LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Quick medical work makaes survival of widow maker possible
Chest pain center medical staff and EMS team enable patient to survive critical heart attack.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: School district votes on school budgets not a bad idea for south Georgia
Issues over school spending, reckless behavior and crooked politicians are crop up in North as much as they do in the South.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Column recasts thoughts on political landscape
The U.S. is losing its Constitution a little bit at a time.
WARREN D. GRANT: Divert money from parks and the Civic Center to pay law enforcement better salaries
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Money spent on recreational, educational and entertainment facilities could be better spent
Dougherty County Sheriff’s Office personnel should have salaries raised with spending that now goes to the Civic Center, Flint RiverQuarium, Chehaw and Paul Eames Sports Park.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dougherty law enforcement officers have not had a raise in six years
Losing law enforcement officers because of low pay will make it tough to keep the “good life” in the Good Life City.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Leola Williams brought passion to her work at the Phoebe Putney Cancer Center desk
The family and co-workers of Leola Williams have lost a dear friend.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Despite personal shortcomings, President Clinton left a budget surplus
While Bill Clinton showed his human failings, he also had low unemployment, a booming economy and federal budget surpluses during his presidency.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: April is Confederate History and Heritage Month in Georgia
Former GOP gubernatorial candidate Ray McBerry will speak at this year’s Confederate memorial service for Dougherty and Lee counties.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The rules favor foreign producers who do not have to abide by the restrictions imposed on U.S. manufacturers
America needs to return to the days when it produced the highest quality products in the world.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: President George W. Bush started the current streak of budget deficits
Republicans worry about political gain instead of doing what’s best for America.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Writers should know biblical facts before they type
Teaching anything that God’s word doesn’t support is taking his name in vain.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dollar for dollar, President Obama has outspent President Bush
President George W. Bush realized that a terrorist’s most dangerous weapon was his mind.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Olympics have been completed, but Americans still try for bronze, silver, gold and even platinum
Most like the idea affordable health care offerings, but they dislike fraud and mandatory compliance.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The dredging has been approved, so why the hold up?
The unnecessary delay in the work deepening the Savannah port is a prime example of the federal government doing its finest bungling.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Law enforcement officers are critical personnel who deserve a livable wage
Budgets are always tight, but paying law enforcement officers is not the place the scrimp.
- Thumbs Up! April 21, 2014
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: U.S. deportation policy impolitic, inhumane
- MICHAEL REAGAN: Pennsylvania cannot afford to lose Gov. Tom Corbett
- KRAUTHAMMER: With campaign donations, the zealots win again
- MANDY FLYNN: Internet shopping lays a goose egg
- CARLTON FLETCHER: 'Regifting' reaquaints long-lost 'friends'
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back, April 20, 2014
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hear the guns
- BYRON YORK: Hillary Clinton leaning on records of husband, Obama
- E.J. DIONNE: Jeb Bush offers ray of optimism
- YARBROUGH: A reminder of what Easter is really about