LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Government cannot legislate a wrong into a right
The Constitution guarantees to the right to express one’s opinions.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Too many are following the noise from Washington, D.C.
The loss of freedom doesn’t come all at once. It is eroded slowly over time.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Albany chapter of Mended Hearts marks its 30th anniversary
Members of Mended Hearts visit heart patients and their families to offer support and encouragement.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Property owners should be allowed to destroy free-roaming cats
Cats need to be declared an invasive species and removed from the wild completely.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: American youth are watching a self-absorbed generation
Humbleness, kindness and concern for others are in short supply these days.
Dougherty Court Appointed Special Advocates advocate for children who have been abused, neglected or abandoned.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Scripture should be quoted in context
The Bible’s teachings on homosexuality are in agreement with the statements made by Phil Robertson, though some do not like to hear the truth.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Taxpyers foot bill for free wine and cheese on Amtrak
While some legitimately need help from the government to survive, others are gaming the system and the so-called government watchdogs do nothing to stop it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A segregated society was simply the way things were
The unpleasant memories of a woman who worked at the original Arctic Bear bring back events and conditions that people are trying to put behind them.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reminding people of the past an attempt to keep racism raging
Woman with unpleasant memories of the Arctic Bear should be thankful she lives in a country that can change for the better.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Civil War was a fight for independence
The Confederate flag represents principles upon which the United States was founded.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The federal government is acting like a dictatorship
Americans need to take a stand and run all the cronies out of Washington, D.C.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Social media will not replace family bonds
Social networks let teen strengthen friendships, with even casual acquaintances having the potential for a positive impact.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: It took the combined effort of hundreds of people to make the Albany Christmas parade successful
The Celebration of Lights parade requires hundreds of volunteers who channel the spirit of the season.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Columnist Cynthia Tucker didnt read minds in writing her column
Columnist relied on words and accounts of Sarah Palin and Thomas Jefferson in her opinion column.
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014
- Georgia taking this winter storm seriously
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 10, 2014
- JOE GANDELMAN: Vladimir Putin gives the world half of a pace sign
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Lee County officials plan tribute to fallen heroes
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 9, 2014
- CHARLES O. OCHIE SR.: Reentry failure is to costly to communities
- E.J. DIONNE: Even when agreeing, Obama foes blame him first
- YARBROUGH: Sen. Tippins working to improve Common Core standards
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- JOHN WALLACE: Stagecoach Mary broke barriers ... and a few noses
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Once upon a moonbeam
- ROBINSON: The American story of slavery