With the support of Albany’s congressional delegation, the recently passed federal budget includes funding to keep Southwest Georgia Regional Airport’s contract control tower open through Sept. 30.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pit bulls the victims of irrational stereotyping based on fear
Every dog should stand on its own merits, regardless of breed.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where is the outcry against gang members?
Gangs will not only injure people, they will steal from their livelihoods.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: While senasational lawyer ads are frowned upon, they are protected speech
A Savannah-area lawyer’s Super Bowl ad has created a stir, but the State Bar has little control over the content of its members’ ads.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The proposed ordiance can be improved by modifying it
The Albany City Commisison will hear comments on its proposed dangerous dog ordinance on Feb. 18 before a second reading on the proposal on Feb. 25.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pit bull owners have a choice that the defenseless do not have
An attack on a niece and her small dogs by pit bulls resulted in the small dog dying, the niece suffering permanent injuries and her daughter being traumatized.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tax allocation districts (TADs) must create more tax revenue to work
The fear is that the Central Business District will not generate greater tax revenues, leaving the payment of TAD debt to be picked up by taxpayers throughout Dougherty County.
LETTER TO THE EDITIOR: Taxpayers will have to foot the bill for insurance company losses
From the start, Obamacare has not functioned as envisioned. Now, taxpayers are on the hook for costs.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Welfare recipients who can work and illegal immigrants get free passes
Americans who work have fewer rights than those who scam the system.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: One path leads to rewards, the other to pitiless death
The battle in America is between capitalism and communism, not liberalism and conservatism.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hikes in the minimum wage means corresponding hikes in the cost of living
President Obama should have addressed importance of parental responsibilities in his State of the Union address.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Christmas gifts stolen during a residential break-in are recovered
What started out as a traumatic experience was mitigated by the recovery of the property and the service and consideration provided by Albany and Dougherty County police officers.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Cynthia Tucker is heir apparent to to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
Cynthia Tucker has no answers, only accusations — the same charge she levels against the Republicans.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tradition has its place in our lives
Change for the sake of change will not put you on a better path than the one you’re now traveling.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ariel Sharon helped build Israeli Defense Force
After helping establish the Israeli Defense Force, Ariel Sharon created its weakest link — eviction of settlers from the West Bank.
- Easter is a time of renewal
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
- KRAUTHAMMER: With campaign donations, the zealots win again
- MANDY FLYNN: Internet shopping lays a goose egg
- CARLTON FLETCHER: 'Regifting' reaquaints long-lost 'friends'
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back, April 20, 2014
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hear the guns
- BYRON YORK: Hillary Clinton leaning on records of husband, Obama
- E.J. DIONNE: Jeb Bush offers ray of optimism
- YARBROUGH: A reminder of what Easter is really about
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Misguided missionaries mar Masters
- CAL THOMAS: Chicken Little science proponents cluck louder