LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Columnist Cynthia Tucker didnt read minds in writing her column
Columnist relied on words and accounts of Sarah Palin and Thomas Jefferson in her opinion column.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberal pundits are too quick to applaud U.S./Iranian deal
Conflict has been common in the Middle East for thousands of years, and the pact negotiated by the Obama administration likely won’t end it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democratic lawmakers change positions with political winds
Democratic senators who decried idea of the so-called nuclear option when Republicans were in control had no problem hitting the button now.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Cynthia Tucker is decieved by her political crystal ball
The columnist is the one who is paranoid and overwrought, not Sarah Palin.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Meant to be temporary help, public housing has become permanent for some families
Allowing those who don’t qualify financially into public housing denies those who truly need it.
The biweekly lunches served at Albany Technical College rival fine meals
Gourmet meals are affordable from the young chefs at Albany Tech’s Culinary Arts School.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The U.S. government needs competent leadership
Mistakes are to be expected, but wise decisions must be made about Americas security.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Twerking has no place as a high school sance move
Monroe High School dancers should not have been allowed to perform inapproriate dance moves at football game.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Roads, bridges and other public infrastructure should not be named for individual veteran
With about 850,000 combat deaths in the history of America, no one death should be singled out over the others.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Affordable Care Act provides neither affordable insurance nor quality
The Affordable Care Act for Southwest Georgia has only one hospital and no doctors accepting it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany is obscured on the Weather Channel radar map
Montgomery stretches from central Alabama to the Atlantic Ocean on the Weather Channel map.
Letter to the Editor: In 70 percent of the states, an individual makes more while on welfare than by working for minimum wage.
As the federal debt continues to rise, the U.S. money barrel is getting more barren.
Letter to the Editor: The Articles of Confederation was a first attempt to decentralize the national government
Under the Articles of Confederation, the national government was dependent upon states for its funding.
Letter to the Editor: Greed and power led to U.S. federal government shutdown
If another government shutdown occurs, America may not regain its sanity.
Letter to the Editor: Money spent on buildings and salaries could help poor
Look at Albany area churches and you see where temples and idols are built.
- Thumbs Up! - Dec. 9, 2013
- Life of Nelson Mandela is to be celebrated
- On a day of celebration, Pearl Harbor's lessons still important
- Dougherty's brightest middle-schoolers go 'bowling'
- Make that really special delivery
- Albany Ward II voters determine today who will be their city commissioner
- Thumbs Up! - Dec.2, 2013
- Don't overlook locally-owned businesses this weekend
- Keep Black Friday Fever under control
- America has good reasons to be thankful
- LORAN SMITH: Still dreaming of a white Christmas
- Have yourself a very classic Christmas
- JIM HENDRICKS: Now that's a negotiator
- CARLTON FLETCHER: On the road with Jesus of Hazlehurst
- JOHN WALLACE: What's in a word at Christmastime?
- THOMAS: Two Mandelas
- MANDY FLYNN: Listen up, honey ... oh, never mind
- MICHELE MOULTON: Family is what matters most
- BARRY LEVINE: Reflecting on holiday favorites
- CARLTON FLETCHER: State insurance commissioner: Illnesses sick people's fault