LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Property owners should be allowed to destroy free-roaming cats
Cats need to be declared an invasive species and removed from the wild completely.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: American youth are watching a self-absorbed generation
Humbleness, kindness and concern for others are in short supply these days.
Dougherty Court Appointed Special Advocates advocate for children who have been abused, neglected or abandoned.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Scripture should be quoted in context
The Bible’s teachings on homosexuality are in agreement with the statements made by Phil Robertson, though some do not like to hear the truth.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Taxpyers foot bill for free wine and cheese on Amtrak
While some legitimately need help from the government to survive, others are gaming the system and the so-called government watchdogs do nothing to stop it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A segregated society was simply the way things were
The unpleasant memories of a woman who worked at the original Arctic Bear bring back events and conditions that people are trying to put behind them.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reminding people of the past an attempt to keep racism raging
Woman with unpleasant memories of the Arctic Bear should be thankful she lives in a country that can change for the better.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Civil War was a fight for independence
The Confederate flag represents principles upon which the United States was founded.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The federal government is acting like a dictatorship
Americans need to take a stand and run all the cronies out of Washington, D.C.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Social media will not replace family bonds
Social networks let teen strengthen friendships, with even casual acquaintances having the potential for a positive impact.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: It took the combined effort of hundreds of people to make the Albany Christmas parade successful
The Celebration of Lights parade requires hundreds of volunteers who channel the spirit of the season.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Columnist Cynthia Tucker didnt read minds in writing her column
Columnist relied on words and accounts of Sarah Palin and Thomas Jefferson in her opinion column.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberal pundits are too quick to applaud U.S./Iranian deal
Conflict has been common in the Middle East for thousands of years, and the pact negotiated by the Obama administration likely won’t end it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democratic lawmakers change positions with political winds
Democratic senators who decried idea of the so-called nuclear option when Republicans were in control had no problem hitting the button now.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Cynthia Tucker is decieved by her political crystal ball
The columnist is the one who is paranoid and overwrought, not Sarah Palin.
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
- We should be our brothers' keeper
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Politics 2014 -- Spell president with a capital 'D'
- LORAN SMITH: Bubba worthy of second green jacket
- THOMAS: Sebelius is the definition of a scapegoat
- E.J. DIONNE: A program Republicans should love
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Stephen Colbert no threat to the heartland
- TOM PURCELL: Longing for tax freedom
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: LBJ changed civil rights landscape
- MICHAEL REAGAN: Tea Partiers listening to too much talk radio
- MANDY FLYNN: You have arrived eventually
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Cautious optimism surrounds ADICA' pre-development agreement