LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America does not need more of the folly of the Bush administration
Two hundred fifteen Republicans voted for the Iraq war, while 81 Democrats voted for it. Ten years later, the Republicans have been working assiduously to forget.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bug zaapers are effective at controlling mosquitoes at residences
An electrocution light and a heavy-duty extension cord are a safe and low-cost way of preventing mosquito-related health problems and the annoying itching.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Forcing a team to change its mascot can have a cascading effect
The political pressure is mounting on the Washington Redskins to change their mascot and nickname.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pipe water from flooded areas of the U.S. to drought areas
Pipes like those used to distribute oil and natural gas could move water from areas where it is in surplus to areas where it is needed.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Outdoors writer seals the deal with The Swamp
Bob Kornegay’s work reminds nature lovers of what is special about the outdoors and shows those not in awe of nature what they’re missing.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: There should be no amnesty for those who illegally enter the United States
By co-sponoring the Enlist Act, U.S. Rep. Austin Scott, R-Tifton, is giving amnesty to illegal immigrants and allowing them to enter the U.S. military.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An enemy of the U.S. will enjoy protections from the government he despises
A military court at Guantanamo Bay prison is the proper venue for dealing with Ahmed Abu Khattala, the Libyan militant accused of being a mastermind of the 2012 Benghazi attacks.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: With 400,000 in and more coming, U.S. assistance programs will not have enough money
Women, pregnant women and children are assembling in Central America and illegally entering the United States, where they will be supported by the U.S. government and taxpayers.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Frustrated drivers are taking dangerous chances
The intersection of Hickory Grove, Oakland Parkway and U.S. Highway 82 is frustrating for motorists.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Locating a discount store in a residential neighborhood is unacceptable
An Albany neighborhood is not welcoming the Dougherty County Commission’s decision to let a discount store locate in it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Vehicle backup cameras have benefits for profit, not safety
Americans are allowing their fears and concerns to dictate where their money goes.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Being classified with a mental issue often results in lost contributions to society
Some can exhibit intelligence, but if they lie outside mainstream, they are shunned, outcast or isolated by society.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The number of items stolen has piled up in five years
I would have preferred the bike as an in-kind replacement for the one lost, but the officer wanted to back-pack it back to precinct in trunk of his patrol car.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The servicemans plight has been overshadowed by the prisoner swap in Afghanistan
American citizens should demand that the White House and Congress act to free a U.S. serviceman who is being held in a prison in Mexico.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Swapping five terrorists for soldier who walked off post was wrong
President Barack Obama is clearly the worst president ever elected.
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 22, 2014
- Shiloh Baptist Church deserving of recognition
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 15, 2014
- Strong action needed now against ISIL
- Truett Cathy succeeded by doing it his way
- America must stand tall and stand together
- The Internet an asset that can devour
- Thumbs Up! Sept. 1, 2014
- A welcomed pause in the violence
- Thumbs Up! August 25, 2014
- DOUG EVERETT: Number of ratepayer-supported free cellphones halved in Georgia
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: Obamacare is not the disaster it was predicted to be
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Emergency personnel are true super heroes
- BOB KORNEGAY: The woes of duck floating
- MARY GANZEL: Good sleep an important part of good health
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back at South Georgia news in the fall of 1899 | QUIZ
- BARRY LEVINE: Music tastes vary for Albanians
- TOM PURCELL: Obama learns of Pearl Harbor
- CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: The jihadi logic
- DICK YARBROUGH: Looking for positives in a negative world | POLL