Top Jim Hendricks stories
Jim Hendricks is editor of The Albany Herald. He is in charge of the editorial page and is responsible for news, sports, desk, photography and library operations. Phone: (229) 888-9352. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jim Hendricks
Not much says The South quite as convincingly as sweet tea and cornbread.
Some stories just grab your attention right away, even from the Big Stuff.
With apologies to the pro-Halloween contingent, there may not be an observance all year that is more steeped in sheer superstition than New Year’s Day
As for Momma, I can look back and know that I managed to spend at least part of Christmas Day — her birthday — with her for 51 years without a single miss. I’d give anything for No. 52. But 51 — not everyone has been blessed enough to be able to say that.
So, while we’re all still a bit lethargic from the carbohydrates (don’t blame the turkey) and the Mad Rush is a few hours away, it might be good to remember that the reason for the season that will be going full bore tomorrow is giving, not receiving — and certainly not demanding. I suggest taking any gesture of goodwill, however it is expressed to you, in the true spirit of Christmas. Who knows? It might even make you feel ... well ... a little merrier.
It’s not so much that an artist would think that giving birth was a form of art as it is that people would show up to watch it.
Sipping on a cup of coffee the other morning, possibly the last thing I expected to hear my wife, Cheryl, blurt out was that there was a big snake in our plum tree.
We all have a pretty good idea of what newspapers and other media have done over the past 120 years. The question now is: Where will they go in the next 120?
So, what exactly has America turned into?I mean, it used to be that parents went out of their way to protect their kids from harm.- Jim Hendricks, editor
- Fredericksburg makes you feel at home
- Triumph can turn to tragedy
- Majesty of Albany Theatre endures 26 comments
- CHAMPS camp helps kids with daily issues
- Not it when it comes to ‘not it’
- Births 19 May 2013 1 comment
- Keep kids healthy over the summer
- More Summer Camps
- Albany preparing for SB&T Bike Race
- Virus a chronic threat to tomatoes
- Phipps excellent choice for chief
- Thumbs Up - May 20, 2013
- Battle over Phoebe North stalling growth 4 comments
- Education makes difference in life 2 comments
- DCSS showing signs of progress 7 comments
- IRS profiled Tea Party, conservatives 12 comments
- Thumbs Up! - May 13, 2013
- The numbers are in for America’s moms
- Hot cars are no place for children
- Paula Deen museum cooks up exciting possibilities 16 comments