OPINION: Over the past three decades, America has made strides in combating lawlessness
Falling crime rates may lead to bipartisan cooperation on prison and sentencing reforms.
OPINION: The botched start of Obamacare brings un-glad tidings to all
Given the bumpy roll-out, broken promises and delays granted to businesses and insurance companies, the question is whether the Affordable Care Act can survive.
OPINION: GOP should pounce on disaster of Obamacare
Instead of taking advantage of the Obamacare fiasco, members of the GOP are fighting among themselves.
OPINION: Post-JFK America has gained much, but lost much, too
It is hard to envision a president riding in an open vehicle in a day when presidential motorcades are rolling war machines.
OPINION: The Affordable Care Act was the most partisan bill to pass Congress in a century
The backlash against Obamacare continues and it is likely to get worse.
OPINION: Crack-smoking Mayor Bob Ford a sign that political standards are heading lower
Toronto Mayor Bob Ford saw his poll numbers rise as his reputation sank over admitted drug and alcohol use.
OPINION: The president had to know his promises on keeping health plans were empty
Despite efforts by Republicans to derail the Affordable Care Act, deception by Obama may be the biggest threat to his legacy.
OPINION: Family at home know about the sacrifices of war, too
Veterans Day is also a time to pay homage to the families who support their soldiers and wait for their safe return.
OPINION: Republicans need to create a political product that the voters want
The GOP has become the first U.S. politcal party to have a negative rating over 50 percent.
OPINION: Opposition to Affordable Care Act is more noise than substance
Affordable health Care opponents create noise to distract attention from their lack of a solution for reforming U.S. health care.
OPINION: Conservatives in U.S. House threaten food safety net
House lawmakers push a farm bill that provides welfare for farmers, but cuts food stamps out of the legislation.
OPINION: A scandal over improper Earned Income Tax Credit payouts will impact Obamacare
An IRS Inspector General report finds that 21-30 percent of the $60-$70 billion in Earned Income Tax Credits paid by the IRS each year are improper.
OPINION: Former President Bill Clinton says conservative ideology does not accomplish anything
Former President Bill Clinton tells Virginia voters that the electorate that goes to the poll in off-presidential election years is different from the one that votes when the White House is at stake.
OPINION: An advertising blitz attacked the GOP gubernatorial candidate in Virginia
Polls indicate that Virginia voters have a general distaste for the Republican role in the partial federal government shutdown.
OPINION COLUMN: The declining white U.S. population is a challenge for the future of the Republican Party
Instead of trying to appeal to a broader base, many Republicans are trying to prevent minorities from voting.
Letters to the Editor
- WALT SPECHT: Violent confrontations can be avoided
- ARLEEN SCHULTZ: Employees derserve better consideation
- JOHN MCRAE: Resolution of Westiver grade change scandal set poor example
- WALT SPECHT: Parents are abandoning their basic responsibilities to their children
- WARREN D. GRANT: Grade changing creates questions
- CHRIS CLARK: The 26th Georgia Quail Hunt was again a success
- LEE LOWERY: Proposed law that allows discrimination is not religious freedom
- DIANE BENFORD: Dog laws should apply to all breeds
- WARREN D. GRANT: Politicians of all stripes are pushing America into the abyss
- JULIE SELLERS: The success of the Night of Hope Gala was due to work of many
- CHARLES O. OCHIE SR.: Reentry failure is to costly to communities
- E.J. DIONNE: Even when agreeing, Obama foes blame him first
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- JOHN WALLACE: Stagecoach Mary broke barriers ... and a few noses
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Once upon a moonbeam
- ROBINSON: The American story of slavery
- SOWELL: Freedom is not free
- LORAN SMITH: Some heroes never get recognized
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Ed Lightsey was one of journalism';s true originals
- KEVIN SPROUL: Springtime offers opportunity to support CPIU
- Obama budget sinks Savannah Port Expansion Project progress
- Global political climate gets chillier
- Thumbs Up! March 3, 2014
- Big weekend places Albany in the spotlight
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 24, 2014
- Top education leaders working to improve Albany-Dougherty County
- High school GPA may be better indicator of college potential
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 17, 2014
- Georgia taking this winter storm seriously
- Thumbs Up! Feb. 10, 2014