LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Will it take an injury to a well-known person to spark action?
It may take a wreck involving a high-profile individual before needed action is taken at a dangerous interection north of Albany on U.S. Highway 82.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Better technology could help students improve performance
With the exposure kids today have to technology, the Dougherty County School System’s technology initiative could be a step in the right direction.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Legal Services Program provides service to those outside Atlanta who canot afford a lawyer
GLSP earned national recognition for implementing innovative strategies to meet recession-driven legal needs in the face of a 20 percent cut in its budget.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tybee Island takes conservative approach to beach wear
Tybee Island won’t give up its jurisdiction over its beaches.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: GOP Senate ticket a choices between lesser of two evils
The Democratic Senate nominee also has little to offer except her family’s political name.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certificate from 1976 is lost by local sports group
A 1,600-mile ride from Pelham to Texas got presidential recognition in 1976, but the certificate has been lost.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Taxpayers paying for people who kill
Those responsible for others’ death get jail time, and taxpayers foot the bill.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany worse off without Taylor
Albany is a better place because of James Taylor’s vision for its future.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Elk Lodge a good place for all times and places
We are so glad to learn Jon DuMond is putting new blood and life into the Elk Lodge #713.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jack Kingston has made mistakes, but he puts Georgia first
I know which of the two I will pick, and why I chose the way I did.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama administration has done too much trimming
The economy is lean, the jobs are lean and the military is getting leaner.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Some journalists still express themselves without worrying about being politically correct.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Local governments should not circumvent the state law
Law-abiding citizens should not be impeded in their efforts to protect themselves.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America does not need more of the folly of the Bush administration
Two hundred fifteen Republicans voted for the Iraq war, while 81 Democrats voted for it. Ten years later, the Republicans have been working assiduously to forget.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bug zaapers are effective at controlling mosquitoes at residences
An electrocution light and a heavy-duty extension cord are a safe and low-cost way of preventing mosquito-related health problems and the annoying itching.
- Thumbs Up! July 28, 2014
- Dougherty School System technology initiative a good investment
- Election surprises erode trust in democracy
- Federal courts take opposing views on ACA subsidies
- Thumbs Up! July 21, 2014
- Alice Coachman Davis a rare treasure
- Can a burned bridge be repaired this quickly?
- Thumbs Up! July 7, 2014
- A shining moment in a time of darkness
- We should be thankful to be Americans
- LORAN SMITH: Ezzards and McMullans know how to treat people
- JOHN WALLACE: Where are some of the best places to eat in town?
- RONDA RICH: What I love about my South
- CARLTON FLETCHER: State Rep.-elect Darrel Ealum subject of Democrat, Republican whisper campaigns
- BYRON YORK: After Arizona fiasco, is it back to the future for death penalty?
- THOMAS: Is Lois Lowry’s ‘The Giver’ a portent of what might be?
- CATHERINE RAMPELL: Me Inc. offers plenty of dividends
- TOM PURCELL: Teens not working does not work for America
- E.J. DIONNE: Paul Ryan's new clothes
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: Teachers unions stand in way of education reform