LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Many do not like concealed gun carry because it infringes on their ability to bully
Those who carry concealed weapons illegally are the biggest concern.
LETTER TO THE EDITIOR: Eliminating positions with no warning is poor business
Abrupt eliminations of positions can adversely impact employees who remain with the company, too.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The mass changing of grades should not have been allowed
The Dougherty County School System leveled much stiffer punishment for the whistleblower than for those who were involved in the changing of the grades.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Government programs step in to provide care that should be up to parents
Government programs should not just throw money at the problem, but also hold parents accountable.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The disclosure of student information to the public was not as bad as the actions that were disclosed
In the case of the Westover High School freshmen grade changes, the respective punishments don’t fit the actions.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The annual event gives a good impression of Southwest Georgia to movers and shakers in business
The work by organizers of the Georgia Quail Hunt has given business leaders a positive view in regard to doing business in Georgia.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The law under consideration could have adverse impact on gay individuals
A proposal that could adversely impact gay people should not be cloaked as an act ensuring freedom of religion.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Owners who are negligent are the real issue
Albany dog ordinances should apply across-the-board and more resources should be devoted to dealing with people who abuse their pets.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Look at any president and you will find evidence of your preconceived notion
Placing 47 million non-working Americans in the backs of those who are working doesn’t “elevate” them; it drags everyone else down.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: While fundraising is challenging, the Albany community came through
The Cancer Coalition was able to exceed its fundraising goal with the event as it worked to fight cancer in Southwest Georgia.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: People should be more willing to help those in need and in trouble
Live life as an example to those who have problems and do what you can to help out.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The federal government has gotten out of control
Americans need to make an effort to rein in the overreaching government that is spending too much and interjecting itself too much into everyday lives.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Nearly four out of every five farm bill dollars go to food nutrition programs
Those who want the farm bill cut in half need to realize that near;y 80 percent of it goes to nutrition programs such as food stamps.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Celebration of birthdays of Confederate generals a reminder of Southern heritage
The annual event at American Legion Post 30 honored the memories of Gens. Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Dougherty School Board should offer superintendent job to Butch Mosely
Interim Superintendent Butch Mosely already is improving the Dougherty County School System and deserves to be named the permanent school chief.
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014
- Georgia taking this winter storm seriously
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 10, 2014
- CHARLES O. OCHIE SR.: Reentry failure is to costly to communities
- E.J. DIONNE: Even when agreeing, Obama foes blame him first
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- JOHN WALLACE: Stagecoach Mary broke barriers ... and a few noses
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Once upon a moonbeam
- ROBINSON: The American story of slavery
- SOWELL: Freedom is not free
- LORAN SMITH: Some heroes never get recognized
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Ed Lightsey was one of journalism';s true originals
- KEVIN SPROUL: Springtime offers opportunity to support CPIU