Top Jim Hendricks stories
Jim Hendricks is editor of The Albany Herald. He is in charge of the editorial page and is responsible for news, sports, desk, photography and library operations. Phone: (229) 888-9352. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jim Hendricks
Even after a quarter-century of marriage, it appears, you can still have the occasional bout with an epiphany.
There’s a one-word question, made to no one in particular, on the lips of a whole lot of Americans right now. Why?
Sometimes you’re just better off not knowing.
It’s amazing what a picture can do sometimes. You look at it, and you don’t just see the image. You smell it. You hear it. You even taste it.
Back when I was a kid in church — or in one of those summer revivals where the sweltering Georgia heat gave you the distinct feeling you had something of an idea of what waited ahead for the great unwashed — nothing bothered me more than the preacher talking about what was going to happen on the Great Gettin’ Up Morning.
Like many Americans, I've had my share of failed new year resolutions.
The items on this list are not recommended for kids. On the other hand, they’re not rated for mature recipients either, which means they should be perfect for that hard-to-buy-for guy or gal on your list.
The real winner of the 2012 presidential cycle may very well not be the person occupying of the White House this January.
It's always a little sad when an era ends.
If you believe what you read on the Internet these days, if Mitt Romney wins the election next month he'll have a celebration dinner his first night at the White House featuring an entree of roasted Big Bird.
A few years ago -- more than I want to admit -- I was sitting in the stadium in Atlanta, catching a Braves game and listening to some folks talking in nearby seats.
Sen. Johnny Isakson, R-Marietta, says August is "a good month" for him because of the way he spends his "vacation" from the U.S. Senate -- visiting with the folks back home and listening to what they have to say.
I got into some trouble some years back when someone asked me what my political allegiance was.
Politicians trying to “connect” with the public are apparently following in the tracks of comedians, the entertainment industry and R-rated singers by lacing their rhetoric with an old-fashioned dose of coarseness.
As much as we'd like to think otherwise, there never has been a real Mayberry, N.C.
SouthView: Features, lifestyle, arts and entertainment for metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
- Hospitals cutting payrolls to cope with hard times
- Medical grants being made available to Georgia children through UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Santa visits young patients at Albany Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
- BARRY LEVINE: What's your favorite Christmas song?
- Albany, SWGA Briefs -- Dec. 21, 2014
- Albany Area Community Calendar -- Dec. 21-29, 2014
- Christmas holidays in lights 2014 | PHOTO GALLERY
- Q&A with George Bailey
- ALBANY BIRTHS: Dec. 6 - 17, 2014
- MANDY FLYNN: My tidings of great joy, if only in my dreams
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 22, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 15, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 8, 2014
- Young Dougherty County scholars again impress
- Check out charitable organizations before you give
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 1, 2014
- Americans have much for which to be thankful
- Holiday spending looking healthy this year
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 23, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 17, 2014