OPINION: Over the past three decades, America has made strides in combating lawlessness
Falling crime rates may lead to bipartisan cooperation on prison and sentencing reforms.
OPINION: The botched start of Obamacare brings un-glad tidings to all
Given the bumpy roll-out, broken promises and delays granted to businesses and insurance companies, the question is whether the Affordable Care Act can survive.
OPINION: GOP should pounce on disaster of Obamacare
Instead of taking advantage of the Obamacare fiasco, members of the GOP are fighting among themselves.
OPINION: Post-JFK America has gained much, but lost much, too
It is hard to envision a president riding in an open vehicle in a day when presidential motorcades are rolling war machines.
OPINION: The Affordable Care Act was the most partisan bill to pass Congress in a century
The backlash against Obamacare continues and it is likely to get worse.
OPINION: Crack-smoking Mayor Bob Ford a sign that political standards are heading lower
Toronto Mayor Bob Ford saw his poll numbers rise as his reputation sank over admitted drug and alcohol use.
OPINION: The president had to know his promises on keeping health plans were empty
Despite efforts by Republicans to derail the Affordable Care Act, deception by Obama may be the biggest threat to his legacy.
OPINION: Family at home know about the sacrifices of war, too
Veterans Day is also a time to pay homage to the families who support their soldiers and wait for their safe return.
OPINION: Republicans need to create a political product that the voters want
The GOP has become the first U.S. politcal party to have a negative rating over 50 percent.
OPINION: Opposition to Affordable Care Act is more noise than substance
Affordable health Care opponents create noise to distract attention from their lack of a solution for reforming U.S. health care.
OPINION: Conservatives in U.S. House threaten food safety net
House lawmakers push a farm bill that provides welfare for farmers, but cuts food stamps out of the legislation.
OPINION: A scandal over improper Earned Income Tax Credit payouts will impact Obamacare
An IRS Inspector General report finds that 21-30 percent of the $60-$70 billion in Earned Income Tax Credits paid by the IRS each year are improper.
OPINION: Former President Bill Clinton says conservative ideology does not accomplish anything
Former President Bill Clinton tells Virginia voters that the electorate that goes to the poll in off-presidential election years is different from the one that votes when the White House is at stake.
OPINION: An advertising blitz attacked the GOP gubernatorial candidate in Virginia
Polls indicate that Virginia voters have a general distaste for the Republican role in the partial federal government shutdown.
OPINION COLUMN: The declining white U.S. population is a challenge for the future of the Republican Party
Instead of trying to appeal to a broader base, many Republicans are trying to prevent minorities from voting.
Letters to the Editor
- DAVID SHIVERS: Cynthia Tucker's column is no diatribe
- WARREN D. GRANT: Time will tell on deal with Iran
- DUANE DAVIS: America has taken the wrong direction
- WARREN D. GRANT: Columnist Cynthia Tucker continues divisive writings
- WALT SPECHT: Public housing should be for the poor who are deserving
- SAM HARRIS: Gourmet meals await at Albany Tech
- JOHN BRYANT: Americans are starting to question changes
- FORREST ADAMS: Monroe dancing was inappropriate
- WALT SPECHT: Special recognition of one combat death diminishes others
- MIKE SABOT: Obamacare supporters sold a bad bill of goods
- T. GAMBLE: Segway not the best idea of Christmas present
- MAC GORDON: At Christmas, its hard to beat America's Mayberrys
- TOM PURCELL: Get back to the basics with Christmas toys
- SOWELL: Good books for Christmas
- LORAN SMITH: Still dreaming of a white Christmas
- Have yourself a very classic Christmas
- JIM HENDRICKS: Now that's a negotiator
- CARLTON FLETCHER: On the road with Jesus of Hazlehurst
- JOHN WALLACE: What's in a word at Christmastime?
- THOMAS: Two Mandelas
- Thumbs Up! - Dec. 9, 2013
- Life of Nelson Mandela is to be celebrated
- On a day of celebration, Pearl Harbor's lessons still important
- Dougherty's brightest middle-schoolers go 'bowling'
- Make that really special delivery
- Albany Ward II voters determine today who will be their city commissioner
- Thumbs Up! - Dec.2, 2013
- Don't overlook locally-owned businesses this weekend
- Keep Black Friday Fever under control
- America has good reasons to be thankful