Top J.D. Sumner stories
Tifton native J.D. Sumner has been with The Albany Herald since 2005.Terry Lewis, staff writer
J.D. Sumner is government reporter for The Albany Herald. Sumner covers the Albany and Dougherty County governments, as well as the Water, Gas & Light Commission, the Economic Development Commission and the Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority. Phone: (229) 434-8748. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More J.D. Sumner
Late last year, the Herald began experimenting with a technology that has been emerging in the newspaper business for years.
Commissioners briefly discuss long-term performance bonds after learning of repairs needed at the Arthur Williams Building.
Col. John Ostrander has recommended an update to the county contract with the Albany Area Community Service Board.
While The Albany Herald is the legal organ of Dougherty County and has been the city's daily paper since 1892, there was previously a paper founded by creator of Albany itself, Nelson Tift.
In March 1894, the Herald found itself in a position that is currently all too familiar. The newspaper business is a business and when times are tough, sometimes changes have to be made to streamline the organization.
- MICHELE MOULTON: Just one degree makes a world of difference
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 9-17, 2014
- St. Patrick's Day Dishes
- MANDY FLYNN: I break for funny
- BARRY LEVINE: The Price is right for iconic rock singer
- Home of Linda Freeney named March 2014 Yard of the Month
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 9, 2014
- Pecan City Pedalers excited about BMX track changes
- Albany Almanac - March 8, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- Thumbs Up! March 10, 2014
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014
- Georgia taking this winter storm seriously
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dog dispute in Lee County heads to Superior Court
- City of Albany’s Fiscal Year 2013 audit report a good-news, bad-news mix
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Dougherty County police, fire studies show limited viable options
- Albany City Commission decides to table pit bulldog ordinance
- Albany City Commission must tackle a number of key issues in 2014
- Jeff Sinyard: Coming changes cannot detract from County Commission's focus
- Dougherty County community tennis center part of mega sports park plan
- Auction of four city of Albany properties brings in $566,000, pending commission approval
- Task force convenes to discuss Albany sign ordinance
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy