LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany police uninterested in attempted contact by witness to an arrest
Taking my name and number wouldn’t seem too much trouble if someone makes an allegation aganist the officer and he could use validation.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hearts are still heavy with memories of Sept. 11, 2001
The grief of a nation so blessed and yet violated by an act of evil men cannot be suppressed nor forgotten.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No permanent appointment has been made for a representative from the Second District
Georgia’s largest and poorest district deserves a permanent appointment to the Georgia Board of Education, not a “fill-in” representative.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Citizens have a responsibility to inform city leaders about concerns
We can only hold our elected officials accountable if and when we express our desires. Upon voicing our opinions, we, as citizens of this community, expect our elected officials to act upon our request.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Are doctors colluding with insurance companies on coding procedures?
Routine colonoscopies turn into out-of-pocket financial hardships and the consumer has no good recourse.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If someone breaks a firearms law, throw the book at him
Crack down on those who violate firearms laws and the number of incidents will decrease.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If a motorist has violated a law, he or she should be ticketed
If you are going to operate a motor vehicle on Georgia roads, obey the rules and you won’t be inconvenienced.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An armed person has a chance to defend himself
If all organizations are going to ban weapons for lawful law-abiding citizens, then they should bear the brunt of any and all consequences from any harm caused by those who don’t bother to obey the law.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Sherwood Christian Academy joins GICAA league
While the GICAA offers a high level of competition in sports and academics, we will not lose focus on our main purpose; providing an atmosphere that allows young students to grow into responsible adults.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: While taking care of other groups, the federal government unfairly penalizes notch babies
Congress owes it to those who were born in the notch baby period to ensure they are fairly treated.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An Albany group meets monthly to support those suffering from loss
Survivors of Suicide meets at 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jail alone will not correct the problems with young criminals
Corporal punishment is a deterrent to crime.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Those who question God are the ones who are arrogant
if God doesn’t exist, there is no heaven, so if someone doesn’t believe in God, they shouldn’t be upset with any perceived unfairness in rules for getting there.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR; The Olympic great received more recognition elsewhere than in her hometown
The death of Alice Coachman Davis should have been a time for the Albany community to collectively reflect on the positive image that she projected around the world.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Life savings are wrapped up in Seasons Christian residence
A decision is expected Tuesday on whether the bid for Seasons Christian Retirement Center will be accepted.
- Shiloh Baptist Church deserving of recognition
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 15, 2014
- Strong action needed now against ISIL
- Truett Cathy succeeded by doing it his way
- America must stand tall and stand together
- The Internet an asset that can devour
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 1, 2014
- A welcomed pause in the violence
- Thumbs Up! August 25, 2014
- ISIL's threat to America a real one
- ROBINSON: Obama may have to send troops
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Children need our love, protection
- BYRON YORK: Early on, Obama passed up sure approval of immigration reform
- JOE GANDELMAN: Do civilized nations have what it takes to beat ISIS?
- THOMAS SOWELL: An expert weighs in on late-talking children
- SOWELL: An expert weights in on late-talking children
- CAL THOMAS: With Clinton, where is the substance?
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Roots tour offers a chance for reconnection
- RONDA RICH: Old money, old South
- THOMAS: With Hillary, where is the substance?