LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Taxpyers should not foot the bill for lunches for everyone
better home life is needed to turn things around in America. K
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High fuel costs impact blue-collar workers the most
Not being able to afford fuel has many people vacationing at home.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Will it take an injury to a well-known person to spark action?
It may take a wreck involving a high-profile individual before needed action is taken at a dangerous interection north of Albany on U.S. Highway 82.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Better technology could help students improve performance
With the exposure kids today have to technology, the Dougherty County School System’s technology initiative could be a step in the right direction.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Legal Services Program provides service to those outside Atlanta who canot afford a lawyer
GLSP earned national recognition for implementing innovative strategies to meet recession-driven legal needs in the face of a 20 percent cut in its budget.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tybee Island takes conservative approach to beach wear
Tybee Island won’t give up its jurisdiction over its beaches.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: GOP Senate ticket a choices between lesser of two evils
The Democratic Senate nominee also has little to offer except her family’s political name.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certificate from 1976 is lost by local sports group
A 1,600-mile ride from Pelham to Texas got presidential recognition in 1976, but the certificate has been lost.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Taxpayers paying for people who kill
Those responsible for others’ death get jail time, and taxpayers foot the bill.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany worse off without Taylor
Albany is a better place because of James Taylor’s vision for its future.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Elk Lodge a good place for all times and places
We are so glad to learn Jon DuMond is putting new blood and life into the Elk Lodge #713.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jack Kingston has made mistakes, but he puts Georgia first
I know which of the two I will pick, and why I chose the way I did.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama administration has done too much trimming
The economy is lean, the jobs are lean and the military is getting leaner.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Some journalists still express themselves without worrying about being politically correct.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Local governments should not circumvent the state law
Law-abiding citizens should not be impeded in their efforts to protect themselves.
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 15, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 8, 2014
- Young Dougherty County scholars again impress
- Check out charitable organizations before you give
- Thumbs Up! Dec. 1, 2014
- Americans have much for which to be thankful
- Holiday spending looking healthy this year
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 23, 2014
- Thumbs Up! Nov. 17, 2014
- In thanking veterans, actions are louder than words
- T. GAMBLE: A 'Squatchy' accomplishment in 2014
- LORAN SMITH: Food for thought from New York City
- RONDA RICH: Memories in the ashes
- CARLTON FLETCHER: I'm starting one-man, shop-local campaign
- MICHAEL GERSON: For a politics of repair
- CATHERINE RAMPELL: TV falsely portrays torture
- TOM PURCELL: The downside to living alone
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: Torture not only morally corrupting, but also ineffective
- MICHAEL REAGAN: It's not about race
- BOB KORNEGAY: A letter to Luther