OPINION: In her four years as secertary of state, Hillary Clinton has no achievements to point to
As she eyes a run at the presidency, Hillary Clinton has there is no single, momentous thing that she can point to as having achieved during her years as the nation’s top diplomat.
OPINION: Jeb Bush is exception to the general gloomy pessimism of the Republican Party
Jeb Bush is critical of President Obama, but he does not suggest, as so many in his party do, that because of President Barack Obama, the United States is on a path to decline and ruin.
Easter is about celebrating the One who gives us hope that something better awaits us when this life is done. A miraculous day. A joyous day. That is what Easter is really about. I wish we would all remember that.
OPINION: Faced with indifference, global warming alarmist raise the decibel level
The Obama administration and liberal politicians in general seem to promote climate change fiction in order to gain even more dominance over our lives. Apparently controlling one-sixth of the economy through Obamacare isn’t enough for them.
OPINION: During what many had hoped would be a post-racial America, racial division has been amplifie
The race cards have been flying so fast and furious lately, one can hardly tell the kings from the queens.
OPINION: Voluntary service is something that should cross political divides
AmeriCorps gives mostly young Americans a chance to spend a year helping communities and those in need while also nurturing thousands of organizations across the country. Senior Corps provides Americans over 55 a chance to serve, too.
OPINION: Stephen Colbert will take over The Late Show from David Letterman in 2015
By selecting Stephen Colbert as its marquee late-night talk host, CBS is not taking a swipe at the heartland of America, but bringing to the interview desk a comedian with a sharp wit who won’t be playing his “The Colbert Report” character.
OPINION: Americans spend more on taxes than their food, clothing and housing combined
It takes about a third of Americans’ income to satisfy their collective tax bill, which doesn’t cover repaying the money that the federal government borrows each year.
OPINION: The 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act comes at a confusing moment for America
The America that elected Obama is a very different place from the nation over which Johnson presided.
OPINION: Talk radio tries to build audience, not political majority
For Republicans to win general elections, they need conservative candidates who do not sound like bombastic talk radio hosts.
Two months ago, a petition bearing more than 110,000 signatures was delivered to The Washington Post demanding a ban on any article questioning global warming. The petition arrived the day before publication of my column, which consisted of precisely that heresy.
OPINION: ACA opponents do not have to overreach to make their points
Many individuals are finding higher costs and fewer choices under Obamacare.
OPINION: Historians have taken a more positive view of President Lyndon Johnson
The Lyndon B. Johnson comeback brings with it a new appreciation of the durability of the reforms enacted on his watch.
OPINION: A peace process will not work if one side does not want peace
The accumulation of evidence over the years points to one thing: Palestinians want Israel wiped out and believe they have a divine mandate to destroy it.
OPINION: CIA response to Sen. Feinstein latest case of men behaving badly
A man in Sen. feinstein’s position would never be accused of having a “deep emotionalfeeling” about an issue.
Letters to the Editor
- MARCIA JOHNSON: Emergency medical team a blessing to patient, family
- WALT SPECHT: Vermont visits always enlighten
- JOHN BRYANT: Moving ahead is only backing up
- WARREN D. GRANT: Divert money from parks and the Civic Center to pay law enforcement better salaries
- SHARISSE KELLY: Law enforcement officers deserve higher pay
- BETTY MCDONALD: Death of Leola Williams a loss to family and co-workers
- JOHN BRYANT: Bill Clinton had strong economic record
- BOB LOGAN: Confederate memorial service set for Dougherty and Lee counties April 5
- WALT SPECHT: America should be worlds top manufacturer
- JOHN A. TAYLOR: Republicans run up bills for future generations
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hear the guns
- BYRON YORK: Hillary Clinton leaning on records of husband, Obama
- E.J. DIONNE: Jeb Bush offers ray of optimism
- YARBROUGH: A reminder of what Easter is really about
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Misguided missionaries mar Masters
- CAL THOMAS: Chicken Little science proponents cluck louder
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Erase the race card
- SOWELL: Comparison of men vs. women pay is statistical fraud
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Politics 2014 -- Spell president with a capital 'D'
- LORAN SMITH: Bubba worthy of second green jacket
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
- We should be our brothers' keeper