commission, the Economic Development Commission and the Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority. Phone: (229) 434-8748. E-mail: email@example.com
More J.D. Sumner
Late last year, the Herald began experimenting with a technology that has been emerging in the newspaper business for years.
Commissioners briefly discuss long-term performance bonds after learning of repairs needed at the Arthur Williams Building.
Col. John Ostrander has recommended an update to the county contract with the Albany Area Community Service Board.
While The Albany Herald is the legal organ of Dougherty County and has been the city's daily paper since 1892, there was previously a paper founded by creator of Albany itself, Nelson Tift.
In March 1894, the Herald found itself in a position that is currently all too familiar. The newspaper business is a business and when times are tough, sometimes changes have to be made to streamline the organization.
- Albany Area Births - Dec. 8, 2013
- MANDY FLYNN: Listen up, honey ... oh, never mind
- MICHELE MOULTON: Family is what matters most
- BARRY LEVINE: Reflecting on holiday favorites
- Author gives new twist to Southern favorites
- On the Job with Charles Lamb
- Darton seeks funds for Steinway pianos
- Georgia has highest maternal death rate in the country
- Christmas parades into Leesburg
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - December 1893
- Life of Nelson Mandela is to be celebrated
- On a day of celebration, Pearl Harbor's lessons still important
- Dougherty's brightest middle-schoolers go 'bowling'
- Make that really special delivery
- Albany Ward II voters determine today who will be their city commissioner
- Thumbs Up! - Dec.2, 2013
- Don't overlook locally-owned businesses this weekend
- Keep Black Friday Fever under control
- America has good reasons to be thankful
- Clocks ticking down to the holiday season
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Insurance changes proposed for Lee County government workers
- Water, Gas and Light Commission to team with MillerCoors on natural gas project
- New Communities to turn former plantation land into events center
- Dougherty County schools may reduce furlough days by one
- Leesburg City Council OKs resolution designating U.S. Highway 19 as Veterans Memorial Highway
- Albany City Commission Ward II candidates Ivey Hines, Bobby Coleman set for runoff
- Energy help application process starts Monday
- Albany City Commission OKs stormwater utility, enterprise fund
- Ward II challenger Bobby Coleman says turnout crucial in runoff
- Albany area mental health officials say they're prepared for hospital closing
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy