LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Meant to be temporary help, public housing has become permanent for some families
Allowing those who don’t qualify financially into public housing denies those who truly need it.
The biweekly lunches served at Albany Technical College rival fine meals
Gourmet meals are affordable from the young chefs at Albany Tech’s Culinary Arts School.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The U.S. government needs competent leadership
Mistakes are to be expected, but wise decisions must be made about Americas security.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Twerking has no place as a high school sance move
Monroe High School dancers should not have been allowed to perform inapproriate dance moves at football game.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Roads, bridges and other public infrastructure should not be named for individual veteran
With about 850,000 combat deaths in the history of America, no one death should be singled out over the others.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Affordable Care Act provides neither affordable insurance nor quality
The Affordable Care Act for Southwest Georgia has only one hospital and no doctors accepting it.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Albany is obscured on the Weather Channel radar map
Montgomery stretches from central Alabama to the Atlantic Ocean on the Weather Channel map.
Letter to the Editor: In 70 percent of the states, an individual makes more while on welfare than by working for minimum wage.
As the federal debt continues to rise, the U.S. money barrel is getting more barren.
Letter to the Editor: The Articles of Confederation was a first attempt to decentralize the national government
Under the Articles of Confederation, the national government was dependent upon states for its funding.
Letter to the Editor: Greed and power led to U.S. federal government shutdown
If another government shutdown occurs, America may not regain its sanity.
Letter to the Editor: Money spent on buildings and salaries could help poor
Look at Albany area churches and you see where temples and idols are built.
Letter to the Editor: Under Obamacare, $750 billion is being moved from Medicare to Medicaid
The cost of the poorly working Affordable Care Act signup website has jumped from $94 million to an estimated $600 million.
Letter to the editor
Too often if we live with something that needs repair, we gradually become accustomed to it.
We need some sort of health care program in this country, but it need not be a partisan effort. Both sides in Congress must get together and develop a system that relies mostly on common sense and logic.
A government shutdown comes as no surprise, given our dysfunctional system where the people we elect to represent us instead represent themselves.
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
- We should be our brothers' keeper
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Politics 2014 -- Spell president with a capital 'D'
- LORAN SMITH: Bubba worthy of second green jacket
- THOMAS: Sebelius is the definition of a scapegoat
- E.J. DIONNE: A program Republicans should love
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Stephen Colbert no threat to the heartland
- TOM PURCELL: Longing for tax freedom
- CYNTHIA TUCKER: LBJ changed civil rights landscape
- MICHAEL REAGAN: Tea Partiers listening to too much talk radio
- MANDY FLYNN: You have arrived eventually
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Cautious optimism surrounds ADICA' pre-development agreement