LETTER TO THE EDITOR: East Albany is being overlooked
It’s time for someone or some people to step up and take leadership to move East Albany forward.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany commissioners paid too much for bank building
I wish I had a better answer for getting the public involved, but, embarrassingly, I don’t.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop pointing fingers and start cleaning up
The solution to unsightly litter is for each and every individual in Randolph County to develop a sense of community pride and strive to rid the community of this major problem.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Americs is being destroyed from within
Soviet goals stated in the 1950s are being realized in 2015 America.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Terms can be confusing these days
The dictionary is little help these days for those who want to use politically correct terminology.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: You can't be 'trapped' if you aren't speeding
Too many allowances have been made, especially for lawmakers, regarding traffic laws, Speed limits are rules, not suggestions.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Complacency and carelessness compromise honor and integrity
Once upon a time not so long ago in the Land of Greatness, there lived Honor and Integrity, happily married in a union destined to last forever. Together, they begat Morality, Virtue, Goodness, Decency, Discretion and Prudence. They were known universally as the Family Principle.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Follow the money when chasing criminals
Displays of big spending that can’t be supported by documentation should be grounds for seizing assets.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Customer service is the right prescription
Sometimes it seems as though exceptionally good customer service is becoming a thing of the past. There are still many people that take pride in their jobs and I salute them.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ethnocentrism has had a strangulating effect on the public sphere
Perhaps if we practiced standing in our truths rather than projecting them, we could finally distinguish the real from the ideal.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Elitist pressure is not true concern
Why are leaders focusing on political correctness instead of correcting real problems?
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Churches endorsing same-sex marriage is a puzzling thing
Can someone in a church that supports same-sex marriage please publish the scripture reference from the Bible that would permit them to allow and perform same-sex marriage?
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disagreeing with liberals leads to harsh labels
When conservatives or Christians (usually the same) disagree with culture changes, it must be because we are ignorant, racist, and “using religious liberty as a weapon,” according to columnist Catherine Rampell.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gun control advocates have limited point of view
A weapon is a tool that can equalize a threat you have no physical means of neutralizing. It was once called one’s personal responsibility to protect one’s family. Now, it seems meddling in other people’s business is your right and you should fear no consequences.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Criminals will not obey the law
All of the companies, schools, businesses and institutions that have banned guns are advertising to the degenerate minds of individuals who have a wanton disregard for the law that this is the place to go to get their name in the paper and on TV.
- Thumbs Up!
- EDITORIAL: Best wishes for President Carter
- EDITORIAL: America needs to pull together
- Thumbs Up!
- EDITORIAL: The challenge is to keep humanity's clock ticking
- EDITIORIAL: Top 10 GOP candidates to have first scrimmage
- Thumbs Up! Aug. 3, 2015
- Thumbs Up! July 27, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Marketing order for pecans a smart move
- EDITORIAL: Protecting our protectors here at home
- CARLTON FLETCHER: 'Born to Run' at 40 ... just as great as ever
- JIM HENDRICKS: A Trumpful entry into the White House
- MANDY FLYNN: Doggone it, don't judge me
- PERRY BUCHAHAN: Fitness is more than just numbers on a scale
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back at Septembers past
- LACEY SHORTER: Community garden a healthy project
- DICK YARBROUGH: Gov. Deal's communications director ready to try it on his own
- CREEDE HINSHAW; Joy can break out into Happy Socks
- GEORGE WILL: Donald Trump defines down the GOP
- JOHN WALLACE: You can't fool everyone all of the time